KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman

Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulkster

xJLxKing

You will never find anywhere where I have ever stated that SS would open a black hole in someone’s brain. That, just the same, is laziness. In these debates, I search through the books for evidence. The superspeed/statue argument doesn’t require that. If someone shows Superman speed blitzing, I should be able to counter and balance it out by showing him getting beaten by a slow brick.

Where have I compared Hulk’s strength to Deadpool’s? What I will say is this. Despite being significantly faster and easily twenty times stronger, I will never say that Spidey would treat Cap like nothing because the comics show different. The comics define the characters. When we start defining the characters, it becomes fan fiction.

I see that no one answered my question about Darkseid. I’ve also noticed that folks don’t stress that Hulk and Thor should be statues to Gladiator and Sentry. It’s evident that this tends to be an argument DC fans like to use against Marvel characters.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:41 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
They day Usain Bolt sees the world like this:

(please log in to view the image)

We'll call that a fair point.

One thing to note is that no one is fighting in that scene.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:46 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
They day Usain Bolt sees the world like this:

We'll call that a fair point.

Having a fast brain processing doesn't mean that you are fast in combat too...

Either ways, on that scan, Superman is as slow as the woman falling...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:51 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheHulkster
xJLxKing

You will never find anywhere where I have ever stated that SS would open a black hole in someone’s brain. That, just the same, is laziness. In these debates, I search through the books for evidence. The superspeed/statue argument doesn’t require that. If someone shows Superman speed blitzing, I should be able to counter and balance it out by showing him getting beaten by a slow brick.

Where have I compared Hulk’s strength to Deadpool’s? What I will say is this. Despite being significantly faster and easily twenty times stronger, I will never say that Spidey would treat Cap like nothing because the comics show different. The comics define the characters. When we start defining the characters, it becomes fan fiction.

I see that no one answered my question about Darkseid. I’ve also noticed that folks don’t stress that Hulk and Thor should be statues to Gladiator and Sentry. It’s evident that this tends to be an argument DC fans like to use against Marvel characters.

What was your question about Darkseid?

And yes, people have used those arguments for the likes of Gladiator before. It just doesn't work as well because he doesn't have the multitude of speed feats that Superman does.

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Having a fast brain processing doesn't mean that you are fast in combat too...

Either ways, on that scan, Superman is as slow as the woman falling...

No he isn't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-

No he isn't.

He is...

All he did was sit up... If you look at the scene, the waitress is actually doing much moves and traveling a greater distance than Superman in the same panels...

I guess that she is super-fast in combat according to the logic supported by many people in here...

My opinion:

The relevancy of this scan to argue for the combat capabilities of the characters is ZERO.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:59 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He is...

All he did was sit up... If you look at the scene, the waitress is actually doing much moves and traveling a greater distance than Superman in the same panels...

I guess that she is super-fast in combat according to the logic supported by many people in here...

My opinion:

The relevancy of this scan to argue for the combat capabilities of the characters is ZERO.

Maybe you need to see more of the scene:

This is the start, where the woman slips.

5 pages pass where they're talking. Then we get to this page.

Superman has been interacting with Flash the entire time. You can argue that it has no impact on his combat capabilities, but he's still not nearly as slow as the waitress that tripped.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

The question about Darkseid is would he be a statue to Superman.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:19 AM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would he>? Darkseid's been established as having super-speed reflexes fast enough to move faster than Clark could react since the very first time Superman encountered Darkseid in Post Crisis continuity during the Legends event tie-in.

Darkseid has superspeed reflexes.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:30 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh that. Generally it depends on the version but no, not a statue. Superman IS faster, but Darkseid has decent reflexes and his omega beams are fast as hell.

The whole "would be a statute" thing is crap anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:32 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Respectfully, how much Superman have you read?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:40 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

I'm sure it's more than you have.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:15 AM
LordofBrooklyn

I'm sure it's more than you have.

LISTEN CLOSELY, YOU'D DO WELL NOT TO PUSH YOUR LUCK AFTER YOU ROBBED ME WITH YOUR MORONIC DECISION!!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:22 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I

Doesn’t matter. It’s not about what happens in the comic according to some.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:44 AM
Stoic
Avenger

xJLxKing

In a real world speedsters would never be hit by character far slower than them, but comic books are not real world topics. The slow hit the fast all of the time, which would actually mean that they aren't that slow.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

In effect, all their arguments boil down to: PIS doesn't exist.

Unless it helps their arguments, of course.
thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:53 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
In a real world speedsters would never be hit by character far slower than them, but comic books are not real world topics. The slow hit the fast all of the time, which would actually mean that they aren't that slow.

100% agree.

Now, we need to ask WHY slower people hit faster all the time.

As you say, they are SLOWER. Not comparable, or equal, but slower.

Do the faster people have two speeds? Love getting hit?

Or, in comic books, are they hit because....plot calls for it?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe you need to see more of the scene:

This is the start, where the woman slips.

5 pages pass where they're talking. Then we get to this page.

Superman has been interacting with Flash the entire time. You can argue that it has no impact on his combat capabilities, but he's still not nearly as slow as the waitress that tripped.

You can argue that they spoke at super-speed but that's all that Superman did. ^^

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:01 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Are you saying Superman can move like normal, but for some reason can't attack at that speed?

Why you're still among us is beyond my understanding, friend.

And I'm not even talking about mods and bans, but natural selection in rl.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:04 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So those three do the same to Darkseid right?

DS has OHK beams which chase down, change direction and have the potential to catch the Flash.

Hardly the best example. If anything, it's PIS that these three can hang with him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:27 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

You can argue that they spoke at super-speed but that's all that Superman did. ^^

Whats faster? speak multiple complete sentences or throwing a punch?

And they were eating also while everything else was a at standstill.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:45 AM
Diesldude is online now! Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote