KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!
Started by: Tzeentch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

DeSantis has got it

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 01:30 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

O'Rourke is doing a lot better than I expected in Texas, he's leading by over 100,000 votes with about half the votes counted.

Also Florida is absurdly close, as usual.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 01:53 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cruz is just so unlikeable. Beto doesn't have a hope of winning though tbh, even with his pandering to minorities/pretending to be one himself.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 01:57 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah Cruz is catching up now.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 01:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

What site are you using? I think there's a delay on Fox so I'm switching between them and NYT. Texas keeps changing after every refresh.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:01 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

menendez wins in nj. trigger time yet?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Senate really isn't looking good for the dems right now.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:04 AM
dadudemon

I'm seeing it much much closer, now, on the live updates. 46 GOP, 40 Dems.

Wait, another place shows 37 46.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/

Politico says GOP is up net 1 seat which is the opposite of a blue wave.

But House is showing a net gain of 2 seats for dems. Could be a slight net gain for Dems in the House.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:12 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Republicans have 46% chance to keep the House now.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:13 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I am definitely expecting the GOP to overall win out by the end of this.

My statement about Dems being professional losers stands, imo. They talk a great game but they don't show out when the time comes.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:15 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I am definitely expecting the GOP to overall win out by the end of this.

My statement about Dems being professional losers stands, imo. They talk a great game but they don't show out when the time comes.

According the the early voting stats, it's because a SHIT load of young liberal voters registered: by record numbers.

But they had the same turnout as they always do.

Like you said, it's a nice talk, but Dems just don't go the polls on election day.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:17 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah this is always why the polls are wrong. Actual turnout is important.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:20 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bernie dominating Vermont. Can't help but like the guy tbh, even if he's a huge sellout/hypocrite.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:22 AM
dadudemon

Honestly, I'd like one party to get a super majority for about 4 years.

Clearly, I'd like it to be Dems because I want UHC and things that I definitely will not get from the GOP. But I am curious how far the GOP would take things if they had the super majority. I just want genuine change to happen.

My guess is there would be fracturing if one party got a super majority. Moderates, conservatives, or progressives would break away from party lines. I'm guessing it would be the death of the other party and the new party fracturing. Or the birth of a new party.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:23 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mike Braun dominating, wow. Dems on suicide watch.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:26 AM
BackFire

O'Rourke back ahead in Texas by over 100k votes with about 70% of the vote in.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:27 AM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Mike Braun dominating, wow. Dems on suicide watch.

Not so surprising to me. Perhaps to the weirdly and constantly inaccurate pollsters.

But he's a former democrat. So he should have the appeal of a moderate and a conservative going for him since he ran a decent campaign.

I tried not to pay attention to the polls until yesterday.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:28 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

inb4 Cruz blames voter fraud

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:28 AM
BackFire

If he loses he should blame his personality.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:31 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah for real. I can't think of anyone more fake and unlikeable.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:34 AM