KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » IG limitations

IG limitations
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Obviously we shouldn't put limitations on the Guantlet itself. The logical conclusion is that Thanos lacks the creativity and talent to repair the guantlet and resurrect Gamora.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
your bitterness and liking of such a shit character like Kang shines through. It’s laughably weak.

More like the WRITERS of the movie lack...Cause face facts. The Marvel Disney Movies are just a product of a Machine like Process now.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 06:43 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

your bitterness and liking of such a shit character like Kang shines through. It’s laughably weak.

Don't bring your bitterness on how they nerfed Thanos to make him balance obsessed character when talking about the great Kang.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 07:04 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Who’s Kang?

I assume he means Kang the Conqueror

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 10:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It seems the IG with all stones has some apparent limitations

Stopping Stormbreaker for one, not being able to heal himself after being hit by it, and repairing the gauntlet, Or bringing Gamora back he couldn't do.

If it's supposed to grant nigh omnipotence, why does it have these limitations?
Where Stormbreaker is concerned: in the comics, an IG-user has to adapt/acclimate to their newfound omnipotence -- it takes a while for them to stop thinking like a mortal, and start thinking like God. They don't just gain a complete IG and instantly know how to use it to its full capacity. That might be why Thanos didn't/couldn't stop Stormbreaker..?

Not healing himself doesn't make sense, unless the stones simply aren't allowing Thanos to heal himself because he used them in such a grotesque manner..?

As for not repairing the gauntlet: it's important to remember that Thanos had dedicated most of his life beforehand to halving the universe's populace by culling planets individually. The stones simply presented a faster, more efficient way of fulfilling this goal. As far as Thanos is concerned, the IG is essentially just a really big gun -- and now that his goal has been fulfilled and half of all life in the universe has been erased, perhaps Thanos simply doesn't want the gauntlet anymore, so why fix it..? Perhaps the only reason he wants to keep the stones now is just to prevent someone else from using them to undo what he has done..?

As for Gamora: if Thanos resurrected her, maybe the soul stone would abandon him for undoing the 'tribute' he had to pay in order to acquire it in the first place..?

Just spitballing here. No clue if any of this will hold any validity when all is said and done. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 11:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It doesn't go well with a nice tailored pin stripe suit.
It's dangerous for left handed onanism practicioners.
The stones keep ripping the paper when you're writing.

Completely impractical, really.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 01:19 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Galan007
Where Stormbreaker is concerned: in the comics, an IG-user has to adapt/acclimate to their newfound omnipotence -- it takes a while for them to stop thinking like a mortal, and start thinking like God. They don't just gain a complete IG and instantly know how to use it to its full capacity. That might be why Thanos didn't/couldn't stop Stormbreaker..?

Not healing himself doesn't make sense, unless the stones simply aren't allowing Thanos to heal himself because he used them in such a grotesque manner..?

As for not repairing the gauntlet: it's important to remember that Thanos had dedicated most of his life beforehand to halving the universe's populace by culling planets individually. The stones simply presented a faster, more efficient way of fulfilling this goal. As far as Thanos is concerned, the IG is essentially just a really big gun -- and now that his goal has been fulfilled and half of all life in the universe has been erased, perhaps Thanos simply doesn't want the gauntlet anymore, so why fix it..? Perhaps the only reason he wants to keep the stones now is just to prevent someone else from using them to undo what he has done..?

As for Gamora: if Thanos resurrected her, maybe the soul stone would abandon him for undoing the 'tribute' he had to pay in order to acquire it in the first place..?

Just spitballing here. No clue if any of this will hold any validity when all is said and done. /shrug

Very possible.

Not stopping Stormbreaker was just a one-off/plot-device, imo. Even if he was freshly into godhood, stopping a thrown axe woudn't be beyond what he's already shown with fewer stones.

As far as Thanos' left side being injured, I think it's maybe the price he has to pay in using the stones on a universal scale as he did. He was able to heal the nigh-fatal wound Thor gave him, but not his gimpy left arm? Similar goes with resurrecting Gamora, the price you pay if you want to play.

Also think it's possible he could have temporarily de-powered the stones by using them in such a large scope and this will play into his downfall.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 01:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

This is a great post.

Insults both Bentley and Kang.

Keep up the good work, man. thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 02:40 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
He was able to heal the nigh-fatal wound Thor gave him, but not his gimpy left arm? Similar goes with resurrecting Gamora, the price you pay if you want to play.

Yeah, the axe wound actually closes up as he teleports away. I didn't even notice originally, because it happens so quickly. But thankfully there are people on the internet with a lot of time on their hands. Even if you know what to look for, you have to watch him teleporting away at like 0.25 normal speed to really notice it properly.

I suspect that because the arm was injured by the Infinity Stones, it's probably the cost of doing what he did.

Edit: Oh, and apparently the Russos revealed that Thanos could potentially (note, not definitively) use the stones to heal himself fully. Seems the injury itself might be backlash he did to himself, based on some of their "pain and guilt" comments:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/0...russo-brothers/

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 08:29 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 08:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh, then the "price you pay" might be self imposed. Also fits with MCU Thanos' character.

Even thought Infinity War isn't in my top three MCU films, I still can't wait to see this all wrap up.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 06:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Seems odd that Thanos would choose to punish himself with physical/external injuries on top of the mental/internal anguish he was clearly experiencing after the deed was done.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I can't wait for Hawkeye to get his big dramatic moment where he has his Thanos Killed His wife and Children and then they will make a big joke about it when he gets joke pwned. Cause phuck that guy!

Lol!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Seems odd that Thanos would choose to punish himself with physical/external injuries on top of the mental/internal anguish he was clearly experiencing after the deed was done.

Actually kind of makes sense to me. Maybe the mental anguish/guilt drove him to try and punish himself in a desperate attempt to somewhat atone. Might also have been the gauntlet reacting directly to his subconscious, so he had no conscious choice in the matter.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Actually kind of makes sense to me. Maybe the mental anguish/guilt drove him to try and punish himself in a desperate attempt to somewhat atone. Might also have been the gauntlet reacting directly to his subconscious, so he had no conscious choice in the matter.

So basically they use Thanos's comic book weakness then?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:51 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, the axe wound actually closes up as he teleports away. I didn't even notice originally, because it happens so quickly. But thankfully there are people on the internet with a lot of time on their hands. Even if you know what to look for, you have to watch him teleporting away at like 0.25 normal speed to really notice it properly.

I suspect that because the arm was injured by the Infinity Stones, it's probably the cost of doing what he did.

Edit: Oh, and apparently the Russos revealed that Thanos could potentially (note, not definitively) use the stones to heal himself fully. Seems the injury itself might be backlash he did to himself, based on some of their "pain and guilt" comments:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/0...russo-brothers/

Got the video of him healing himself from SB?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:54 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True. I guess it could be his own personal penance of sorts... Choosing to keep himself in perpetual mental AND physical agony.

Be it voluntary or involuntary, that is the price Thanos has to pay for using the stones in such a manner.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 08:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Got the video of him healing himself from SB?

If I have time later, I'll post a pic.

But you can clearly see his axe wound being healed/gone in the scene when he's kicking back to watch the sunset after he's murdered trillions.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:42 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard
If I have time later, I'll post a pic.

But you can clearly see his axe wound being healed/gone in the scene when he's kicking back to watch the sunset after he's murdered trillions.

It was a sunrise.

Therefore all your other facts are wrong.

That's how it works on t'internet

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 01:05 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Welp, guess that's it for me then.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 01:06 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Is this of him healing from it, or not being healed from it, hard to tell whats going on here.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:11 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote