KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman is 100% in strength

If Superman is 100% in strength
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dareangel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Faceless808
Carver, I really hope you are only playing dumb. I really do. You don't need to know martial arts to do something like that. It's called leverage. It's catching someone off guard. it's using your opponents weight and momentum against himself. I see it demonstrated in comics all the time. Remember when Ironman flipped Namor at Puget Sound when he was about to rip off his face plate? Guess what?

faceless, what you are saying is completely true. you dont have to be a martial artist that goes to some shitty dojo, in order to throw someone. i saw people with just street fighting knowledge doing those things, most of those trows are just natural movement that people can execute while in a middle of a fight, like punching or kicking.

now to carver, if you believe black adam is not skilled enough to make a random throw, then you are just playing dumb. making a throw is overcoming the bodyweight of your opponent if you catch him off guard. if the person is resisting and you still manage to throw him, again, its not a matter of you stronger than him, its physics and angles. its how you place your own body and how you position your opponent to lift him off the ground.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:33 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by carver9
@Phil...

So Colossus can grab Superman wrist and toss him against his will?
You don't need superior strength to grab somebody by the wrist and move them. That's the relevant part. I don't give a shit about who can, or cannot do this, since that's not the actual point, so stop asking stupid questions.

You're wrong. And blind.

I honestly dont know how much evidence you need tbh. Adam words are an indication of him holding back and his action... hell, the way he was fighting as well.
You initial point, where you proved you can't see, is that Superman and Black Adam had a "Grapple strength to strength ". Adam just grabbed both his wrists and threw him away, which is not a strength comparison.

I then showed you an actual strength contest, in which both Adam and Superman grabbed each other, and Superman overpowered his arm and punched him in the face:
https://imgur.com/DigJc4e

Then we have Superman explicitly saying that he will end it fast, after not succeeding in getting him off town and, once Black Adam notices he wants to end him, he turns around, taking a risk [explicitly] counting on Superman being a nice guy:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+8.png
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+9.png

Your position of Black Adam being stronger is wrong.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:49 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adam clear as day had no intention of fighting superman

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 03:44 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think what adam said was just pure intimidation..maybe he thought supes would back off. At the end he played on supes high moral standard(that as we all know was a risk).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 05:55 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Originally posted by Dareangel
faceless, what you are saying is completely true. you dont have to be a martial artist that goes to some shitty dojo, in order to throw someone. i saw people with just street fighting knowledge doing those things, most of those trows are just natural movement that people can execute while in a middle of a fight, like punching or kicking.

thank you! Exactly what I'm saying. I've seen little guys flip bigger guys. Someone who can toss their opponent doesn't mean they are the stronger.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Last edited by Faceless808 on Jun 16th, 2018 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:24 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

How about this then...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+3.png

Grapple strength to strength and Adam slings him off of him.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...perman-1557517/

Superman admits that Adam has made it impossible for Super to move him out of the center of the city.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+5.png

Adam was trying to talk him down the entire fight.

@Stilt...

I agree with you.

Neither scan gives evidence that BA is stronger.
In the first scan BA is in a position of advantage. He has wrist control. If you were ever a wrestler then you know wrist control is very important.

And you are also dismissing the OWAW canon.

Lol at Superman holding back during that scene. Why would he even mention not being able to move Adam from the center of the city if he wasnt trying?

Adam have better showings tbh.

Lol... so an angry Superman being unable to do anything to a passive Adam proves that Superman is stronger?

What better showings? BA doesn’t hold back, Superman does. When Superman stops holding back then you get OWAW, which trumps any showing made by BA.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Jun 17th, 2018 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 02:02 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: If Superman is 100% in strength

Superman - 100 - full strength=all out mode, standard levels are about 50, reference.
Bizzaro - 60
Zod - 50
Lobo - 40
Orion - 45
Superboy - 30
Black Adam - 45

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 04:43 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote