KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif

Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Such as?
off the top of my head, Vader stomped on someone that could react within microseconds and is scaled as being significantly faster/more powerful than someone that could experience milliseconds as entire minutes.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 05:40 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ok, so I looked into Sifs teleporting.

It requires her to use her sword and weave patterns in the air, has no detail on range (i.e. do you need to stand next to her, be 0.5km away from her, etc) and isn't instantaneous.

(please log in to view the image)

So no, she's not BFRing Vader before he force chokes her or throws a saber through her.

I admit I then checked Wikipedia, and it said she has to now use the Norn Stones to teleport. Last I checked, that isn't standard equipment.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 06:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If she can teleport, he'd be cut in half before he can even try it.

Sif will make Grand Moff Tarkin's crushing defeat (Best issue ever) look like nothing.

She's not exactly Nightcrawler or Magik, lol. I can't even see her doing it in battle....

It's more likely Vader would cut her in half before she completes her sword dancing......

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 07:05 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ok, so I looked into Sifs teleporting.

It requires her to use her sword and weave patterns in the air, has no detail on range (i.e. do you need to stand next to her, be 0.5km away from her, etc) and isn't instantaneous.

So no, she's not BFRing Vader before he force chokes her or throws a saber through her.

I admit I then checked Wikipedia, and it said she has to now use the Norn Stones to teleport. Last I checked, that isn't standard equipment.
She's not exactly Nightcrawler or Magik, lol. I can't even see her doing it in battle....

It's more likely Vader would cut her in half before she completes her sword dancing......

She doesn't need the sword or the Norn stones to instantly teleport:
It's 'her birthright to traverse time and space'.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 01:15 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Such as?
Vader used his precog to successfully navigate a Star Destroyer through the chaos of the Unknown Regions, while moving through Hyperspace(ie. FTL.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 01:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by zopzop
She doesn't need the sword or the Norn stones to instantly teleport:
It's 'her birthright to traverse time and space'.

Then why did she use the Norn Stones with Balder when looking for Thor?

After Aaron's shenanigans, I'm afraid I'll have to take it with a pinch of salt. Sure IN THE PAST Asgardians may have been able to do XYZ, but more recently?

Plus, does she use it in battle?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 01:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Then why did she use the Norn Stones with Balder when looking for Thor?

After Aaron's shenanigans, I'm afraid I'll have to take it with a pinch of salt. Sure IN THE PAST Asgardians may have been able to do XYZ, but more recently?

Plus, does she use it in battle?

This is a loaded post. I mentioned earlier that she can use time/space as her own innate ability and other writers have used equipment. One was the Norn Stones. I don’t remember it every being explicitly said she can not teleport herself, but I might be wrong. It was just ignored until it was needed. For the purposes of this thread however, whatever incarnation we use, she has teleporting abilities to rely on.

What do you mean Aaron shenanigans? Aaron hasn’t done anything with Sif.

And this is Sif, she does almost nothing in every comic she appears in except take a backseat to Thor. She has instantly teleported Thor (Or was it Magni) out of trouble. That’s good enough.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 03:29 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

By Aaron shenanigans, I mean retcons. Mjolnir has obviously been in the sun plenty of times, but now...suns kill it.

Wonder Woman has been bulletproof in the past, but now,bullets nearly kill her.

I'm just saying, when was the last time Sif teleported? And when she did so, did she need equipment to do so? Scans from 1970s are all fine and dandy, but with such a niche character, different writers will have different interpretations.

And we take the most recent depictionn of said character.

I'm not saying Aaron wrote a retcon for Sif. I'm using it as an umbrella term for writers who just write whatever the hell they like, which unfortunately we have to take as gospel....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 03:41 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

That’s simple: The last time Sif teleported was under Jurgens (The same writer of Zop’s scan) AFAIK and she didn’t need equipment.

Also those are terrible examples. Mjolnir dying in the Sun is such a random contradiction it’s not worth mentioning, and Wonder Woman has almost always been vulnerable to bullets. Her dying to bullets is the norm, not the outlier.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 05:30 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 05:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That’s simple: The last time Sif teleported was under Jurgens (The same writer of Zop’s scan) AFAIK and she didn’t need equipment.

Also those are terrible examples. Mjolnir dying in the Sun is such a random contradiction it’s not worth mentioning, and Wonder Woman has almost always been vulnerable to bullets. Her dying to bullets is the norm, not the outlier.

Fair enough. I personally hold my hands up and say I don't know enough about Sif; I even acknowledge I am using Wikipedia when I say the last time she's mentioned as teleporting, she has to use the Norn Stones.

Context around it? No idea. If someone has the scans, it would be good.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 05:51 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ummm, IIRC it was when King Thor was accosted for resurrecting that dead girl. The second time was when she teleported Magni during Reigning. I'm too lazy to look it up. And tbh, I care little for Sif these days. She's a turncoat under JA.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 05:59 PM
DarkSaint85

This is what I dug up: she was using it with Balder, when they were looking for Thor, after he was banished by Odin thanks to Loki.

That's such a generic Asgard storyline, I don't even know if it's from 2016 or 1965, lol

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 06:10 PM