KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1/8/2018 - #4A (Ranking FOUR, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Tournament - VOTE!

Who is #4? Write your response in the comments below in order for it to be counted.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
VALKORION -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 10 35.71%
DARTH NIHILUS -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 1 3.57%
YODA -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 17 60.71%
DARTH PLAGUEIS -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
UNUTHUL -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
OTHER -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1/8/2018 - #4A (Ranking FOUR, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Tournament - VOTE!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Valkorion

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. Luke
2. Palpatine
3. Anakin
4. Yoda

looks better than

1. Luke
2. Palpatine
3. Anakin
4. Valkorion

imo

so i'm going with yoda smile
i think valk would look very good in 10.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Despite the fact Valk's feats are easily superior. Mkay.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:10 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by AncientPower
No chance Valk doesn't take 4.
This must be hard for you.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:36 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Not as hard as your cocks when a PT character gets put on there.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:36 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Beniboybling
This must be hard for you.

thumb uplaughing

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Breaking news: discovery of the mysterious and unprecedented deposit of salt in this thread has baffled geologists across the globe.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:28 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Holy ****

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: What is the argument for Valk defending against Yoda's lightsaber btw

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Holy ****

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: What is the argument for Valk defending against Yoda's lightsaber btw

He can easily block lightsabers with his barrier, plus he can spam teleport and time stop.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Nephthys
He can easily block lightsabers with his barrier

Surely that's dependent on the opponent he faces. Yoda being far stronger than Arcann, and having exhibited greater combat speed than Valkorion, kind of puts this sort of defence into question.

quote:
plus he can spam teleport and time stop.

I always hear this.

Do we have a basis for assuming he can do this? These aren't really finger-flick powers. Teleportation especially. On top of that, virtually all known teleporters have lost fights in SW because they were just worse than their opponents, and teleportation didn't save them. Including every single one from TOR (except KotFE Satele Shan because to my knowledge you don't actually get to fight her, though she implies that she'd lose in a fight regardless).

Valkorion himself states "time has not stopped", though. Do we have a good reason to ignore that and assume that he can reliably pull it out to just circumvent any attack? As far as I know it's only been used for conversational effect, not for actually making a difference in combat. I'm willing to see evidence to the contrary. Based on the situations we see it seems abundantly clear to me that Valkorion can't actually stop time anyway, since I don't believe he's managed to actually solve any of the crises in which he's purportedly "frozen time", only given the Outlander a chance to have conversation with him and discuss their options.

And again if Yoda can get him before he can enact these powers they're useless anyway.

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:51 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

No proof of reasonable combat applicability for any of them, and no hard evidence that Valk can even stop time in the first place.

Not that it matters, Valk is a sub-Plagueis hack who will lose whatever he tries. sad

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:54 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yep, I still don't understand the hysteria surrounding teleportation. It was there for Revan, the Dread Masters etc. as well.

I don't hear anyone saying An'ya Kuro suddenly gets a free pass versus Yoda, though. Or anyone denying that she lost to Vader in spite of her teleporting powers.

Maybe if she became some TOR operation boss who could "threaten the galaxy" if she was released but ends up losing to the main cast by having a bowling pin dropped on her head then they'll afford her the same privilege. thumb up

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:01 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by SunRazer
Maybe if she became some TOR operation boss who could "threaten the galaxy" if she was released but ends up losing to the main cast by having a bowling pin dropped on her head then they'll afford her the same privilege. thumb up

Lmao, I’ve missed you.

You became way more fun when you stopped giving a shit.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The First Son of the Emperor was capable of casually teleporting around repeatedly in a cutscene whilst repeatedly attacking the Barsen'thor. His power is merely a small fraction of Vitiate's, not to mention Valkorion's.

When Valkorion boost the Outlander's perceptions during earlier points in KOTFE he's a lot less powerful than he is in KOTET Ch.9 after draining Vaylin's essence upon her death. There's also a difference between those instances. In the Ch.9 iteration, not only is everything completely frozen, but Valkorion's capable of attacking the Outlander outright. Not something he can do simultaneously when he death waves the Zakuul knights or blasts Arcann, he has to exit his time freeze on those instances. Not in Ch.9. There's a clear difference.

Furthermore, if you notice, when he first appears he does the whole time effect thing in Outlander's mind but when Arcann and Senya react, he freezes time again. But this time in real time.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:14 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:08 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Sel - Damn quote button isn't working, and that's such a small post too.

Appreciated. Sounds like the teary TORies won't ever be fun, though. What a shame. smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:10 PM
cs_zoltan

Special characters f-uck up the quoting not the length of the post.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:13 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by AncientPower
The First Son of the Emperor was capable of casually teleporting around repeatedly in a cutscene whilst repeatedly attacking the Barsen'thor. His power is merely a small fraction of Vitiate's, not to mention Valkorion's.

When Valkorion boost the Outlander's perceptions during earlier points in KOTFE he's a lot less powerful than he is in KOTET Ch.9 after draining Vaylin's essence upon her death. There's also a difference between those instances. In the Ch.9 iteration, not only is everything completely frozen, but Valkorion's capable of attacking the Outlander outright. Not something he can do simultaneously when he death waves the Zakuul knights or blasts Arcann, he has to exit his time freeze on those instances. Not in Ch.9. There's a clear difference.

1. The First Son still lost that fight, though. And he only teleported a few metres, something which I doubt will be a significant nuisance in any fight between high-level Force users.

2. Is he still with the Outlander at that point though? If he is, then that doesn't apply to Yoda for obvious reasons. To my knowledge, it's always been the Outlander's perception of time that Valkorion affected, not anybody else's.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:14 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Special characters f-uck up the quoting not the length of the post.

In Sel's post? There's about as many special characters as there've been incidents of Valkorion actually stopping time.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:15 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I edited. He does it twice in succession but the second time isn't in Outlander's mind.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:15 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SunRazer
Surely that's dependent on the opponent he faces. Yoda being far stronger than Arcann, and having exhibited greater combat speed than Valkorion, kind of puts this sort of defence into question.

I always hear this.

Do we have a basis for assuming he can do this? These aren't really finger-flick powers. Teleportation especially. Virtually all known teleporters have lost fights in SW because they were just worse than their opponents, and teleportation didn't save them.

Valkorion himself states "time has not stopped", though. Do we have a good reason to ignore that and assume that he can reliably pull it out to just circumvent any attack? As far as I know it's only been used for conversational effect, not for actually making a difference in combat. I'm willing to see evidence to the contrary.

And again if Yoda can get him before he can enact these powers they're useless anyway.

Even if we think he's far stronger than Arcann, Yoda's fighting style doesn't rely on power since he's usually airborne when attacking. He'd need to be attacking his ankles to actually have leverage on his attacks. And Valkorion was casually blocking Arcann anyway, Yoda shouldn't be that much of an issue. Plus Yoda's speed isn't too much for Valkorion to handle. He should be as fast or faster than Revan who is well within the range of handling Yoda's speed and Valkorion can supplement his speed with his teleportation and slowed time perception. If Yoda pressures his barrier he can teleport away. If Yoda is too fast he can slow time.

They aren't ones that require much effort either. Teleportation can be done instantly with no apparent strain and so too for Valkorions time stop ability. He can do it instantly even in the midst of lightsaber swings and shows no problem with maintaining it for long periods.

That's pedantic. I was just using the term time stop because its easier to say than "his ability to slow his perception of time to a crawl such that even powerful force users are frozen statues". Valkorion "stopped time" on the midst of combat most of the time. He did it in the middle of combat against Arcann, Heskal and in the middle of Lana getting attacked. All right in the middle of attacks. In fact with Heskal the Outlander was able to move in time stop, suggesting the ability is even more powerful than just perception manipulation. And if you accept Valkorions power you attack Heskal still in time stop.

Between those 3 abilities Yoda has no hope of reaching Valkorion with his blade. He can only hope to win a Force contest in which he's hopeless outmatched.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote