KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Because the Frost Giants were on the ice planet, that's not proof that it only works on Ice planets.

That's not prove it can work on Earth either.

Also, human tissue is weaker than Ice and yet we don't see Jane Foster melting when teleported to Asgard.

I don't know what to make of that scene tbh. It could very well be PIS. Whatever the case, i think the bifrost shouldn't be seen as a miniature Death Star.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:53 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
That's not prove it can work on Earth either.

Also, human tissue is weaker than Ice and yet we don't see Jane Foster melting when teleported to Asgard.

I don't know what to make of that scene tbh. It could very well be PIS. Whatever the case, i think the bifrost shouldn't be seen as a miniature Death Star.

The bifrost was stated in the movie to be able to destroy a planet if left on, if you want to claim it only works on Ice planets. Have fun proving it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:17 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The bifrost was stated in the movie to be able to destroy a planet if left on, if you want to claim it only works on Ice planets. Have fun proving it.

A hint: Not all planets are the same.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:21 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

A hint, the movie didn't say it only worked on certain planets.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:34 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

A hint: Not all planets are the same.

Oh come on Josh! If Earths bigger it might take more time, but the result would be the same.

The better counter argument is what NemeBro pointed out- that we dont know if Mjolnir can direct the BiFrost the way bi-frost gun on Asgard could do.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by relentless1
They are basically the same strength durability etc right now. Superman is a lot faster but Thor has more AOE damage output so id probably say Thor for efficiency in killing the Earth squisihes

Superman is significantly stronger and more durable. Thor is very resistant against heat and radiation, but not so much piercing and blunt forces.

It would be harder to hit Superman with weapons because of his speed and mobility and senses. Thor will be bombarded with projectiles moving far faster than what he can perceive. Jet fighters can easily avoid his attacks and light him up. Missiles would be launched and travel towards Thor at incredible speeds.
Thor would be toast in a matter of moments.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:31 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Superman is significantly stronger and more durable. Thor is very resistant against heat and radiation, but not so much piercing and blunt forces.

It would be harder to hit Superman with weapons because of his speed and mobility and senses. Thor will be bombarded with projectiles moving far faster than what he can perceive. Jet fighters can easily avoid his attacks and light him up. Missiles would be launched and travel towards Thor at incredible speeds.
Thor would be toast in a matter of moments.

You really love showing off your ignorance, don't you?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:37 AM
h1a8

You really love showing off your ignorance, don't you?
What things am I ignorant to?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:41 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

For one, you claim that fighter jets would be able to easily dodge Thor's attacks, so go ahead and provide proof that jets can dodge lightning.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:46 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

A hint, the movie didn't say it only worked on certain planets.

A hint: The movie didnt say it worked on all planets

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:58 PM
Darth Thor

The butthurt over IW Thors power level is hilarious.

You didnt see the other side b**** and whine and lowball (except Quan), after Superman got his power up in JL.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Earth is just as f***** either way. IMO they would probably destroy things at much the same pace. Thor has much better AOE, but Superman is MUCH faster, so I think those two things would probably even out the rate at which they could destroy things. Nobody could stop either of them and k-nite wouldn't matter to a blood lusted Supes. He'd just kill you whoever had it at range or superspeed. Not to mention k-nite is rare as hell, so the odds of anyone having it aside from Lex or Bruce is nill. As for other things mentioned Supes has the strength, speed, agility and range (against a single target) advantages. Thor has AOE and overall destructive potential in a single hit advantages due to Stormbreaker. Durability I would say is debatable. Thor has his sun feat, but Superman has IMO looked to be much harder to actually injure in a fight in his movies. I know that the underlining issue here is who people think would win an actual fight between the characters and I believe that would be Superman due to his massive speed advantage that would make Thor look like a statue and make him defenseless. Just look at what happened to Thor in Thor 3 when hulk hit him when he was defenseless. Supes's combination of stats is just too much. However, take away Superman's speed and then Thor wins. Stormbreaker is just too strong if he can actually land some hits.

Anyway, in this situation, at the end of the day, I'd have to say Thor's teleportation and AOE would let him wreck earth faster overall, but not by much due to Supes's superspeed. The earth is still screwed either way though. Both would be unstoppable.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 04:08 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

A hint: The movie didnt say it worked on all planets

Hint: It didn't say that it only worked on Ice planets.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 05:32 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hint: It didn't say that it only worked on Ice planets.

Well unless there is evidence that it can work on earth then it doesn't. Granting feats based on speculation doesn't work here.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:45 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh come on Josh! If Earths bigger it might take more time, but the result would be the same.

The better counter argument is what NemeBro pointed out- that we dont know if Mjolnir can direct the BiFrost the way bi-frost gun on Asgard could do.

Earth is a rocky planet way more durable than Ice. If it's true that some buildings would be destroyed, the impact it would have on earth wouldn't be as exaggerated as the one it had on Jotunheim.

It's pretty much common sense.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:49 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by emporerpants
Earth is just as f***** either way. IMO they would probably destroy things at much the same pace. Thor has much better AOE, but Superman is MUCH faster, so I think those two things would probably even out the rate at which they could destroy things. Nobody could stop either of them and k-nite wouldn't matter to a blood lusted Supes. He'd just kill you whoever had it at range or superspeed. Not to mention k-nite is rare as hell, so the odds of anyone having it aside from Lex or Bruce is nill. As for other things mentioned Supes has the strength, speed, agility and range (against a single target) advantages. Thor has AOE and overall destructive potential in a single hit advantages due to Stormbreaker. Durability I would say is debatable. Thor has his sun feat, but Superman has IMO looked to be much harder to actually injure in a fight in his movies. I know that the underlining issue here is who people think would win an actual fight between the characters and I believe that would be Superman due to his massive speed advantage that would make Thor look like a statue and make him defenseless. Just look at what happened to Thor in Thor 3 when hulk hit him when he was defenseless. Supes's combination of stats is just too much. However, take away Superman's speed and then Thor wins. Stormbreaker is just too strong if he can actually land some hits.

Anyway, in this situation, at the end of the day, I'd have to say Thor's teleportation and AOE would let him wreck earth faster overall, but not by much due to Supes's superspeed. The earth is still screwed either way though. Both would be unstoppable.

Thor can be stopped by modern weaponry. For example, aircraft bullets would penetrate him and powerful missiles will phuck him up. Remember, Thor’s reactions are not much better than a human’s.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:00 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ I'd like to see humans block laser blasts with a hammer.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:01 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Well unless there is evidence that it can work on earth then it doesn't. Granting feats based on speculation doesn't work here.

The bifrost was explicitly stated to be able to destroy a planet and we later see it start to destroy a planet. If you want to claim that it only worked because jotunheim was an ice planet. Have fun proving it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:04 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Thor can be stopped by modern weaponry. For example, aircraft bullets would penetrate him and powerful missiles will phuck him up. Remember, Thor’s reactions are not much better than a human’s.

Prove it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:05 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The bifrost was explicitly stated to be able to destroy a planet and we later see it start to destroy a planet. If you want to claim that it only worked because jotunheim was an ice planet. Have fun proving it.

I am not saying it wouldn't have distructive capabilities on Earth. What I meant was that the damage output wouldn't be as massive as the one we saw on Jotunheim.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:10 PM