KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Mangog vs Current Superman

Current Mangog vs Current Superman
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Let's try an analogy...

Him being dropped in that location where time became tar, would be the equivalent of me dropping you in the water and telling you to run, you'd agree, no?

But you can still run in water, even if slower. Does that mean you have super speed? Of course not.

On the other hand, what abhi is trying to say, is that if it was specified that every second there is like an minute/hour etc. outside, then we'd know that Thor is 60/3600 etc. times faster than 'normal. This is not the case.

That's why he brought up the 'days' thing. If you're dropped into a region of space where 1 second for you is 5 days for the one outside, and you accelerate so fast that you're catching up to what is outside, it would mean you're 60 (seconds) * 60 (minutes) * 24 (hours) * 5 (days) faster than normal so that a second outside would be the equivalent of a second inside.

Then, to draw a comparison to that, he pointed out that the time outside Thor's bubble, even as he was standing still and hadn't began moving, wasn't passing ridiculously fast compared to him, so it means that the relative difference in time passage is insignificant.

Makes sense?

Its definitely different than how I'd interpreted it. And yes, it makes more sense now.

But here's I guess where the confusion lies for me.

The water analogy makes sense of course, just because its difficult to move doesn't mean your super fast, but what if you start moving normally?

The feat isn't clear, and its not an indication of super forum speed, but it does indeed look like Thor is held up at first, then powers through it. /shrug

Do you see it as a feat at all? In one manifestation or another?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 07:30 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Damborgson
Its definitely different than how I'd interpreted it. And yes, it makes more sense now.

But here's I guess where the confusion lies for me.

The water analogy makes sense of course, just because its difficult to move doesn't mean your super fast, but what if you start moving normally?

The feat isn't clear, and its not an indication of super forum speed, but it does indeed look like Thor is held up at first, then powers through it. /shrug

Do you see it as a feat at all? In one manifestation or another?
I'd put it in the willpower/endurance category, tbh, and I think that was how the scene was intended. It's really meaningless as any sort of speed feat.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 02:27 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
It indicates how much time dilation was there. Answer : not much.

It wasn't shown hence it wasn't there. End of the discussion.

Because that's just localized time manipulation and she just speeded time up. Hence why one character is surprised to see other one.

laughing out loud

Good luck with that.

Ok. We know there was time dilation. That is a fact as per narration. How severe, we don't know exactly. However, since the metaphor for time was more to the extreme side of things, it should be viewed as quite impressive and should not be easily discarded.
For example if the metaphor was "time became honey" or "time became molasses", then that would suggest a lesser extent of time dilation.
"Time became tar", connotes a more extreme view of things.

Just for comparison.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...r/#.WpQv9IJFw0M

Flow of time outside does not matter if he reacted with enough speed(which he did).
It also depends on whose perspective time is flowing.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Fe_Bl08Yt.../s1600/-012.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BYwGOAkZ_.../s1600/-013.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k6OgFfT5q.../s1600/-014.jpg

Originally posted by cdtm
So how much time was passing outside the bubble.

I posted scans of Bloodthirst putting Superman in a "time bubble" that claimex days and nights were passing in moments, from his perspective. Until he managed to speed up to normal time.

Posted the scans many times, and no one cared, so pardon me for insisting on some proof of how great this feat is. Before I get to be the one blowing feats off. stick out tongue

Depends on whose perspective.

Yeah I remember that. That’s the guy who looked like an s&m gimp. laughing out loud

I think days and nights passed outside the bubble after his first failed attempt to get the gimp. I guess his speed slowed down a bit? Supes was exhausted after he actually beat the bubble.
The humans outside saw them as nearly frozen in time from their perspective.

Supe's higher end speed feats suggest he could have easily beaten that time bubble in the first go around.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 04:35 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Ok. We know there was time dilation. That is a fact as per narration. How severe, we don't know exactly. However, since the metaphor for time was more to the extreme side of things, it should be viewed as quite impressive and should not be easily discarded.
For example if the metaphor was "time became honey" or "time became molasses", then that would suggest a lesser extent of time dilation.
"Time became tar", connotes a more extreme view of things.

Just for comparison.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...r/#.WpQv9IJFw0M

Flow of time outside does not matter if he reacted with enough speed(which he did).
It also depends on whose perspective time is flowing.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Fe_Bl08Yt.../s1600/-012.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BYwGOAkZ_.../s1600/-013.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k6OgFfT5q.../s1600/-014.jpg

Depends on whose perspective.

Yeah I remember that. That’s the guy who looked like an s&m gimp. laughing out loud

I think days and nights passed outside the bubble after his first failed attempt to get the gimp. I guess his speed slowed down a bit? Supes was exhausted after he actually beat the bubble.
The humans outside saw them as nearly frozen in time from their perspective.

Supe's higher end speed feats suggest he could have easily beaten that time bubble in the first go around.

You're simply making something out of nothing. There was time dilation for a minute degree as neither King Thor or Gorr noticed it.

If you have anything else to post on it, do so. Aaron definitely did not see it as a speed feat.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 05:38 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol.. There's no rule on when a feat should be considered just because the writer didn't put a magnifying glass and focus on certain things that happened in a scene.

If the board only accepted feats in such a narrow point of view, do u know how many feats cam be simply hand waived away? Heck Most of us if not all have retrieved feats from the most inconspicuous parts of a scene.

What we do know for sure is that Aaron had Thor overcome some really crazy shiet in that scene. It doesn't really matter if he didn't expand upon this particular portion of the whole.

It's there and it happened.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 06:14 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, yeah,whatever. You can start paddling this BS somewhere else. I've already said everything about it.

Thread derailed, mission accomplished, right?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 02:42 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, yeah,whatever. You can start paddling this BS somewhere else. I've already said everything about it.

Thread derailed, mission accomplished, right?

Okay there Mr. Subspace routes

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 09:53 PM
Horrificus

You know it... Mangog.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 03:02 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

superman throws mangog to the sun

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 09:51 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Insane Titan
No bfr

Who wins

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:06 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Didn't Mangog bite chunks out of an enchanted Uru hammer that survived the destruction of it's native dimension? People still under the impression that he's weak?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Stoic
Didn't Mangog bite chunks out of an enchanted Uru hammer that survived the destruction of it's native dimension? People still under the impression that he's weak?

He also died in the sun so yeah lol

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:15 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by xJLxKing
He also died in the sun so yeah lol

He didn't die. Superman was also one shot by Helspont. So we can pull lows out the ass all day if you'd like?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:19 PM
xJLxKing

He didn't die. Superman was also one shot by Helspont. So we can pull lows out the ass all day if you'd like?

How am I low balling?

There is a huge difference between low balling an entire history of a character and what I’ve done

You used a feat of mangog destroying Uru from another universe. You want people reading you post to apply the entire history of uru to that feat but you don’t want people using the same ******* arc of explain that the author did not have the intentions use to the previously established durability of uru for his arc

So please explain to me how I am low balling? Huh?

Perhaps you’re trying to dismiss one low feat (mangog dying in sun) in a arc by using 20+ years of high feat. Yet you use a low feat (being destroyed in a sun or chewed of by Mangog) of uru backed up by 20+ yrs of high feat to establish that Mangog is strong

Yeah, I’m lowballing here rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:26 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

helspont would one shot mangog too
so not really low

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 07:33 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman tears Mangog apart.

Easily, once he gets pissed enough.

Small godling, small world and all.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 10:02 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Mangog had one low showing versus most being pretty high JLX. If you can't see how you low balled then I don't know what to tell you, except that Superman has also had plenty of low showings, which was my point. We both know this. Let's not pretend that Mangog is weak and move on.

And MrMind, what are you basing your opinion on, because your statement at this point is awfully weak.

And now Panthergod is making claims that Superman is the Hulk, and that all he has to do is get angry enough.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 04:45 AM
xJLxKing

Mangog had one low showing versus most being pretty high JLX. If you can't see how you low balled then I don't know what to tell you, except that Superman has also had plenty of low showings, which was my point. We both know this. Let's not pretend that Mangog is weak and move on.

No, you're totally wrong on this one, sorry

You can''t say "mangog had a nice showing, he chewed off Uru" in the thor 705, but refuse to even admit that in the same arc, Uru was treated as garbage by the same writer. It doesnt work that way

You cant pick and choose what you want to accept so your argument.

Either
1. Mangog chewed off the Uru because the writer doesn't see it as being strong. It's why it got both chewed off and it able to get HEAVILY damaged by a star. That means that Mangog showing isn't that good
OR
2. Uru is very durable and the showing is extremely high by Mangog but at the same time

Again, this isn't the same thing as low balling. You're deliberately ignoring the entire arc and using other authors interpretation to build on a feat but disregarding other stuff.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 05:22 AM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

And MrMind, what are you basing your opinion on, because your statement at this point is awfully weak.

And now Panthergod is making claims that Superman is the Hulk, and that all he has to do is get angry enough.

No, I'm claiming that Superman is Superman. the fact that you know nothing relevant about this character and his power mechanics isn't my problem.

A sufficently motivated Superman tears Mangog apart easier than he did Mangog's superior Doomsday, while he was weakened on multiple levels.

Cry about that.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 05:53 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by xJLxKing
No, you're totally wrong on this one, sorry

You can''t say "mangog had a nice showing, he chewed off Uru" in the thor 705, but refuse to even admit that in the same arc, Uru was treated as garbage by the same writer. It doesnt work that way

You cant pick and choose what you want to accept so your argument.

Either
1. Mangog chewed off the Uru because the writer doesn't see it as being strong. It's why it got both chewed off and it able to get HEAVILY damaged by a star. That means that Mangog showing isn't that good
OR
2. Uru is very durable and the showing is extremely high by Mangog but at the same time

Again, this isn't the same thing as low balling. You're deliberately ignoring the entire arc and using other authors interpretation to build on a feat but disregarding other stuff.

Beth g engulfed by a star when you can't fly is a low showing? How? It actually makes perfect sense, but again Mangog isn't dead. Look at all of the feats that Mjolnir had under that same writer, and yes the hammer survived the destruction of its native dimension. That's enough to realize that it was extremely durable. You do realize that I'm talki g about Ultimate Mjolnir right? If Mangog can chew through a magical weapon that survived the destruction of its native dimension, then I it shows an enormous keel of strength.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 04:20 PM