KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Callout to JBL: Superman's Dynamic Factor/Above Top Tier Power

Callout to JBL: Superman's Dynamic Factor/Above Top Tier Power
Started by: panthergod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by panthergod
I am shocked. SHOCKED. that you are honest enough to recognize this (yes, your precious Sentry is utterly derived from Superman in every important way, as is Plutonian).

anyway, this concept was established in PRE Crisis continuitty by Denny O'Neil. There, I ching(the entire New Superman storyline is derived from his run in the 1970s) teaches Superman that his power is stores in his chi aura.

I'll post the scans in sec.

in 2005, rick Veitch established via his Shamanic version of the Question that Superman radiates qi, and stores solar energy 'in the great battery of his soul":

https://imgur.com/a/cJfahLP

Byrne's electro-chemical/electromagnetic 'aura' concept is Superman's kirilian aura, his 'soul'.

Back in the 1970's, primary Superman writer Maggin established in his in continuity Novels LAst Son of Krypton and Miracle that Superman radiates life energy, plants become more healthy is his presence. He established that Superman can "see' souls which Mark Waid brought back Post Crisis in Birthright via his ability to see kirilian auras. He also established in the Kingdom Come Novelization(Kingdom Come=potential future of the Post Crisis DCU, until the 'Kingdom' sequel specifically prevented that future and it become a tributary of Hypertime; Kingdom Come Superman IS the divergent future Posr Crisis Byrne Superman.) that Superman's magick weakness is due to his own mind not understanding the nature of magick.

I told you that I am unbiased.

My viewpoint about the characters change accordingly to the informations I have access to.

I don't let anyone or anything influence me.

I hope that you will stop insulting me in every thread and try to debate civilly from now.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:57 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
Question's information on the Spire came from Lex's science department. He doesn't know what does or doesnt affect superman any more than the average person with access to the internet.

I.E Superman doesn't have Ki

One more post derailing my thread with spam and I will report you.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:00 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

One more post derailing my thread with spam and I will report you.

What?

How is what I said derailing?

I am addressing the QUESTION/ki situation that YOU here talked about in this THREAD:

I am shocked. SHOCKED. that you are honest enough to recognize this (yes, your precious Sentry is utterly derived from Superman in every important way, as is Plutonian).

anyway, this concept was established in PRE Crisis continuitty by Denny O'Neil. There, I ching(the entire New Superman storyline is derived from his run in the 1970s) teaches Superman that his power is stores in his chi aura.

I'll post the scans in sec.

in 2005, rick Veitch established via his Shamanic version of the Question that Superman radiates qi, and stores solar energy 'in the great battery of his soul":

https://imgur.com/a/cJfahLP

Byrne's electro-chemical/electromagnetic 'aura' concept is Superman's kirilian aura, his 'soul'.

Back in the 1970's, primary Superman writer Maggin established in his in continuity Novels LAst Son of Krypton and Miracle that Superman radiates life energy, plants become more healthy is his presence. He established that Superman can "see' souls which Mark Waid brought back Post Crisis in Birthright via his ability to see kirilian auras. He also established in the Kingdom Come Novelization(Kingdom Come=potential future of the Post Crisis DCU, until the 'Kingdom' sequel specifically prevented that future and it become a tributary of Hypertime; Kingdom Come Superman IS the divergent future Posr Crisis Byrne Superman.) that Superman's magick weakness is due to his own mind not understanding the nature of magick.

All you have to do is admit im right about superman not having ki, or address it. but don't, save you the embarassement again.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:07 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

However it's why Ki-users are actually the worst opponent for Superman.

The nature of their abilities literally undermine Superman's powers and quickly disable him.

That's not a well known weakness but it's a lot more effective against Superman than magic.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:08 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reported.

Get your illiterate bullsh*t out of my thread.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:09 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

What?

How is what I said derailing?

I am addressing the QUESTION/ki situation that YOU here talked about in this THREAD:

All you have to do is admit im right about superman not having ki, or address it. but don't, save you the embarassement again.

Actually Panthegod is right.

Superman does have Ki.

Ki is the life force and is literally in everything (even the rocks).

It's an old asian concept.

DC & Marvel & Mangas use it the same way.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:09 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, in mythology and martial arts chi has been viewed as a natural and even supernatural energy, even to the point of being magic. Such titles as chi magic or chi spells I've heard thrown around in various media's. If nothing else I'd say given the context it is a form of magic or such a powerful form of natural energy that luthor believes that it could kill superman. But on the flip side of that coin the statement about superman being a solar being is definitely metaphorical, because he himself is the product of kryptonian evolution, he's not a mystical or supernatural being linked to solar energy, he is basically like a plant or sunlight battery, it's a natural biological function for his species.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:12 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, in mythology and martial arts chi has been viewed as a natural and even supernatural energy, even to the point of being magic. Such titles as chi magic or chi spells I've heard thrown around in various media's. If nothing else I'd say given the context it is a form of magic or such a powerful form of natural energy that luthor believes that it could kill superman. But on the flip side of that coin the statement about superman being a solar being is definitely metaphorical, because he himself is the product of kryptonian evolution, he's not a mystical or supernatural being linked to solar energy, he is basically like a plant or sunlight battery, it's a natural biological function for his species.

In fact, The Chi is also called the Quantum Field in the DC Universe.

It is see as both side of the same coin for Science and Magic too thus he is the power-source of magic too. IIRC.

Yes and the kryptonian stores the solar power in the aura of their cells, just like Galactus stores the life force of the planets in his own life force, called the Power Cosmic.

Most concept in comics and mangas tend to be the same.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:17 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question is literally able to see chi energy and while looking at Superman via his 'qi-vision'; Superman is radiating chi energy like a star. He then says Superman stores sun energy within his soul(under this portrayal, his alien energetic nature is why Earth chi can disrupt his powerset).

But Superman doesn't have chi, which literally is life energy. laughing out loud We see that at times when drained of his power, he is drained of his life force which ages him, such as Byrne established and Morrison also showed with Superman One Million draining his Super-Sun energy to punch through the time barrier aging him.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:17 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question is literally able to see chi energy and while looking at Superman via his 'qi-vision'; Superman is radiating chi energy like a star. He then says Superman stores sun energy within his soul(under this portrayal, his alien energetic nature is why Earth chi can disrupt his powerset).

But Superman doesn't have chi, which literally is life energy. laughing out loud We see that at times when drained of his power, he is drained of his life force which ages him, such as Byrne established and Morrison also showed with Superman One Million draining his Super-Sun energy to punch through the time barrier aging him.

In Countdown Arena, we see an alternative version of Superman using his Chi in addition to his Solar Powers.

He does interesting stunts with it but get inevitably slaughtered by Monarch.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:22 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could you show the confirmation where question can see chi energy?

I thought it was just a random assumption question told to supes.

also i dont think ki would be well affective against superman lol

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:23 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could you show the confirmation where question can see chi energy?

I thought it was just a random assumption question told to supes.

also i dont think ki would be well affective against superman lol

The Question take drugs to acute his senses and see the Chi, IIRC.

However, in the same story, Superman cannot.

It's important to note that the Chi from Earth is a threat to all alien species, not just Superman (read it, that story is amazing - Rick Veitch is a master and the art is very top to read).

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:27 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah.

Could any of you post showings of Superman having Ki?

I haven't read Chinese Superman arc yet so wouldn't know how it'd be relevant to kryptonian mental power level set

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:29 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah.

Could any of you post showings of Superman having Ki?

I haven't read Chinese Superman arc yet so wouldn't know how it'd be relevant to kryptonian mental power level set

Well, even without having a scan of it.

You are asking if Superman has Life Force.

I think that the answer is in the question (no pun intended laughing ).

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:30 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman has always been metaphysical. He is a Mytholgical concept (Kal-EL=Michael the Archangel) in sci fi trappings. He's always had meta physical aspects to his powerset derived from mystical teachings-- his entire solar absorption/aura aspect of his powerset is based in Yoga(remember, Jerry Siegel also created the Spectre, and used Dr. Occult to prototype concepts he had already established for Superman, so he's familiar with these concepts). His gravity adaption aspect is based in John Carter, who was derived from Blavatsky's mystical teachings(9th ray etc). He had super-muscle control, shape-shifting his face to go into disguise, super-ventriloquism , E-M abilities, telepathic will-control, etc which were derived from indian fakirs/siddi/stage magician tricks, similar to Doc Savage (real name: CLARK Savage Jr.)and the Shadow(real name: KENT Allard) albeit on a higher scale.

He represents the peak of human evolutionary potential, which is the point of yogic/alchemical/kabbalistic sciences. in the 50's the Wesinger Era used blatant Alchemical symbolism throughout the classic Silver Age canon. Denny O'Neil specifically shows that his powers are in part derived from his qi/energy aura. Elliot Maggin specifically cited Kabbalistic mysticism as a rational for his powerset. In canon, He is literally descended from El who was empowered by Rao likw Moses/Samson.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:31 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman has always been metaphysical. He is a Mytholgical concept (Kal-EL=Michael the Archangel) in sci fi trappings. He's always had meta physical aspects to his powerset derived from mystical teachings-- his entire solar absorption/aura aspect of his powerset is based in Yoga(remember, Jerry Siegel also created the Spectre, and used Dr. Occult to prototype concepts he had already established for Superman, so he's familiar with these concepts). His gravity adaption aspect is based in John Carter, who was derived from Blavatsky's mystical teachings(9th ray etc). He had super-muscle control, shape-shifting his face to go into disguise, super-ventriloquism , E-M abilities, telepathic will-control, etc which were derived from indian fakirs/siddi/stage magician tricks, similar to Doc Savage (real name: CLARK Savage Jr.)and the Shadow(real name: KENT Allard) albeit on a higher scale.

He represents the peak of human evolutionary potential, which is the point of yogic/alchemical/kabbalistic sciences. in the 50's the Wesinger Era used blatant Alchemical symbolism throughout the classic Silver Age canon. Denny O'Neil specifically shows that his powers are in part derived from his qi/energy aura. Elliot Maggin specifically cited Kabbalistic mysticism as a rational for his powerset. In canon, He is literally descended from El who was empowered by Rao likw Moses/Samson.

I didn't know all the details of this. Thanks for the info. smile thumb up

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:33 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
In Countdown Arena, we see an alternative version of Superman using his Chi in addition to his Solar Powers.

He does interesting stunts with it but get inevitably slaughtered by Monarch.

Yup, further precedent that Superman hasn't even begun to discover the full extent of his power-set, as was later alluded in nu52 via H'el and Wraith.

Superman may be primarily a strongman, but from nearly the beginning he was never limited to physical powers alone. Sentry's existence, like Plutonians, is simily an extention of concepts Superman established decades ago.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:34 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, further precedent that Superman hasn't even begun to discover the full extent of his power-set, as was later alluded in nu52 via H'el and Wraith.

Superman may be primarily a strongman, but from nearly the beginning he was never limited to physical powers alone. Sentry's existence, like Plutonians, is simily an extention of concepts Superman established decades ago.

If you are talking about Psionic Powers, I definitely agree on that.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:39 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's great!

also, Superman not even caring or believing Chi harms him lol thinks its just another lex scheme. Question's info on the weaponizing of chi harming superman came from someone else, he didnt test chi's affects on superman, he just assumed

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Q_JpwrqmH...Se-ZB1pEo5ww=s0

Chi, qi and ki are all the same thing, its simply different spellings
How ever the concept within fictional realms of these energies have different properties

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:41 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Action Comics 427:

Superman needs to used his mind and his will power to access his powers:
https://imgur.com/a/E6AJwvM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 12:01 AM