KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Papa John's Pizza: Founder John Schnatter resigns over using the N-Word

Papa John's Pizza: Founder John Schnatter resigns over using the N-Word
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
From what I gather, he didn’t call anyone racist. He says Colonel Sanders used to called people the N word. And we’re he was raised, there were a lot of racist.

At the end of the day, if that’s all he talk about, as a black man, **** everyone that got triggered!

If that’s actually the context, you useless ***** just ruined a man’s reputation because you are all a bunch of useless shits without a life to live and call your own.

I agree with everything you've stated. However, not everyone is as reasonable as your are. In fact, almost no one in the media or public eye is as reasonable as you are. It's all about headlines and getting hits and a rich old white man using the n-word, regardless of context, is juicy. It's gets people going. They can bring out their self-righteous pitchforks and unite and condemning him to look better among their peers. "See how good we are? We condemned him for saying the thing! Pat me on the back, quiiick!"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
The best argument I could get on board with is for people to suggest he should have known better. But if the reasons given in this topic are true...he sure as hell doesn't seem racist. I'd label him, at worst, insensitive. People should know by now how snowflakes are gonna react.

You've got it. This is my exact opinion on it. He's stupid for using the word at all regardless of the context. He should have avoided it. Insensitive.

Originally posted by Surtur
Though if he was black and said "in my neighborhood some white people were called crackers" why do I get the feeling there would be no whining?

I also agree, here. Only some right-wingers and right-win blogs would be whining about that. Frankly, it doesn't offend me at all. I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
People like Robtard are the reason society are so weak, isn’t he the guy who punches a heavy bag with trumps face?

No, that's Putinbot/Whirly. And that's more of a joke than serious.

Originally posted by staxamillion
never heard of all American... not really a fan of pizza hut. for some reason the crust tastes sweet to me especially the stuffed crust sick

dominoes is better especially they revamped like 6 years ago.

personally my family stopped eating papa johns when he started talking about how NFL protests are hurting his profits. he may not be racist but it kinda came off as he really did not care. and that is totally ok to have an opinion either way or to not have one at all. papa john did not have to respond period. its these kind of remarks that's just bad for business. period. should have been smarter or maybe he just can't help it?

papa john's relied too much on NFL product placement and ads when they should have revamped like dominoes and pizza hut with better online and different crust options and what not. this and the fact that NFL sponsorship is (if im not mistaken) the main reason they had those profits to lose in the first place, papa john should keep out of public until he learns how to speak for his business' bottom line.

that being said I would still prefer the taste of papa johns over pizza huts. smokin'

Let's be real, here. Talking about pizza, pizza qualities, on pizza chains we like more is a much better topic than John saying the n-word. I could talk about delicious pizza all day.

All American Pizza is a local OKC chain. Damn good. Not a national brand like I thought. Just local. But they have multiple locations.

They have great calzone. And their prep time is very fast which is what amazes me. I think they have premade pizzas that they bake. They make them, freeze them, and use their ovens to make them fast. Always 10-15 minutes no matter how busy. If you make it custom, then I think they have a custom template pizza.

They also have the best BBQ Chicken pizza I've ever had. To put it the way my ex described it, "BBQ Chicken pizza is a gross idea. But this is surprisingly good." Cannot give it a better description. Most BBQ pizza is not good...kind of gross.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:28 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by One Big Mob
You people are out of your minds.
thumb up

Why pay for Dominoes when you could just cut a piece of cardboard off of a box in the attic? Same thing really.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

This is what people are talking about? Complaining that he is receiving backlash by saying "Sanders said nigg3r and no one cared, why do people care about me doing x!?" It's pure whataboutism. Then he notes an anecdote utterly divorced from context apparently, just bringing up how blacks were dragged behind trucks and killed in his own neighborhood.

He's a phucking idiot. Whether or not he's racist is hard to say, but his words were hilariously inappropriate, and would have been a decade ago, phuck right now.

And SquallX, no one else ruined his reputation. He ruined his own reputation by being a socially awkward idiot. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Should be a quote on the top line, but KMC won't let me edit it because Raz takes rhino cock up the ass while watching Rick and Morty.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:28 AM
darthgoober

Personally, I'm more offended by the phrase "The N-Word" than I am the word ******. "The N word" is just a way to water down a hateful thought and make it more palatable. But "The N Word" conveys the same thought as the actual word, it just forces people to translate the meaning inside their head to absolve one of the responsibility for saying it out loud, which is stupid and patronizing. Kinda reminds me of when I was younger and yelled out "God damn it" in school. This preppy b*tch freaked out and said that I should say "gosh dang it" because taking the Lord's name in vain was a big deal and I responded "God's smart enough to know what I really mean and he'd prob be more pissed about me thinking he was dumb enough to trick him".

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 05:10 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by darthgoober
Personally, I'm more offended by the phrase "The N-Word" than I am the word ******. "The N word" is just a way to water down a hateful thought and make it more palatable. But "The N Word" conveys the same thought as the actual word, it just forces people to translate the meaning inside their head to absolve one of the responsibility for saying it out loud, which is stupid and patronizing. Kinda reminds me of when I was younger and yelled out "God damn it" in school. This preppy b*tch freaked out and said that I should say "gosh dang it" because taking the Lord's name in vain was a big deal and I responded "God's smart enough to know what I really mean and he'd prob be more pissed about me thinking he was dumb enough to trick him".

I have ODD and sometimes it gets pretty severe but I control it as an adult very well. As a kid, it was more difficult to control. In 2nd grade, there was this girl that always snitched on everyone all the time for everything and I thought she was the most vile cretin in existence. One day, it was my turn to get into trouble. I told my friend that he was a stupidhead (we are joking quietly with each other during reading time and have a blast). Little Miss Cretin heard me as she was sitting not too far away. So she instantly started yelling at the teacher exclaiming that I said bad words. The teacher immediately started getting onto to me. I was furious that she snitched on me. How dare she. I didn't harm her at all. Just joking with my buddy.

I did what any rational 8 year old would do who had ODD: I jumped up and faced Little Miss Cretin and yelled "shit" as loud as I could in her face. I swear, I heard my teacher stifle laughter before yelling at me to go to timeout (it was a large toy castle that was big enough for 4 small children to sit inside...timeout didn't seem like much of a punishment as much as it did camping in the middle of class). I was in timeout until lunch which seemed like hours but it was probably 45 minutes. No one clapped. The whole bus didn't cheer. We were kids. I probably scared the p-word out of them.

I told you that whole story just to use "p-word" to make you mad. Suck it.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 18th, 2018 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 05:32 AM
Silent Master

People giving a word that much power, when will they grow up?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 05:39 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by dadudemon
I have ODD and sometimes it gets pretty severe but I control it as an adult very well. As a kid, it was more difficult to control. In 2nd grade, there was this girl that always snitched on everyone all the time for everything and I thought she was the most vile cretin in existence. One day, it was my turn to get into trouble. I told my friend that he was a stupidhead (we are joking quietly with each other during reading time and have a blast). Little Miss Cretin heard me as she was sitting not too far away. So she instantly started yelling at the teacher exclaiming that I said bad words. The teacher immediately started getting onto to me. I was furious that she snitched on me. How dare she. I didn't harm her at all. Just joking with my buddy.

I did what any rational 8 year old would do who had ODD: I jumped up and faced Little Miss Cretin and yelled "shit" as loud as I could in her face. I swear, I heard my teacher stifle laughter before yelling at me to go to timeout (it was a large toy castle that was big enough for 4 small children to sit inside...timeout didn't seem like much of a punishment as much as it did camping in the middle of class). I was in timeout until lunch which seemed like hours but it was probably 45 minutes. No one clapped. The whole bus didn't cheer. We were kids. I probably scared the p-word out of them.

Dick lol

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 05:51 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I agree with everything you've stated. However, not everyone is as reasonable as your are. In fact, almost no one in the media or public eye is as reasonable as you are. It's all about headlines and getting hits and a rich old white man using the n-word, regardless of context, is juicy. It's gets people going. They can bring out their self-righteous pitchforks and unite and condemning him to look better among their peers. "See how good we are? We condemned him for saying the thing! Pat me on the back, quiiick!"

And that’s the problem society is now fighting over. We allow ourselves to get mad over useless craps when a white person says it, yet turns a blind eye and even rain down praise when it comes out of a black person’s mouth.

People forgot, words no matter how bad and hurtful they may be, or just words. You can always move on. It’s like if you call me the N word, I’ll be like **** off asswipe. And vice versa if I call you the C word. As a society, we have lost sight of that, and we allow politicians, news media, and the rich and powerful to control us.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 06:00 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Would have been even more funny if she ended up being your wife.

Imagine seating down one day with her and say hey hunny, remember when you snitch on in school.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 06:05 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

John is super rich so I'm guessing he is just saying f*ck it at this point. Why'd they wait on this info for months? Sounds like they indeed wanted to extort this place.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 11:31 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never tried Papa Johns and googling, I see there's one not too far from me in San Franciso, might have to drive down and try it one day, see if you can taste the racism in the crust.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 07:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
Never tried Papa Johns and googling, I see there's one not too far from me in San Franciso, might have to drive down and try it one day, see if you can taste the racism in the crust.

Why eat Papa John's when you can have Escape From New York?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:12 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I've had Escape From New York pizza, been years, but do believe I enjoyed it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
I've had Escape From New York pizza, been years, but do believe I enjoyed it.

It is the best New York-style pizza in San Francisco.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:53 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Neapolitan is my favorite, there's this place a few minutes from my house with a brick wood-fired oven that does this style very well. New York-style is a very close second.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:57 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

lmao at all these scrubs arguing over "the best major pizza chain". The nicest serial killer is still a serial killer. The deepest boy band is still a boy band. The most insightful pureflix film is still a pureflix film.

Pizzeria's are a thing. Try them.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:53 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
lmao at all these scrubs arguing over "the best major pizza chain". The nicest serial killer is still a serial killer. The deepest boy band is still a boy band. The most insightful pureflix film is still a pureflix film.

Pizzeria's are a thing. Try them.

Actual serial killers should be called that no matter how nice they are. Same with a boy band that is "deep". If these labels apply they should be used.

The difference I see with Papa John's is...John Schnatter doesn't actually seem to be a racist. And yet he seems to have been ousted from his own company anyways. I don't give a shit if the pizza tastes like cardboard, he still isn't racist and still shouldn't have suffered any sort of penalty.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 01:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote