KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers or Infinity War?

Which is the better film?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Avengers 11 45.83%
Infinity War 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Avengers or Infinity War?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
To bad they can't do that for the characters in the comics.

And lets not point out some of the SHIT Marvel has put out in the past. Aka Captain America 1990 for example.
I'd be the first to agree with you that past marvel films were shit. Your point?

I'm comparing the MCU to DC at the moment and it's like comparing Bill Gates to a guy that works at McDonalds. It's no comparison. The DCEU is on a downward trend and can't even release a 1 billion dollar Justice League film....OUCH. IW on the other hand is almost a lock to hit 2 billion at this point.....As I said, No comparison.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:31 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I guess you could say it is "At the Moment". Things will eventually change. It always does. Eventually Marvel WILL put out a Shit Movie.
It Will Happen. But by then I am sure you and your CJB will have plenty of excuses.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No one is saying it won’t but we are saying we love the films and the current state of the MCU. You don’t like it now we love it. You are a negative person who can’t seem to enjoy anything. You’re that chick who is spurned and can’t wnjoy life because she’s been shit on and is always waiting for the next turd to slide down her throat.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That is just it. I DID Like the Movie. I just haven't started trying to beg it let me have its Love Child like You have. I just think it was a Fun and Forgettable Pop Corn Movie. Not something to base my reason for existing on like a delusional fan boy like you.

SO Sad yet Still Fun to watch.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

That is just it. I DID Like the Movie. I just haven't started trying to beg it let me have its Love Child like You have. I just think it was a Fun and Forgettable Pop Corn Movie. Not something to base my reason for existing on like a delusional fan boy like you.

SO Sad yet Still Fun to watch.
Well you don’t love it because you’re nota big fan. I am. I grew up with Thanos you didn’t. Best movie of all time to me but you care little. Your preferences are pitiful tbh. Lobo for ****s sake. The guy is an intergalactic loser.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You are right. I an not a Big Fan of these characters. The movies are still Fun for the most part but still leave me with a big Meh at the end of it. I have seen all of these stories play out in the comics so seeing it "Live Action" don't really Wow me. And I keep forgetting how YOUNG you are. And Thanos only ever really had 1 good story , and it isn't what they based Inf War On. Which was a really crappy comic story. Inf War is more closely related to Inf Crusade. Which was the Most Crappy of that Trilogy.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:04 AM
Flyattractor

Lol!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 07:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You are right. I an not a Big Fan of these characters. The movies are still Fun for the most part but still leave me with a big Meh at the end of it. I have seen all of these stories play out in the comics so seeing it "Live Action" don't really Wow me. And I keep forgetting how YOUNG you are. And Thanos only ever really had 1 good story , and it isn't what they based Inf War On. Which was a really crappy comic story. Inf War is more closely related to Inf Crusade. Which was the Most Crappy of that Trilogy.
Your opinion doesn’t matter. You don’t either which is what makes this so damn enjoyable. Thanos and this film is an event never witnessed before in the history of cinema. Ground breaking and so satisfying for hardcore fans not posers like yourself who in the end just want to watch more toons.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 11:17 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Okay. If you don't like the films then put that once and **** off. No need to keep coming in here and picking fights you can't win.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 01:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fly seems to be somewhat of a masochist.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Loki dies like a b*tch.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Surtur
Saw it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Loki dies like a b*tch.
I dunno...I mean, at least he died trying to do something. Sure it was not a glorious death but he at least tried to save his brother...maybe also trying to make his brother proud of him. It was pretty emotional.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's bi polar though, he literally was willing to betray and kill Thor in Ragnarok lol. And the movie clearly picks up not long after Ragnarok.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Surtur
He's bi polar though, he literally was willing to betray and kill Thor in Ragnarok lol. And the movie clearly picks up not long after Ragnarok.
Yah but I think we're meant to believe that he finally turned the page after what Thor said about him "never changing" and he could be "so much better" and all that. They hinted at it when Thor threw something at Loki at the end of Ragnarok wondering if it was really him and he said it was. Basically, when push came to shove, Loki did the right thing. I got respect for him for that.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:15 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Its a really good movie. Best ever? Hardly. Average Acting, Average predictable plot. Really good action and a culmination of 10 years of movies made it an event.

Top 5 Comic movie for sure.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 04:45 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Average predictable plot.
Um, no. No one knew what was going to happen in IW. No one. Everyone had different guesses on who might die, if Thanos would even get all the stones..etc etc.

IW was so stock full of spoilers it made reviewing the film on youtube difficult for many review sites.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 04:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Its a really good movie. Best ever? Hardly. Average Acting, Average predictable plot. Really good action and a culmination of 10 years of movies made it an event.

Top 5 Comic movie for sure.
Iyo not mine. No film had higher expectations which were exceeded. Best film of all time.

Thanos stole the show and was the central character in a film littered with heroes and even new villains. Brilliantly executed.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Jun 5th, 2018 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:02 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Um, no. No one knew what was going to happen in IW. No one. Everyone had different guesses on who might die, if Thanos would even get all the stones..etc etc.

IW was so stock full of spoilers it made reviewing the film on youtube difficult for many review sites.

Ugh No. Anyone who read the comics knew Thanos was going to Snap his fingers. The fact it was split in two movies. You knew the villain would win the first movie. .Saw that coming from a mile away. Were there some surprises along the way? Yea. But the overall plot of Thanos getting the stones and the heroes losing was no surprise to me. Also not to mention the whole scene were Strange went into the future was not smart in my opinion. Now we know this whole thing is part of the plan for the heroes to win. Plus they killed off all the characters who have sequels so you know they arent dead. They needed to kill off one of top guys (Stark, Cap or Thor). They will probably do that in the next movie.

It was a great movie but not in consideration for GOAT status in my opinion.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:06 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Ugh No. Anyone who read the comics knew Thanos was going to Snap his fingers. The fact it was split in two movies. You knew the villain would win the first movie. .Saw that coming from a mile away. Were there some surprises along the way? Yea. But the overall plot of Thanos getting the stones and the heroes losing was no surprise to me. Also not to mention the whole scene were Strange went into the future was not smart in my opinion. Now we know this whole thing is part of the plan for the heroes to win. Plus they killed off all the characters who have sequels so you know they arent dead. They needed to kill off one of top guys (Stark, Cap or Thor). They will probably do that in the next movie.

It was a great movie but not in consideration for GOAT status in my opinion.
Again, WRONG. You do realize that only a small, small portion of the 2 billion dollars IW is going to make will be made up by hardcore comic fans, RIGHT? You DO KNOW THIS? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Point is, there are millions of people that are putting up facebook posts and tweets and sharing their feelings over the heartbreak IW caused them. To a vast majority of the movie going audience, IW was SHOCKING. Sure, I read the comics but this isn't a direct correlation to the comics anyway champ. And the MCU has NEVER been a direct translation...just look at Civil War. Just because I read Civil War didn't mean I KNEW what was going to happen in the movie version. You're just hopelessly and blatantly wrong. If you guessed every single thing and every single death that happened then good for you; you're a wizard. Most people had only guesses.

Also, IW is in consideration for Greatest comic movie ever. It's certainly the greatest event comic movie of all time easily.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:34 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Infinity Wars, easy. Has a much better marriage of comedy and action, has a much more diverse and interesting cast, display's more of the MCU's expanded universe, and tears down every rule set by every superhero movie before it. I mean come on, we see Thor tanking a Neutron star, Thanos curb-stomping Hulk, characters meeting their ends left and right in ways that are totally believable and still utterly GUT-wrenching.

Honestly, Infinity Wars was hands down the BEST movie put out by the MCU thus far, and quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time, in my humble opinion.

Agreed here.

Avengers is still great, that movie delivered on so much hype when I sat down opening May Friday in 2012. The best cinematic example of the whole being more than the sum of its parts. However it has some glaring plot and character structure issues, namely the slow first act where Loki escapes SHIELD on the back of a Toyota Tundra, Hawkeye being mind-controlled till the third act, Cap failing to shoot someone with a M4 and Iron Man having to flying spear the final goon on the helicarrier, and what is in essence an Independence Day climax only with superheroes instead of jets. The character interactions and big moments make up for all that and more however, IMO.

Age of Ultron is a better movie through its first and second acts when compared to Avengers 1, but the third act is an over-the-top mess besides the interactions between Vision and Ultron and Iron man and Ultron: Ultron bots getting ripped apart and looking like PS3 videogame effects as it happens, the QS dramatic effect death, Ultron getting baited by Thor and then trounced by Vision, IM, Thor, and Hulk, Ultron's Sokovia meteor plan...just too much comes out of nowhere besides the Vision scenes. It was a disappointment, but the first 2/3 of the movie is blockbuster escapist action at its finest that builds off the first Avengers and all that preceded in Phase 2. Oh, and I thought the film got too busy explaining coming individual movies (Thor: Ragnarok, Civil War, and Black Panther) and even Infinity War to be its own movie. The great thing about Avengers 1: the MCU all led into that movie. All of Phase 1 was deposit, deposit, deposit, deposit, and then BAM, nothing but withdrawals from the bank with Avengers 1.

Infinity War is for sure the best though, and perhaps my favorite comic book film of all-time. Thanos as the villain protagonist, the incredible action set pieces, the balance of humor with drama when all these MCU characters meet and clash with each other, the Red Skull cameo, the "holy crap they actually killed half the universe" Empire Strikes Back downer ending...just wow. I can't legitimately complain about any problems with the movie (specifically plot holes, which are always common in blockbusters) because there is just so much incredible stuff happening I don't really care. IW delivered completely on being the show-stopping zenith of superhero entertainment in the best franchise in film history for me.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:36 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote