KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ndroidApp_Other

For Bash...

The Guardian that never gives 5 stars is giving 5 stars

great news thumb up
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ That's good.

With this...

Did he expect a light-hearted comedy? I mean, GoT was always uniquely dispiriting, too.

great sig thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 01:07 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

David Ehrlich is known to be a contrarian.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 01:08 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Expecting this to be an amazing cinematic experience. Will probably see it with my girlfriends brother and dad

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 01:33 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

First review I saw from Vanity Fair calls it a mixed bag.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...mothee-chalamet

Just because Warner Bros. got away with splitting Stephen King's IT into two films without informing people ahead of time - revealing it was only Part 1 in the end credits - doesn't mean it will work every time (fans were cranky and more critical by the time part 2 was released.) Why is it only the LOTR and the Hobbit series that had the guts to advertise their films as just ones in a series?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 02:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I agree that they shouldn't hide that fact.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 03:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I'm expecting being part 1, the length and complaining about a white savior to major criticisms.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 03:41 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

We've know it was part 1 since the beginning. lmao

They've not been hiding anything.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 06:42 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
We've know it was part 1 since the beginning. lmao

They've not been hiding anything.

Serious fans may know, but it's not in the advertising. With Stephen King's IT, I only found out they were doing just half of the book through word of mouth.

The larger audience of moviegoers will go in and be surprised that this film is mostly a setup for the sequel, and that could negatively affect the box office.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 07:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's their own fault being to lazy to research the film for five minutes before seeing it.

And if anything, it would help the BO as those fools would be less likely to see it if they knew it was only Part 1.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 07:55 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Double post glitch!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 09:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by playa1258
I'm expecting being part 1, the length and complaining about a white savior to major criticisms.
You realise it's based on an Islamic prophecy very loosely?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 09:43 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I do. Still won't stop the complaining.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 11:27 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna see perhaps IF people I trust like it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 03:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
gonna see perhaps IF people I trust like it

Dude. You MUST be strokin'.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 12:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A little more peak into the production design and even some of the drama...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 06:58 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Hopefully we can see Josh Brolin charging into battle holding a pug.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 10:10 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Dude. You MUST be strokin'.

HUH

Unlike you n others this film is not high on my list to see..

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 10:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yes. Not enough tights and capes for your taste.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 11:45 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sadly it seems like that's what it takes for big box office numbers these days. People in silly costumes doing ridiculous things.

That or silly F&F films. They definitely do ridiculous things, just don't have the silly costumes most of the time.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 02:32 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

who exactly???

Sadly it seems like that's what it takes for big box office numbers these days. People in silly costumes doing ridiculous things.

That or silly F&F films. They definitely do ridiculous things, just don't have the silly costumes most of the time.

why you crying

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 03:19 AM