KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Batwoman

Batwoman
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I’m not getting their logic in green lighting this but saying nothing about a Deathstroke show when that picked up steam by fans like 2 years ago with Manu Bennett

That show would almost certainly get tons of viewers and critical acclaim

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 04:55 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

At least there is this for him I guess.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 07:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least there is this for him I guess.

And this.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 09:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Reviews seem quite mixed here tbh. Nothing like the under 10% RT is displaying.

Plus 7/10 critics like it apparently.

Hey to be fair it went from 10% to 12%. lol.

quote:
But yeah its kind of a given it will be full on with the female power one liners.

That in it self is sad and shows a lack of imagination on the parts of the writers. It's like adding a gay character and basing their entire identity around that, as opposed to "gay" being one of many traits(not even the top trait) the character has.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 10:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
Hey to be fair it went from 10% to 12%. lol.

That in it self is sad and shows a lack of imagination on the parts of the writers. It's like adding a gay character and basing their entire identity around that, as opposed to "gay" being one of many traits(not even the top trait) the character has.

Up to 12%? People are converting!

Youtuber Robert Storms made a hilarious point on it.

He was saying can you imagine in Black Panther if they reminded you he was black every few minutes laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 11:09 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I wonder Oracle will make an appearance.
There was an ep. of Arrow a few years back where Felicity was trying to think of a codename and she wanted to use Oracle, but was told it was already taken.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 11:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just hope they don't do a huge Batman returns feature.

And it turns out Batman is a gender fluid foot stool.

The dark stool returns.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 02:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Up to 12%? People are converting!

Youtuber Robert Storms made a hilarious point on it.

He was saying can you imagine in Black Panther if they reminded you he was black every few minutes laughing out loud

Lol they need to look at the Wonder Woman film. You can have an empowered female character without having to make it cringey.

And I'm hearing about this new Arrow show "Arrow and The Canaries". Hmm.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
And I'm hearing about this new Arrow show "Arrow and The Canaries". Hmm.

I’m not interested in that show at all, not because of any girl power stuff, but because the flash forwards the last couple seasons of ARROW have been incredibly boring.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 05:36 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
I’m not interested in that show at all, not because of any girl power stuff, but because the flash forwards the last couple seasons of ARROW have been incredibly boring.

They initially confused me enough where I just stopped paying attention.

Flash forwards with a new cast of characters to learn is a horrible idea.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 06:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^a new cast of very bland characters to boot.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 07:23 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I wonder Oracle will make an appearance.
There was an ep. of Arrow a few years back where Felicity was trying to think of a codename and she wanted to use Oracle, but was told it was already taken.

possible but i doubt it...

Originally posted by cdtm
I just hope they don't do a huge Batman returns feature.

And it turns out Batman is a gender fluid foot stool.

The dark stool returns.

lmmfao, bruce will never appear in this lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The CW Seed animated series for Deathstroke actually looks promising, at least.

^^^a new cast of very bland characters to boot.

You have failed this city!

Yeah, William as a character was a mistake from start to finish, while the others were just kinda there...

"Arrow and The Canaries", that's really gonna be a thing? Since Amell's Oliver is gonna retire soon (in a manner of speaking), why would Arrow even be in the title, apart from brand recognition? This just seems like a desperate continuation. Hard pass.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 09:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Yeah, William as a character was a mistake from start to finish, while the others were just kinda there...

Agreed.
I felt bad for him about his mom, but then he started whining, and I felt not so bad. Him bringing in his grandparents like a little punk sealed the deal for me wanting him gone.

"Arrow and The Canaries", that's really gonna be a thing? Since Amell's Oliver is gonna retire soon (in a manner of speaking), why would Arrow even be in the title, apart from brand recognition? This just seems like a desperate continuation. Hard pass.

Really desperate.
There are so many other ways they could have gone w. this, if they wanted Star City as the backdrop, or just starred a whole new character in the wake of the Crisis to fill the needed hour.
Flash has got a ton of interesting characters that could move to say, Keystone (like Kid Flash did offscreen, where he fought frikkin’ Starro).
I mean Flash is the senior show now; stepping away from the bow and arrow stuff would have let Arrow go out on its feet. This is a weak looking follow up.

quote:

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
possible but i doubt it...

They’re missing out.
Another strong female character, AND she’s handi-capable. Score!

Last edited by riv6672 on Oct 23rd, 2019 at 03:56 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 03:54 AM
riv6672

Latest ep. was fairly solid, w. action, a little sex (that blonde Kate slept w. was hot), a bit heavy on the angst (family drama), and a dash of humor (the Batarang mishap cracked me up).
One complaint is, Magpie looked way too much like Beth.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 01:00 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed.
I felt bad for him about his mom, but then he started whining, and I felt not so bad. Him bringing in his grandparents like a little punk sealed the deal for me wanting him gone.

Really desperate.
There are so many other ways they could have gone w. this, if they wanted Star City as the backdrop, or just starred a whole new character in the wake of the Crisis to fill the needed hour.
Flash has got a ton of interesting characters that could move to say, Keystone (like Kid Flash did offscreen, where he fought frikkin’ Starro).
I mean Flash is the senior show now; stepping away from the bow and arrow stuff would have let Arrow go out on its feet. This is a weak looking follow up.

They’re missing out.
Another strong female character, AND she’s handi-capable. Score!

Is Cat Grant back?

Or did you mean another character? I would've called Kara strong three years ago, but now she's kind of becoming neurotic.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 01:05 AM
riv6672

No, Cat’s not back...sad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 01:27 AM
riv6672

The last couple of eps here have been...okay. I mean, all the family drama just serves to drag down the show imho.
I want action.
That said, the latest ep’s villain, his first kill was really fun. A surprisingly effective use of ancient weapon and high voltage!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 02:03 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Does anyone know what the status of Alfred is on this show? I don't know if he's been mentioned yet.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 01:49 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I can’t remember either. I’ll do a deep dive on the Not-so-Dark Web.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 02:58 AM