KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Solicit for Darth Vader #6:

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
-DARTH VADER failed to turn his son, Luke Skywalker, to the dark side of the Force.
-No... Luke was too weak to join his father in overthrowing EMPEROR PALPATINE.
-Vader sought revenge against those who hid Luke from him for all of these years...and in doing so nearly betrayed his master.
-It did not go unnoticed by Palpatine... time for Vader's next lesson.

I'm wondering if Palpatine will throttle Vader for his disobedience, or just use it as a 'teachable moment'..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 30th, 2020 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 01:40 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Awesome cover thumb up

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 02:22 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

That's one thing I really enjoy about the current Vader series is that the art is really fantastic.

Also curious to see how Sidious handles Vader's treachery.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This isn't Vader's first offense, so I'd *think* it's time for Palpatine to definitively put him in in his place... Though Palpatine could just as easily send Vader on some sort of 'death mission' into the Unknown Regions to test his mettle(perhaps Exegol, which could be how the next arc ties-into the ST?) /shrug

Should be interesting either way.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

The last issue was fantastic. I really liked that twist.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Curious to see how Vader handles this situation next issue:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 09:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 03:43 PM
Darthadi

Yeah, another good issue. This run was great so far.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah, if we exclude the movies, some of the canon content is good tbh. Or at the very least not worse than some legend series. I think some fans are a bit too dramatic about the new canon

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

There has actually been a bunch of canon stories that are really good IMO. Alot of people just refuse to admit it, because they're all about legends.

Dont get me wrong- legends had some amazing stories, but there was a lot of trash sprinkled in there too.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Agreed. But TBF, People are just upset about the sequels. And they're the majority of SW fandom.
After all, Movies still more attractive and get more attention than comics and other stuff

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 12:08 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

If the ST films wouldn't have been complete shit, I imagine the blanket hatred that some have towards Disney canon wouldn't be nearly as prevalent.

Because like you guys said: the films aside, there really is quite a bit of great/good canon material out there.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 12:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Issue #7 cover/solicit:
(please log in to view the image)
quote:
PAIN LEADS TO ANGER AND ANGER LEADS TO AN ELEMENT FROM EPISODE IV!

-As DARTH VADER battered and broken by the EMPEROR as punishment for his rebellion, drags himself across the blasted surface of MUSTAFAR with vengeance on his mind!
-But can he survive the onslaught of a certain mysterious SITH ASSASSIN
-And how will his world change when he learns his enemy's GREATEST SECRET?!!

Few things...

a.) That cover is fantastic.
b.) The theory is that "Episode IV" mentioned in the solicit is a typo, and they really meant "Episode IX"(which makes sense, given Pak's previous statements that this series will connect to the ST.)
c.) Apparently Palpatine will stomp the christ out of Vader, and leave him in exile on Mustafar.
d.) On the ST note, I imagine the "Sith Assassin" mentioned will be Ochi... And it seems like the "greatest secret" might be that Palpatine has clones/offspring running around?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 02:38 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Pretty bad if Ochi can press Vader at all. But that's what it sounds like will happen

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Vader will be in a very bad shape probably so Ochi pressing him wouldn't be that bad.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 03:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, per the solicit Vader will be "battered and broken", so Ochi pressing him wouldn't be a low showing for Vader at all.

Actually might end up being a good showing, depending on how weakened he is, and what he does during the attack.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 03:34 PM
Zenwolf

I don’t see why it would make a difference. Vader has The Force, all he’d have to do is make a gesture and Ochi goes flying or is crushed. It’s not like we haven’t seen Vader in broken states before and still whoop some tail.

Only way I guess I see this working is if Vader is about to die, like legit.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 22nd, 2020 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Ochi might be force sensitive. We also lack any context for this fight so i think it's better to wait for the comic.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 04:01 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

No please Ochi is such a lame character. I hoped it was some dark side user sad it would be more interesting. As others have mentioned, Vader would just need to snap Ochi’s neck

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't know for sure it's Ochi. Just guessing based on the info Pak gave a few weeks ago.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 03:46 PM