KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs Unworthy Thor

Magneto vs Unworthy Thor
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
Definitely?

Between the durability of Mags' shields and his own ability to control/redirect/absorb lightning, I don't see Thor definitely busting through his defenses. Not in time, anyways.

Thor's lightning =/= Storm's lightning or regular lightning though. I wasn't sure that to be explained.

Sure, some writers might treat it similar, but plenty of times it has been treated completely differently. Thor's lightning has had as much miscellaneous uses as Magneto entire power set. Everything from teleportation, to matter manipulation, to sealing a broken moon to affecting an out of phase Atum in the heart of Sun....

Saying he can manipulate and control lightning which translates to Thor's lightning's being not effective is dumb AF. Magneto vs. Zeus next? And yes, Zeus is the closest example I can think off with similar feats to Thor in the sheer power department of lightning.

Aside from the fact that Thor's lightning has some power showings which suggest he'd flat out kill Magneto, shield and all.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 18th, 2018 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 06:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Slagging it? That's dumb af. Are you good? Magneto is not in anyway slagging enchanted Black Uru forged in the same Celestial forge as Mjolnir:
(please log in to view the image)

Being able to thoroughly manipulate Wolverine's adamantium is not in anyway similar and that's a ridiculous argument.

There are levels to this shit. At best, you can argue, he'd do what he did last time, and repel it or something to that extent, but he's not the goddamn Molecule Man. He's not slagging any type of metal simply because it's metal. He isn't slagging Celestial armor, he isn't slagging the Destroyer, Uru, Adamantine or anything of the sort. Again, there are levels to this shit. Comics have made that abundantly clear for decades.

No, Magneto's shields withstood one blow before almost buckling soon after in one comic. A decade later, we have one panel of his shields withstanding a blow from She-Hulk and Thor (Hela's curse, so massively weakened).

That's so far gone from him being able to withstand Thor's blows repeatedly, I don't understand how you could make that connection. Would you like to compare what has buckled Magneto and what Thor has broken?

Thor's best power feats > Magneto's best shielding feats. If Thor gets on top and starts hammering away at Magneto, he is straight up f*cked.

Calm your ****. This is Unworthy Thor. That means no Mjolnir (so there goes like 80% of his best feats). It's just Thor, his metal axe, his metal arm, and his lightening attacks against one of the best EM spectrum manipulating beings in comics. Good luck with that.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:09 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Rachel's shields > Thor's Mjolnir strike. Magneto's magnetic fields > Rachel's telekinesis.

Magneto should be able to, quite easily, protect himself from Thor's attacks long enough to defeat him. Magneto doesn't even need to "slag" the arm nor the axe, just rip them off and maul Thor into submission with them.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:20 PM
Magnon is online now! Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Surprised it's still open.

Mags rapes Thor and reverses Rage's blood flow as a bonus.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I see it as much more likely that magneto can endure Thor's lightning enough at least to give him time to send Jarnbjorn at Thor.

Even if we say Thor can resist with his own strength, Magneto can take his arm against him too.

Its still a good fight but only because since it wasn't specified, its a featureless environment. And I'd still back magneto.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:43 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Damn surprised to see you back Mags here

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:58 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Didn't you hear?

Damborg has been in the Kryptonian Regeneration Matrix.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Yes I've commented before on Phil's Palpatine style corruption of damb. But I didn't know it progressed so fast.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:05 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Damn surprised to see you back Mags here

I think Thor can win, I just see it as more likely Magneto does given Thor's limitations.

This new Thor doesn't seem as strong as his classic self physically, even after his confidence boosting Unworthy Thor series he still has fits of depression, like in Secret Empire.

Plus it'll just be a struggle the whole time as he fights Magneto for control.

If he goes high end, he can blow Magneto away though.

Now put this Thor in there:

And it'll be different, classic Thor was still a force of nature without Mjolnir.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:09 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yes I've commented before on Phil's Palpatine style corruption of damb. But I didn't know it progressed so fast.

He's not corrupting me, he's just a mentor and a friend...

stick out tongue

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:15 PM
DarkSaint85

More like:

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol... Phil is so weird.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

a weakened mags has straight up handled ground zero nukes, and in the comic world nukes still carry some weight. if he just stood there and let thor rain lightning, thor could probably get through, but like i said, mags is an awesome pulti tasker. as he's shielding, he could rip apart thor's arm (not much if any enchantment on it, is there?) and if he could affect the hammer, he could def affect the axe which has far less enchantment. thor also has other metal on his costume that mags could take advantage of. i really see this as mags' to lose.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm sure there is enchantment on Thor arm unless someone can explain to me how he is moving it around as if it is a normal arm.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think they mean enchantments that make it more durable or like Mjolnir, where only Odinson can lift it

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 09:13 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by carver9
I'm sure there is enchantment on Thor arm unless someone can explain to me how he is moving it around as if it is a normal arm.

Thor is a latent telekinetic, you fool.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 09:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by leonidas
a weakened mags has straight up handled ground zero nukes, and in the comic world nukes still carry some weight. if he just stood there and let thor rain lightning, thor could probably get through, but like i said, mags is an awesome pulti tasker. as he's shielding, he could rip apart thor's arm (not much if any enchantment on it, is there?) and if he could affect the hammer, he could def affect the axe which has far less enchantment. thor also has other metal on his costume that mags could take advantage of. i really see this as mags' to lose.

You think mags is ripping apart Thor's arm?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:37 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote:

In the first feat, he sent an EMP. In the second, he merged with the magnetosphere. These are two different feats. Just because he did the first, doesn't mean he could do the second at the same powerlevel. And just because he used a machine for the second, doesn't mean he is less powerful than the first.

He was able to sense the entire EM spectrum and disrupted it throughout the world.

In the second he also disrupted the EM spectrum but it was with a machine.

The depowerment happened because when Xavier mind wiped Magneto, it damaged his genetic code as well.

That's why Magneto needed Sugar Man's tech to restore his genetic code in Magneto Dark Seduction.
quote:

You're using this to show he was depowered. You can't. Your comparison doesn't make sense. You
have to see this.

Well he was Depowered because of the genetic defects and had to use Fabian Cortez and Polaris to get back at full power and then repair his genetic code.

quote:

Joseph was copied from Magneto after X-Men #1-3 and Fatal Attractions [i.e. with all of Magneto's power-ups in place]. Again, abhi, you're confused about the chronology.
Since Joseph was all-out Magneto [i.e. body-burning], he was apparently more powerful than Magneto, who was not willing to go to that extent. It's literally Jeph Loeb's Supergirl compared to Superman.

I'm not sure you're getting what I'm saying. Magneto was less than at full power after Xavier damaged his genetic code.

So no Joseph wasn't Magneto with all his amps and what not.

quote:

All of the scans I showed you of him being more powerful than Silver Age OldNeto are far before he ever met Zaldane.

I know. Hence the retcon in X men 3.
quote:

The genetic alterations didn't work, once he started using his powers. Moira directly says it. We have Magneto, in actual person, saying that he is more powerful. We have him actually doing feats that he explicitly says he couldn't do, ever since way back one of his first appearances in X-Men #4.

He was only more powerful in X men 1 due to the absorption of Zaldane powers. Him being more powerful than before was retconned away.
quote:

Stop arguing it, seriously, it's crazy. You have direct statements and demonstrations from Magneto that he is more powerful than before.
Start reading from Uncanny X-Men #104, and move up. Go to his first confrontations with the X-Men after his rejuvination. Go to Uncanny X-Men #150 when he almost kills Kitty, and reforms. Go through New Mutants.
There's so much material to go through, man, that you'll 100% see how wrong your position here is.
I know at this point that you know it's wrong. What I don't understand is why you keep going, since it just discredits your position, when it can be stronger by using actual valid evidence.

I've read enough about Magneto. That's why I'm saying what I'm saying.

Modern Magneto isn't more powerful than the old Magneto. Call it whatever you want but that's what X men 3 says.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:42 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

why not? unenchanted uru has been shattered by a shot of nitrogen and a hand gun.

https://imgur.com/a/FBUKa

and thor has carved unenchanted uru with his fingers:

https://imgur.com/a/zsuy5

if his arm was enchanted somehow (still not sure if it is), maybe he couldn't rip it apart, but he'd still likely be able to have some level of control over it. if it's straight uru, i could easily see mags shredding it and even choking thor to death with it. /shrug

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:43 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas

When Magneto tanked the nukes, he was amped by a machine.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote