KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment

The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
its a woman now, soon it will be a 19 year old pensioner with cerebral palsy

If you prefer men just say so.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He actually does tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:28 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Nibedicus
I’m all for sensical gun regulations. Raising legal age for gun ownership. Mental health and background checks. Why the over-reach on the anti-gun side these days? You know there is no way gun owners would come to the table if you approach from such an extreme position?

Why the 'over-reach' these days? Have you not been following the news?

I don't see it as an extreme position, its more that the US is currently in an extreme position and the sensible course would be to right the ship through serious regulation.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys

I don't see it as an extreme position, its more that the US is currently in an extreme position and the sensible course would be to right the ship through serious regulation.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11241/download

That's over 200 pages of regulations.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
If you prefer men just say so.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:31 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Why do you want to raise the legal age though? Consider the following scenario: a 19 yr. old woman has moved into her own apartment. It is in a dangerous neighborhood and she wants to purchase a handgun. Shouldn't she be able to do so?

My take on it?

I know it’s a generalization and might be a bit biased likely due to my age.

But I am firmly of the opinion that kids tend to be stupid and irresponsible and I believe owning a weapon gives you a responsibility not just for your own life, but for others as well. Kids have been too emotional/tempermental/irresponsible/kneejerky in my experience.

Of course, I’m sure I could be provably wrong given statistical studies.

I’m open to arguments, however.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:36 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean if 18 year olds can vote, be tried in a court of law as an adult, and be drafted or choose to enlist, then I think they should get all of the rights that go along with being an adult.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:38 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Nephthys

There will always be tragedies. And if one wants solutions to prevent such tragedies, one tries to enter with a reasonable proposal to minimize opposition.

Overreach just puts the opposition on the defensive and makes them double down.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:39 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean if 18 year olds can vote, be tried in a court of law as an adult, and be drafted or choose to enlist, then I think they should get all of the rights that go along with being an adult.

You usually can't blow someones head off with a vote.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You usually don’t blow someone’s head off with a gun.

If someone is expected to take on the full legal responsibility and accountability of an adult, don’t give me the crap that they don’t deserve the full rights of an adult.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My take on it?

I know it’s a generalization and might be a bit biased likely due to my age.

But I am firmly of the opinion that kids tend to be stupid and irresponsible and I believe owning a weapon gives you a responsibility not just for your own life, but for others as well. Kids have been too emotional/tempermental/irresponsible/kneejerky in my experience.

Of course, I’m sure I could be provably wrong given statistical studies.

I’m open to arguments, however.

I'm not sure 21 yr. olds are automatically more mature than an 18 yr. old. I think it varies by person. Why punish the responsible people? It could be argued that someone who, at the age of 19, has gotten their own apartment would have to be a responsible person in order to achieve that.

Beyond that, if tomorrow morning we were attacked by another country and went to war and we instituted a draft...there would definitely be people under the age of 21 being called up.

If tomorrow morning an 18 yr. old commits a serious crime they will be tried as an adult.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:45 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Well, I don’t disagree entirely. I just feel that we need to be considerate of the wellbeing on the community as a whole. Owning a gun in a huge responsibility, putting it in the hands of those who are mostly children. Tempermental, emotional, panicky children.

Personally, I feel that a certain level of personal “growth” is needed before someone is given the discretion to take a life.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I don’t disagree entirely. I just feel that we need to be considerate of the wellbeing on the community as a whole. Owning a gun in a huge responsibility, putting it in the hands of those who are mostly children. Tempermental, emotional, panicky children.

Personally, I feel that a certain level of personal “growth” is needed before someone is given the discretion to take a life.

Lets switch off from 18. The people who want to raise the age want to raise the age to 21. Why is someone who is 21 more mature than someone who is 20?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You usually don’t blow someone’s head off with a gun.

If someone is expected to take on the full legal responsibility and accountability of an adult, don’t give me the crap that they don’t deserve the full rights of an adult.

Nonsense. It pops off like a cork. I've seen video games, I know what I'm talking about.

Being responsible for your own actions is an admirable thing, but other people need to pay thr price for those actions and I don't think 18 year old are responsible enough to risk other people paying too heavily just to make it 'fair' or whatever.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:53 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean the vast majority of gun owners don’t blow someone’s head off.

Yes people who kill other people do pay the price for their actions. It’s why we have prison, the courts, and police.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:55 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The force of law can be brought down on people who kill people without punishing the vast majority of gun owners who have never murdered someone.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:55 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I'm not sure 21 yr. olds are automatically more mature than an 18 yr. old. I think it varies by person. Why punish the responsible people? It could be argued that someone who, at the age of 19, has gotten their own apartment would have to be a responsible person in order to achieve that.

Beyond that, if tomorrow morning we were attacked by another country and went to war and we instituted a draft...there would definitely be people under the age of 21 being called up.

If tomorrow morning an 18 yr. old commits a serious crime they will be tried as an adult.

I remember being 18. I wouldn’t trust me with a gun back then (fortunately, I hate guns so never owned one). There are responsible exceptions of course, but how do we segregate the responsible ones from the irresonsible ones or do we just lump them all together and hope nothing happens?

I think the difference between a soldier and a civilian owning guns is that one is trained and takes life at the direction of the country. A civilian is not necessarily trained and takes life at their own discretion.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

We separate the responsible ones from the irresponsible ones with the court of law.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I mean the vast majority of gun owners don’t blow someone’s head off.

Yes people who kill other people do pay the price for their actions. It’s why we have prison, the courts, and police.

That's nice. Too many do though.

I meant that when they kill someone taking responsiblity doesn't exactly help the victims much. Cuz they're ****ing dead. I don't think its right to risk lives to satisfy your sense of entitlement.

The force of law can be brought down on people who kill people without punishing the vast majority of gun owners who have never murdered someone.

Boo hoo. They'll live.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:01 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Lets switch off from 18. The people who want to raise the age want to raise the age to 21. Why is someone who is 21 more mature than someone who is 20?

Because, by its definition, we mature with age. Or at least most of us do. Logically, one would normally be more mature at 21 years than one was at 18 years old. At the very least 21 year olds won’t be in high school anymore. Which means that they at least won’t be likely be specifically targetting their high schools for target practice (unless they have some strange fixation on their high school life).

I know that there are many 18 year olds who are more mature than many 21 year olds, tho.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:08 PM