KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » General Zod Vs Unworthy Thor

General Zod Vs Unworthy Thor
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I think Aaron is complete shit though. He only writes good when he focuses his efforts on only Thor centric things... or Odinson I guess, because his ****ing name isn't Thor Odinson... the second he brings an outside character in the story turns to trash. The only exception is the King Thor vs Galactus fight, but that might just be because of the art... all of it might be.

Good point.

Ribic made that first run. That shit was good man.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:55 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That makes no sense. How is he like a clipped GL? Zod can punch Kyle in the face and ruin his day. If he punches Thor in the face, he's getting a punch right back or an axe into his gut. And heat vision spamming from a distance isn't enough to win this fight. If Thor hits Zod with his lightning, it would hurt. Especially, if it is considered mystical. A big bolt would ground him. And Thor can radiate that shit.

Jane Thor is terrible man. Just terrible. The worst part? It's not hard to make it decent. Aaron's a good writer relatively speaking and he has amazing artists. He has to actively push his agenda to make it shit.
What if Zod just flies in and punches and grabs the axe to create a struggle over it? I mean, omnidirectional Thor is a toughy, but I do believe Zod can get near him and disarm him. Maybe he even baits an axe swing and moves slightly to the left or possibly the right in an attempt to directly deal with the axe.

Fighting a hammerless Thor doesn't create a funnel where the only option is to run into an axe. And I believe he can disarm this theoretical Funnel Thor, even moreso since the axe has no special abilities against it besides Thor's grip. If you're going to make Funnel Thor, you could at least assume Zod doesn't pretend the axe is invisible. That Thor could go axe swing for every Zod punch. That Zod rushing in and punching him would only have an immediate retaliation.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:17 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Fighting a hammerless Thor doesn't create a funnel where the only option is to run into an axe.
Come on, Bran. This isn't your first time in a Thor thread. You know how this goes.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:52 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

At least when he had the hammer, you could let things play out because there are ways he could stay in the fight or ways something could happen. Options and shit, two sides, etc. Both sides think the other side annihilates the other but it's largely based on "something" so whatever.

Acting like Zod firing off HV is only not an option because of Thor's Frieza cage of lightning and he has to be funnelled right into the axe where it's bad news bears seems like a blatant misrepresentation of everything though. Thor isn't Flash and they aren't fighting in a hallway where the walls are magic. Even if Zod gets close it doesn't instantly assume axe time. He's not a giant green cock sucker with comparable speed.

Oh yeah, that's another thing... asian Hulk. I bet Carver just laps that shit up though like a discarded tampon.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 11:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What if Zod just flies in and punches and grabs the axe to create a struggle over it? I mean, omnidirectional Thor is a toughy, but I do believe Zod can get near him and disarm him. Maybe he even baits an axe swing and moves slightly to the left or possibly the right in an attempt to directly deal with the axe.

Fighting a hammerless Thor doesn't create a funnel where the only option is to run into an axe. And I believe he can disarm this theoretical Funnel Thor, even moreso since the axe has no special abilities against it besides Thor's grip. If you're going to make Funnel Thor, you could at least assume Zod doesn't pretend the axe is invisible. That Thor could go axe swing for every Zod punch. That Zod rushing in and punching him would only have an immediate retaliation.

That's fair, Zod isn't a f*cking idiot. He can disarm Thor. By the same token, Thor isn't a f*cking idiot either, wouldn't let himself get easily disarmed and has fought enough flying super bricks to know what's good.

That's a weak strawman. When did I ever make any such claim? Am I assuming that Zod is most likely going to brawl it out with Thor? Yes. Definitely. It's what he f*cking does. And when it doesn't work, he usually tries it again, just harder. Thor's not some idiot who's going to stand there and get helplessly bombarded by Zod's masterfully planned attacks and lose every single time. Zod would have obviously won a majority if this was drunk and depressed "I'm the God of Hammers" pre-Unworthy Thor. Not now.

I'm just countering your point that Thor is clipped Green Lantern....As if that is at all comparable.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 11:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Odinson is a ****ing idiot though.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's fair, Zod isn't a f*cking idiot. He can disarm Thor. By the same token, Thor isn't a f*cking idiot either, wouldn't let himself get easily disarmed and has fought enough flying super bricks to know what's good.

That's a weak strawman. When did I ever make any such claim? Am I assuming that Zod is most likely going to brawl it out with Thor? Yes. Definitely. It's what he f*cking does. And when it doesn't work, he usually tries it again, just harder. Thor's not some idiot who's going to stand there and get helplessly bombarded by Zod's masterfully planned attacks and lose every single time. Zod would have obviously won a majority if this was drunk and depressed "I'm the God of Hammers" pre-Unworthy Thor. Not now.

I'm just countering your point that Thor is clipped Green Lantern....As if that is at all comparable.

A seasoned GL is far more effective than Odinson though.

Hal is straight up more powerful than Odinson at this point.

And it wouldn't take Zod a hundred punches to ko Odinson either in which he has time to swing his axe in slow motion and hit him. It'd take at most five or six punches.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 02:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I think for all intents and purposes Zod is completely equal to Superman in strength and abilities. Obviously they fight a bit different, but I have severe doubts one would beat the other by overpowering the other. One would win by techniques and intelligence. Maybe Superman throws off Zod by doubling up his jab, maybe he just overwhelms him before Zod gets into it. Maybe he uses his powers smarter to win. Whatever the case, I find it hard to believe that Zod will be portrayed as a lesser than Superman.

And that's what you're left with, a pretty much exact Superman clone that fights a little different. Do we believe Thor with an axe poses an immediate danger to Superman? Do we believe Zod has never seen a ****ing axe before in his life? You could swing an axe at a toddler and the stupid thing would know to stay away. I think it's pretty apparent Thor could cause damage to Zod, to what degree is anyone's guess. Maybe if he headbutts it he can cleave his skull in two. But it's not like Zod can't hurt him with a punch. It's not like Zod can't knock it away.

Jarn is a great weapon when things are running headfirst into it. How great is it when someone with superspeed doesn't want to get hit with it? Yeah if Zod stood there telling Thor to hack his neck off, Thor would win everytime. And if Thor stood there telling Zod to punch his heart out Zod would do just as well as Thor, who ****ing cares what Thor can do to a statue though?

Zod wins each and every time. That's not even pretending Zod just starts going lightspeed. That's just assuming he doesn't want to be hit by a giant ****ing axe.

I miss this guy. Zod can't be Supermans equal because two Supermen did a fusion dance and he became twice as powerful when they merged.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:53 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Bump

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 07:13 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote