KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Undodgeable attacks like that tentacle grab is a no-no in this type of games. Or in general, tbh.

I don't think his tentacle whip is that impossible. Ya just gotta dodge back, not sideways, and hope for the best. Worked for me a few times.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 02:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Undodgeable attacks like that tentacle grab is a no-no in this type of games. Or in general, tbh.

Agreed, poor game design.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 01:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It can be dodged normally apparently. Y'all just suck and are quick to dunk on the game.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

It can be dodged normally apparently. Y'all just suck and are quick to dunk on the game.

thumb up

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm talking about when he grabs you from behind, scrub.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:37 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I suppose it just means you need to respect his tentacle attack by waiting to dodge it while facing him, and then turn and run? Surely he can't just spam it. Then again, I was locked into his punches one time when I was trying to heal myself with an herb and died, so who knows.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 12:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The zombos he upgrades have ridiculous range with their tentacles too. But there'll surely be an easy way to deal with all of that for us speedruning amateurs, I imagine.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 02:04 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I suppose it just means you need to respect his tentacle attack by waiting to dodge it while facing him, and then turn and run? Surely he can't just spam it. Then again, I was locked into his punches one time when I was trying to heal myself with an herb and died, so who knows.

There's already videos of people knifing Nemmy to death in single combat, so the dodge mechanic is viable. It's just hard as hell to figure out.

On the demo, I personally don't mind the redesign so far. The game isn't meant to be a direct clone but a re-imagining and I'm okay with that. RE3 was my favorite in the series and probably always will be, and I'm happy to see a more realistic appearing, gritty reboot. It's both new and old territory.

Now, the bulletsponge zeds from REmake 2 are garbage. I don't like that design change at all and would rather be given less ammo and have headshots be more viable than the current system. RE2 remake made me annoyed with spongey zeds and the absence of a dodge mechanic, making some areas near guaranteed grab zones. That's not punishing me for lack of skill so much as heavy fake difficulty.

Also, Nemmy is a mixed bag. On one hand, he is far more imposing than he was before. And gruesome to look at. But he's also kind of cheap and I'm not sure how much he'll be pursuing us or not. If it's the majority of the game, that might take away from the quieter moments the original had, and give us just a slogfest of spongey zeds, keys, and chasing Nemmy.

But, if they break it up appropriately, I'm okay with it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 08:54 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Well, I've done Hardcore no damage runs on RE2. Let's see if that's possible in this game. Just a few hours left!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 07:41 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm gonna go out later today and pick it up.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 02:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

You better do.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 03:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Enjoying it so far, but there seems to be a weird crashing issue on PC if I leave it on pause for too long. Like, it locks up the PC.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 12:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Well, I've done Hardcore no damage runs on RE2. Let's see if that's possible in this game. Just a few hours left!

Lol, nope. Not unless you are the master of the dodge. Just Nemmy alone will give you fits on that.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Enjoying it so far, but there seems to be a weird crashing issue on PC if I leave it on pause for too long. Like, it locks up the PC.

That is a weird issue.

I stayed up until 7 AM EST and finished it. Really really good. They changed a lot about the story and such, but not in a bad way. It certainly was more fun to play and scarier in some ways than RE2 Remake. And Resistance is more fun than I would have thought.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 11:28 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With the Gunpowder does it still have the same thing as the original game, Where if you mix it alot of times eventually you get enhanced Ammo?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 03:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
With the Gunpowder does it still have the same thing as the original game, Where if you mix it alot of times eventually you get enhanced Ammo?

Honestly dunno, but if I had to guess, I doubt it. I'm not kidding when I say this game, as enjoyable as I'm finding it, feels very stripped down in comparison to RE2.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 11:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

How long is it?

I heard its about 6 hours..which is way too short (I know its a remake) but for $79? Way too overpriced.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 03:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
How long is it?

I heard its about 6 hours..which is way too short (I know its a remake) but for $79? Way too overpriced.

A lot of people are saying its in the 6-8 hour mark, which I personally think is fine for a Resident Evil game. Though, not for 79 dollars. **** that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 03:26 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Lol, nope. Not unless you are the master of the dodge. Just Nemmy alone will give you fits on that.
Well, I'm doing better than expected. stick out tongue

And in a little past halfway point of the game at 3 hours more or less.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 04:52 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
A lot of people are saying its in the 6-8 hour mark, which I personally think is fine for a Resident Evil game. Though, not for 79 dollars. **** that.

I try not to determine a true cost of game because there has been numerous times where I loved a game that was short compared to similar priced game that has a long run time.

However, RE2 was also quite short and I paid full price so what do I know!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 06:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote