KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Avengers: Infinity War spoilers

Avengers: Infinity War spoilers
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Well that should be obvious, unless you believe they will let entire franchises stay dead for good.

BTW have you read: A walk through hell?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 17th, 2018 12:52 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Peter's death is still hilarious.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 01:03 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

anyone elae think quill was acting ooc? and not just the gamora thing...

Old Post May 17th, 2018 01:06 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Quill made me angry. I know it's scipted but i'm stil angry at the character.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 06:22 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Quill is directly responsible for what happened to thr universe. That gauntlet was coming off.

Star Lord is a ****ing retard.

There, off my chest.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 17th, 2018 07:02 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I feel like you guys are giving Quill an unnecessary amount of hate. Doc Strange said that he looked into thousands of realities and saw only one actual victory. Obviously, Quill's reaction to finding out about Gamora would come up in a very large amount of those realities. Do you guys think Stephen would let Quill stay if he knew what was necessary to win? Obviously, he could have told Peter about Gamora, but he didn't because he needed Quill to overreact at that time; because it's all part of his plan.

Also, what would they have done once the gauntlet was off? Why does it seem like nobody has thought about that?

Old Post May 17th, 2018 07:12 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

TFW you realize Thanos with the gauntlet may get stalemated by Carol Danvers. ew.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 11:43 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Quill made me angry. I know it's scipted but i'm stil angry at the character.
And Quill wouldn't like you when you're angry.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 18th, 2018 12:49 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
anyone elae think quill was acting ooc? and not just the gamora thing...

I hate the term, but Quill in a lot of ways is a "man child". He's immature, takes very little seriously, and spends the first two movies reacting to things instinctively rather than in any way rationally.

It makes sense, to me at least, that grief would drive him over the edge, especially with how much he'd come to care for Gamora.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 18th, 2018 12:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Which again, may all be part of Stranges plan.

Even the actions of Quill. Remember, it was his plan originally. Maybe tweaked by the others.

Depends on how fixed futures are, but yeah I can't see Quills reactions being any different in the majority of the 14 million outcomes.

I might be attributing too much to the Time Stone. But until I see how it ends, we can't disregard anything.

Worse case scenario, it's all revealed to be a mind illusion from Mantis lol.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 06:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol and i thought the discussion over comic minutiae was hilarious at times... laughing out loud

i thoroughly enjoyed the movie and agree that quill was portrayed as an idiot, but you knew they were going to get close to getting the gauntlet off at some point, and that they would need SOMETHING to happen to prevent it. it was set up pretty well i thought and i thought it was somewhat believable. i thought it was funny that mantis could get thanos to zone out like he did. dude had several gems and still got his a$$ mindraped by mantis. lol

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by leonidas
i thought it was funny that mantis could get thanos to zone out like he did. dude had several gems and still got his a$$ mindraped by mantis. lol

Mantis was able to affect Ego, too...

She may lack the martial arts prowess her comic counterpart possesses, but her actual gimmick is crazy powerful.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 01:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

EDIT: What Stilt said

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 19th, 2018 06:24 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Finally watched IW. This was bothering me, too. Why did Strange think it was necessary to basically give Thanos back his gauntlet (as he seemed like everything was going as they should be, and he gave up the gem even tho he said he would let Tony and Peter die if it came to it) when they were practically right about to remove it?

I'm thinking that only Thanos could use the current gauntlet, had they removed it he would have killed all of them trying to take it back and delaying him too long would cause too much loss in the Wakandan battle, leaving no heroes left when he does snap his fingers. Strange probably thought that wiping out the universe would strain and damage the gauntlet enough so that they could perhaps get enough heroes together and beat him in the final battle, take the gauntlet and bring the gems to the neutron star forge so that they could make another gauntlet and reverse what Thanos has done. Iunno, that's my thought anyway.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 07:03 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Finally watched IW. This was bothering me, too. Why did Strange think it was necessary to basically give Thanos back his gauntlet (as he seemed like everything was going as they should be, and he gave up the gem even tho he said he would let Tony and Peter die if it came to it) when they were practically right about to remove it?

I'm thinking that only Thanos could use the current gauntlet, had they removed it he would have killed all of them trying to take it back and delaying him too long would cause too much loss in the Wakandan battle, leaving no heroes left when he does snap his fingers. Strange probably thought that wiping out the universe would strain and damage the gauntlet enough so that they could perhaps get enough heroes together and beat him in the final battle, take the gauntlet and bring the gems to the neutron star forge so that they could make another gauntlet and reverse what Thanos has done. Iunno, that's my thought anyway.

If the gauntlet is anything like its comic counterpart, then none of the combatants would be able to wield it properly.

Thanos may be the bad guy, but at least he has the brains and the willpower to use the gauntlet the way he intends to.

Anyone else could be driven crazy by it and do even more damage to the universe. Remember Nebula from comics?

----
So yeah, taking the IG away only sounds like a good plan. The thing is a little like the One Ring from LOTR, if you're not Sauron, it'll mess you up.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
If the gauntlet is anything like its comic counterpart, then none of the combatants would be able to wield it properly.

Thanos may be the bad guy, but at least he has the brains and the willpower to use the gauntlet the way he intends to.

Anyone else could be driven crazy by it and do even more damage to the universe. Remember Nebula from comics?

----
So yeah, taking the IG away only sounds like a good plan. The thing is a little like the One Ring from LOTR, if you're not Sauron, it'll mess you up.

Warlock has wielded it properly in the comics. And I'm thinking him and Captain Marvel will be in the next IW. So them being able to wield the gauntlet along with Thor might be a solid possibility.

Some powerhouses are gonna be there for the sequel. Stormbreaker Thor, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, potentially a vibranium+ Iron Man/War Machine, I'm feeling Hulk is gonna have a "reawakening" arc to address his impotence in IW w/c would make him even stronger, an emotionless Vision and maybe a new guardians lineup.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:50 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

They didn’t keep Gamora alive for no reason. I’m sure she will do her part in obtaining the IG.

Thor won’t be wielding it since he already has new weapon and giving him an entry one even temporarily would kill it

No humans can weild any stone, let alone all of the stones.

The list of users will drop to very few unless someone uses the stones in a self-sacrificing move.

Also, I don’t think they will pull the same trick like GOTG where the heroes all use the stones together.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 04:20 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Quill could use the gauntlet and then die

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 09:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Nah. Starlord is the GOAT

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 09:47 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah. Starlord is the GOAT

He never was?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 10:02 AM