KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What Jordan Peterson says

What Jordan Peterson says
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Because SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:06 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

i see

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:20 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Science would lead the way....if it could be bothered to give a shit.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:30 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
This part is still potentially troubling. What does that mean? How do you socially regulate that? What does it entail? Does that mean society making women feel ashamed or embarrassed for wanting to have multiple partners? Or looked down on? If so, should men also be looked down on if they want multiple sexual partners? He implies also that our society already has these regulations in place, so if that's the case, it's an argument against itself, as these losers, despite the social regulations promoting monogamy existing, are still violent, and still unable to get themselves laid.

Take away the focus on incel and use this same focus on communities with high incidents of single mothers that also has a proclivity towards violence and you get a better picture.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 12:17 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

This part is still potentially troubling. What does that mean? How do you socially regulate that? What does it entail? Does that mean society making women feel ashamed or embarrassed for wanting to have multiple partners? Or looked down on? If so, should men also be looked down on if they want multiple sexual partners? He implies also that our society already has these regulations in place, so if that's the case, it's an argument against itself, as these losers, despite the social regulations promoting monogamy existing, are still violent, and still unable to get themselves laid.

I didn't watch this at all, so commenting in a vacuum here, but:

Doesn't society already do that to women? The fact there's a movement against "**** shaming" infers that women generally get **** shamed. We don't need to have society do this, it's already done.

As for men, I think it's the opposite.. We shame them for not being sluts.

I guess "virgin shaming".

That's one of my pet peeves about the left.. They're absolutely right to bag on violent losers, but they have no problem mercilessly shaming these same losers... And then they wonder why they lash out.

Gee, maybe the relentless stigmatizing from you is contributing to it? Maybe?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

shut up incel

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:52 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
shut up incel

**** incels. Oh, wait.. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 02:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
why u no post evidence?

...why didn't I post evidence to what DMB said??

Old Post May 21st, 2018 03:49 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm 2 for 2 at dismantling these Peterson hit-pieces.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 21st, 2018 03:54 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Emperordmb

why u no post evidence?

Old Post May 21st, 2018 03:56 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Funny that now that I have posted evidence, ie. Peterson himself saying what he meant, he's gone silent.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:02 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

This part is still potentially troubling.

I disagree because I actually agree with that, I've stated before on this forum that I don't think casual sex is a good thing and that I think it should be within the confines of a committed relationship.

What does that mean? How do you socially regulate that? What does it entail? Does that mean society making women feel ashamed or embarrassed for wanting to have multiple partners? Or looked down on?

There is a fine line you can walk where you socially and culturally value monogamy, and express disapprove of casual sex while at the same time not treating the people who do it as degenerates.

If so, should men also be looked down on if they want multiple sexual partners?

I mean yes, Peterson has said before that men should regulate their own sexual behavior as well and even posted a study saying that men who hold themselves to that standard are statistically at reduced risk for being violent.

He implies also that our society already has these regulations in place, so if that's the case, it's an argument against itself, as these losers, despite the social regulations promoting monogamy existing, are still violent, and still unable to get themselves laid.

Well he's stated before that these regulations have been seriously weakened in recent years as a consequence of the sexual liberation movement with something leaning towards a societal and cultural embrace of casual sex in the west.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:18 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree because I actually agree with that, I've stated before on this forum that I don't think casual sex is a good thing and that I think it should be within the confines of a committed relationship.

There is a fine line you can walk where you socially and culturally value monogamy, and express disapprove of casual sex while at the same time not treating the people who do it as degenerates.

I mean yes, Peterson has said before that men should regulate their own sexual behavior as well and even posted a study saying that men who hold themselves to that standard are statistically at reduced risk for being violent.

Well he's stated before that these regulations have been seriously weakened in recent years as a consequence of the sexual liberation movement with something leaning towards a societal and cultural embrace of casual sex in the west.

How do you determine if men self regulate, or if they're forced by circumstances beyond their control?

Is the difference between studs and monogamist' proof of man choosing behavior informing their nature, or proof that people's behavior is informed by their nature?

The elephant in the room on these sorts of issues, is whether man even gets to choose how they behave.. Whether free will really exists.

As far as I know, nobody gets to choose how they feel. But everybody acts on how they feel.. And that's the rub. Are you really making a choice, if you're reacting to an impulse that you didn't choose?

If not, then what is the purpose of these studies? To help people act right, or to identify people with a predisposition to act "wrongly", and.. then what? Regulate? Acceptance? Or what?

Last edited by cdtm on May 21st, 2018 at 04:46 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't get the fear Peterson seems to arouse in people on the left.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't get the fear Peterson seems to arouse in people on the left.

I do, he's pulling people away from their shitty narrative. That's why they have to slander him at every chance they get.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Only watched one bit on Peterson and he really shit the bed there. His recent Bill Maher appearance, he opens up with [paraphrase] saying that people need to not be afraid to be offensive in speaking; that being offensive is important as subjects and points that need to be heard are often offensive to others in their very nature. Okay, cool. I can overall agree with that. Then a bit later he claims people need to be kinder to Trump supports and watch what they say, as to not hurt their feelings and alienate them. Which is it, Jordan? Be offensive and not care about other's feelings or restrain yourself and worry about other's feelings.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the video I posted of that he specifically goes on to explain what he meant. And note they also never answer his question:

Go to around 3:30, someone makes the exact same point you made and he responds to it and explains what he meant.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Robtard
Only watched one bit on Peterson and he really shit the bed there. His recent Bill Maher appearance, he opens up with [paraphrase] saying that people need to not be afraid to be offensive in speaking; that being offensive is important as subjects and points that need to be heard are often offensive to others in their very nature. Okay, cool. I can overall agree with that. Then a bit later he claims people need to be kinder to Trump supports and watch what they say, as to not hurt their feelings and alienate them. Which is it, Jordan? Be offensive and not care about other's feelings or restrain yourself and worry about other's feelings.

I watched the discussion and I do get his point.

I think the primary logic there is that we should prioritize the discussion of important ideas first despite the fact that it may be offensive. Essentially importance of topic > feelings.

But I think on the later part of the interview he was discussing that if the left is interested in everyone coming together, then they need to stop alienating Trump supporters by constantly attacking them/Trump. Because that is not how you convince people that they you are right or they are wrong.

That's how I understand it anyway.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:43 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

I saw the same bit.

We took completely the opposite perspectives. I took the first part as "stop taking offense to everything." And the second part, "Stop alienating anyone who supported or voted for Trump with close-minded rage shout-downs because you're going to continue to drive more people away and empower Trumpers."

My overall takeaway: here's how you get "not-Trump" into office in 2020.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw the same bit.

We took completely the opposite perspectives. I took the first part as "stop taking offense to everything." And the second part, "Stop alienating anyone who supported or voted for Trump with close-minded rage shout-downs because you're going to continue to drive more people away and empower Trumpers."

My overall takeaway: here's how you get "not-Trump" into office in 2020.

Bingo. Ever notice that once you really break down what he says, most criticisms of Peterson fall flat? Not to say he is perfect, but this is a trend. A funny trend.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 06:47 PM