KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The United States vs The World

The United States vs The World
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Much as I like DDM I doubt he has a clue who the Beast is and yes he is still alive and the strongest man who ever lived... DDM doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to watch boxing or strong man events...

Bait finally taken:

Why did you type all those words but skipped over the fact that you're wrong. thumb up eheheheee

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 06:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Agreed, on everything. Fury fights Wilder in October awesome fight, I'm looking forward to Joshua in a few hours. Yes, Eddie will no longer compete Internationally, he got worried I think about the injuries he was wracking up. He Is a very smart guy for his age.
Forgot about Fury vs Wilder. I'm not sold on Wilder tbh. People say he hits harder than Tyson and all that, uh...
I'm not sold on any of the current heavyweights for that matter. They're incredibly talented yes, but each seems to have a flaw going for them, and they don't really seem to be brilliant in any aspect. Wilder is his namesake. Fury is boring and lacks power. Joshua is probably the most well rounded but you expect him to get dropped off every shot.
Meh, not a good time for heavies.

Makes sense. Eddie is literally always hurt. He already made history, no point in continuing to ruin his health.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 07:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Forgot about Fury vs Wilder. I'm not sold on Wilder tbh. People say he hits harder than Tyson and all that, uh...
I'm not sold on any of the current heavyweights for that matter. They're incredibly talented yes, but each seems to have a flaw going for them, and they don't really seem to be brilliant in any aspect. Wilder is his namesake. Fury is boring and lacks power. Joshua is probably the most well rounded but you expect him to get dropped off every shot.
Meh, not a good time for heavies.

Makes sense. Eddie is literally always hurt. He already made history, no point in continuing to ruin his health.
I'm not sold on them either, both Fury and Joshua are interesting background stories. Joshua is a grandson of a Yoruba tribal leader in Nigeria and is kept away from Nigeria because he is almost the political one ring for that tribe. And Fury is king of the Gypsies, my maternal grandfather actually knew his family.

Yeah, Eddie has made the right choice, he pushed himself almost to comic book strength levels. Amazing fact a day of doing nothing in bed means almost 6000 calories for Eddie. Competition time 13,000 calories.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 07:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Mike Tyson was crazy disciplined though when it came to training. Guy probably trained harder than anyone else.

Have to be honest, don't know too much about his training regime but it has always seemed to me that he suffered from what a small number of sportspeople suffer from, which is that he was too naturally fit and healthy as a young man, his metabolism was so good he didn't have to work as hard as others his age which subsequently meant that by the time that natural fitness wore off he hadn't developed the discipline he needed to keep going at the level he had established. An English footballer named Robbie Fowler suffered from the same thing IMO.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 09:09 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Have to be honest, don't know too much about his training regime but it has always seemed to me that he suffered from what a small number of sportspeople suffer from, which is that he was too naturally fit and healthy as a young man, his metabolism was so good he didn't have to work as hard as others his age which subsequently meant that by the time that natural fitness wore off he hadn't developed the discipline he needed to keep going at the level he had established. An English footballer named Robbie Fowler suffered from the same thing IMO.
Robbie and Fury also suffered from too much of the Demon coke, do you remember Robbies celebration when he tried to sniff the touchline? Arguably the greatest moment in Sports History.

@DDM, you obviously missed the fact the Beast is the strongest man ever in the World, no one else has ever lifted 500Kg in History. He retired from International Competition the champ, until someone beats his stats he is the strongest man ever in the world and Fury will probably beat Wilder on October the 1st. He is the last lineal heavyweight Champ btw although he was stripped of the titles when he went doolally.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 09:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Mike Tyson used to wake up at 4am to run because he figured other boxers weren't waking up that early.

Here's a good short article on it
http://www.mightyfighter.com/inside...aining-routine/

This also doesn't cover his weightlifting either.

Tyson trained extremely hard. There's a great chance he was roiding as well. Most importantly though, he went to shit because Cus died and Rooney got fired. It's doubtful he ever trained that hard after Cus died. They pushed him, and he pushed himself. Cus was like a dad to Mike and once that was gone it's likely his training went to shit. That would have been when he relied more on his natural talents than training.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:13 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Robbie and Fury also suffered from too much of the Demon coke, do you remember Robbies celebration when he tried to sniff the touchline? Arguably the greatest moment in Sports History.

Don't think anyone will ever forget that, lol. Made all the sweeter because in was in the derby as well.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:24 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mike Tyson used to wake up at 4am to run because he figured other boxers weren't waking up that early.

Here's a good short article on it
http://www.mightyfighter.com/inside...aining-routine/

This also doesn't cover his weightlifting either.

Tyson trained extremely hard. There's a great chance he was roiding as well. Most importantly though, he went to shit because Cus died and Rooney got fired. It's doubtful he ever trained that hard after Cus died. They pushed him, and he pushed himself. Cus was like a dad to Mike and once that was gone it's likely his training went to shit. That would have been when he relied more on his natural talents than training.
All true, but he went to shit with one of Cus's trainers daughters allegedly before that, have you ever heard the story how Lewis was sent away as his sparring partner, I can't remember which fight because he worked him? I loved Tyson and even sent him a letter wishing him well in Prison, as time has gone on and more stuff about the Cus and Rooney years has come out, I've lost some sympathy for him. He was always on the edge of committing crime imo, although fair play he seems to have turned himself right around.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:29 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Cus died in 85, and Rooney got fired in I believe 89.

Interesting about the daughter though.

There are conflicting reports. One said that Tyson beat the shit out of him, Lewis says that they both gave out an equal amount. Haven't heard about Lewis beating the shit out of him. I think it's more of in-between of Lewis and Tyson beating the shit out of him tbh. I just don't think Lewis at that time would be ready for an animalistic sparring session with Tyson looking to kill sparring partners.

Oh yeah, Tyson seemed like a massive piece of shit. Even just his sparring is shitty. You don't dummy partners like that. Street fights, and the like as well. Had Cus not taken him in, I'm sure he would have killed a few people.
But his sparring was a good reason of why he was so good. Being a psycho probably helped too. He denies it now, but he really wanted to hurt people when he went in the ring.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:55 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't think anyone will ever forget that, lol. Made all the sweeter because in was in the derby as well.
Sadly though, I think it was the beginning of the end for him. The shit he took over that, he never came back from.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:58 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Sadly though, I think it was the beginning of the end for him. The shit he took over that, he never came back from.

He was already on the wane at that point for about a year or two I reckon but anyone who can score more goals for Liverpool than Kenny Dalglish can't be too bad.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 11:05 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cus died in 85, and Rooney got fired in I believe 89.

Interesting about the daughter though.

There are conflicting reports. One said that Tyson beat the shit out of him, Lewis says that they both gave out an equal amount. Haven't heard about Lewis beating the shit out of him. I think it's more of in-between of Lewis and Tyson beating the shit out of him tbh. I just don't think Lewis at that time would be ready for an animalistic sparring session with Tyson looking to kill sparring partners.

Oh yeah, Tyson seemed like a massive piece of shit. Even just his sparring is shitty. You don't dummy partners like that. Street fights, and the like as well. Had Cus not taken him in, I'm sure he would have killed a few people.
But his sparring was a good reason of why he was so good. Being a psycho probably helped too. He denies it now, but he really wanted to hurt people when he went in the ring.
The report I first read was in Lewis's biography (so bias abounds), the first session Tyson worked him. Then Lewis towards the end of it started hiding behind his jab and firing off. Tyson hit Lewis full on and staggered him but didn't knock him down. The session was stopped, the next day they sparred again and the body shots mainly a right hook to the body Tyson had been setting off firing the jab the day before were negated by Lewis who got his jab off first. Remember Lewis had perhaps the jab of all time, Tyson became frustrated and started losing his shit, and again it was stopped. Lewis was sent back to the UK.

Tyson threw every punch with bad intentions and yeah, his first biography had him beating up men at 13 for money. I believe it too; he was a freak... I love it when I speak to someone who loves boxing as much as me Bran.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 11:06 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice to see Joshua winning, with Wilder ducking Joshua to fight Fury, the division becomes interesting.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 11:11 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The report I first read was in Lewis's biography (so bias abounds), the first session Tyson worked him. Then Lewis towards the end of it started hiding behind his jab and firing off. Tyson hit Lewis full on and staggered him but didn't knock him down. The session was stopped, the next day they sparred again and the body shots mainly a right hook to the body Tyson had been setting off firing the jab the day before were negated by Lewis who got his jab off first. Remember Lewis had perhaps the jab of all time, Tyson became frustrated and started losing his shit, and again it was stopped. Lewis was sent back to the UK.

Tyson threw every punch with bad intentions and yeah, his first biography had him beating up men at 13 for money. I believe it too; he was a freak... I love it when I speak to someone who loves boxing as much as me Bran.
That sounds plausible I guess. I don't like how I've never thought about buying boxing biographies though. I've been sticking to music ones and you just opened a whole new realm for me.

I always liked boxing but until the last two years have I been hugely into it.
I autistically watch videos now to figure out exactly how fighters do things and see if I can incorporate that. Why does this guy hit so hard, what is he doing that's different, why did this land, etc?

So yeah, it's fun to talk to someone about it. laughing out loud
None of my friends share the same taste in sports (besides MMA to a degree), and music (to a degree) as me, so the only real place I can talk about what sports I like is online. I get into it with music though, but it's mostly to hate on Metallica, or pop.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 11:47 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Nice to see Joshua winning, with Wilder ducking Joshua to fight Fury, the division becomes interesting.
That finish was pretty brutal. Ref probably should have stopped it when he fell in the ropes.
Again pretty chinny though.

I kind of wish they would have just lined up against Joshua. I'd like to see both Wilder and Fury fight him before I give up on him being beaten within the next 5 years.
I'm sure Fury is lying, but he said he'd brawl with Wilder and I'm pretty sure Wilder will win if it comes down to Fury doing that type of shit.

Either way, I hope this does lead to a non delayed superfight. thumb up

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 11:53 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

That sounds plausible I guess. I don't like how I've never thought about buying boxing biographies though. I've been sticking to music ones and you just opened a whole new realm for me.

I always liked boxing but until the last two years have I been hugely into it.
I autistically watch videos now to figure out exactly how fighters do things and see if I can incorporate that. Why does this guy hit so hard, what is he doing that's different, why did this land, etc?

So yeah, it's fun to talk to someone about it. laughing out loud
None of my friends share the same taste in sports (besides MMA to a degree), and music (to a degree) as me, so the only real place I can talk about what sports I like is online. I get into it with music though, but it's mostly to hate on Metallica, or pop.
Tysons biography is where I got the stuff about the trainers daughter/Sister, I can't remember which it was now.

I love boxing my grandad took me at 11 to start learning but I really got into it about 14, then I found Muay Thai at College and spent six months after I finsihed in Thailand training.

I had a lot of amateur bouts and some paid in the UK and Thailand.You'd probably hate my music, I'm a big fan of people like the cure and the cult
That finish was pretty brutal. Ref probably should have stopped it when he fell in the ropes.
Again pretty chinny though.

I kind of wish they would have just lined up against Joshua. I'd like to see both Wilder and Fury fight him before I give up on him being beaten within the next 5 years.
I'm sure Fury is lying, but he said he'd brawl with Wilder and I'm pretty sure Wilder will win if it comes down to Fury doing that type of shit.

Either way, I hope this does lead to a non delayed superfight. thumb up
Agreed on all counts. I actually see Fury doing what he always does, spoiling, using his modified Philly Shell defence and stagnating the fight, tiring wilder with all his leaning and clinching tricks and winning on points with his jab. A man as big as Fury should not have his footwork, he is like a ballet dancing elephant.

Some really good sport biographies are clearly Tysons, there have been a few. A Rods. the doping stuff is hilarious and Greg Lamont the Cyclist.

A guy called Ian Botham who is **** but perhaps the greatest cricketer from the UK ever is awesome, fights with bouncers, cheating on his wife with a Miss World contestant on Coke... Hilarious stuff.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 12:05 AM
SquallX

Why did this turn into singular individuals when this was a world war?

How do we know these individuals being talked about wouldn’t die in the initial impact in the war?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 06:50 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

= Squall X

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 10:42 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

A guy called Ian Botham who is **** but perhaps the greatest cricketer from the UK ever is awesome, fights with bouncers, cheating on his wife with a Miss World contestant on Coke... Hilarious stuff.

Didn't 'Beefy' also play football for Leicester City briefly? And he was Bill Beaumont's opponent on Question Of Sport.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 12:10 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't 'Beefy' also play football for Leicester City briefly? And he was Bill Beaumont's opponent on Question Of Sport.
Scunthorpe and Yeovil, Oxford maybe rings a bell. I don't remember Leicester but he may have turned out for them at some point.

And yeah, Robbie had been on the wane, sorry I missed that post somehow Sam.

He deffo did Question of Sport and all those charity walks. His son ended up playing Rugby professionally due to the Influence Beaumont had on him. Liam also played Cricket for Hampshire before his Rugby career where he played League for Hatlepool and Union for Cardif, Liam's son Jim is playing Rugby for Wales 7's under 18's. Viv Richards was Liam's godfather believe it or not. Ian Botham maybe a cunty ****, but you can't deny his genes.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 12:58 PM