KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Ages (comic series)

Star Wars: Ages (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also got a pretty good defensive/blocking feat for Qui-Gon:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 03:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 05:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 05:49 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I'm interested in the Dooku, Tarkin and Hux one-shots. Let's see where those go thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 09:43 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm looking forward to several of these issues... But others just seem like a complete f*cking waste. A Rose Tico issue? Really?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 01:10 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Cool.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 01:15 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It's nice to see that they depicted Dracula next to Van Helsing in those covers.

Holdo would've made for a better one-shot than Rose tbh

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Liked the Maul issue. But I have to wonder why Sidious didn't use the super Sith weapon on Malachor considering he obviously knew all about it? confused

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 01:38 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Liked the Maul issue. But I have to wonder why Sidious didn't use the super Sith weapon on Malachor considering he obviously knew all about it? confused
There are a few possibilities, imo.

1.) I do not recall if the Temple/weapon was stated to be mobile. If not, then a weapon that was restricted to a single planet wouldn't have been particularly useful to Palpatine at the time, so he would not have bothered unleashing it. He wanted a mobile super-weapon(ie. the Death Star.)

2.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76QnHMSDWwc&t=0m49s
Vader: "You have unlocked the secret of the Temple. How did you accomplish this?"
Ezra: "You're smart. Figure it out."
Vader: "No matter. The power within will soon serve the Emperor."

This could indicate that Palpatine knew the Temple was indeed a weapon, but simply did not know how to activate it. Maul, however, had been stranded on Malachor for untold years, and in that time was able to discern how to unlock it.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 13th, 2018 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 02:25 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Witwer said Maul and Sidious tried to unlock it but couldn't since it required trust in one-another to get to the Holocron.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 13th, 2018 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That doesn't make sense to me at all. Maul lived to serve Palpatine's every whim, and Palpatine trusted him enough to carry out those whims.

I hate when VAs chime in on the story.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 13th, 2018 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 05:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 03:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 03:24 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007

I hate when VAs chime in on the story.

I dont. Simply because Filoni discusses their character arc in depth with them. Witwer especially pretty much knows TCW/Rebels Maul as well as Filoni does.

Anyway makes sense to me that Sith by their nature just are not trustworthy. Also as Sith they might not have been aware exactly WHY they couldnt unlock it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Witwer's comment in this case doesn't make sense, though. Moreover, Maul and Palpatine supposedly attempting to obtain the Holocron decades prior wasn't part of Filoni's plot in Rebels at all, so it seems odd that he'd randomly discuss something like that with a VA when it holds absolutely no relevance to that particular story. Do we know for sure that Witwer got this information from Filoni, or are your just speculating?

Either way, Maul's sole purpose as an apprentice was serving Palpatine's every whim, and Palpatine trusted Maul enough to do so. Additionally, Maul knew exactly where he stood in comparison to Palpatine, and would have never betrayed him back then -- he was a loyal dog, and Palpatine knew this. That being said, the notion that a lack of trust is what prevented them from obtaining the Holocron is silly. All they had to do is lift a few walls and hop to and from the central pillar that was housing the Holocron, ffs.

Did they trust one another implicitly? No, that is the fundamental nature of the Sith. But did they trust one another enough to preform such meager tasks? It seems ridiculous to assume otherwise, imo. Maul was able to snag the Holocron with the help of an unbalanced Padawan that he'd just met a few minutes prior, ffs.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 04:26 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Moreover, Maul and Palpatine supposedly attempting to obtain the Holocron decades prior wasn't part of Filoni's plot in Rebels at all, so it seems odd that he'd randomly discuss something like that with a VA when it holds absolutely no relevance to that particular story. Do we know for sure that Witwer got this information from Filoni, or are your just speculating?

Filoni usually has a backstory which he discusses with the VAs whether thats specifically addressed in the plot or not.

Then of course Filoni will advise the comic book/novel writers on stories they are undertaking which is expanding on one off his arcs.

So the source should be the same.

I dont even know of the quote in question, just pointing out Witwer is a fairly reliable source when it comes to Canon Maul.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's just it: the notion that Maul and Palpatine attempted to retrieve the Holocron, but couldn't due to a lack of trust between them, was never mentioned(or even alluded to) on the show, or in a comic book/novel. It's just Witwer saying this.

I don't mind actors chiming in on things when their thoughts align with established canon, but it's simply not in their 'scope' to create new aspects of the story as they see fit. If it were, then Hamill's comment about Luke "overdosing on the force like a heroin junkie" in TLJ would be irrefutable fact.

So unless Witwer's statement did come straight from Filoni(or some other official SW figurehead), then it's hard for me to accept, because again, it makes no sense at all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 07:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 03:35 PM