KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Has feminism gone too far??

your take on feminism
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It's run its course 1 8.33%
It's Probably Misunderstood 3 25.00%
Feminists are being cynical about it 0 0%
A means of revenge/shaming agains males 2 16.67%
It has gone too far. 6 50.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Has feminism gone too far??
Started by: The Spectre+

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Some do. You just have it in your head that all feminists are like the screeching red haired "shut the **** up" woman and Hugh Mungus's nemesis, Zarna Joshi because you only get your opinions on feminism from people who address those types.

Some do, most don't.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Forgot that Rob, I'm all clear about it now. Sad but true post thumb up

It's not really true, but if you need to believe it is...go for it thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Have some individual feminists/groups gone too far? Absolutely.

Feminists as a whole. Imho no.

Feminists are no different than any other group, wheather its politics, religion, sports etc...As with most there will usually be a fringe element that taints the others with extremism.

I wouldnt blame feminism in general for the words/actions of some nor would i blame all Republicans for the words/actions of trump or hold all baseball fans accountable for the death threats cubs fans sent Steve Bartman after his incident.

The only group i would hold accountable for the actions of its individuals are creepy Gingers. With their pale, soft skin and sweaty hands. I dont trust a single one of them and im certain those mutants are up to no good.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 11:40 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

slavery and head hunting, ritual rape, all traditions somewhere none are good by our standards. However I have no right to impose my will on another culture.

I view it as worse than Slavery because the woman is already being treated like a slave, at that point...but a mutilated slave.

Head hunting is just mass-murder in some ways but just ritualistic when eliminating your enemies.

I do want to impose my will on others who do things like FGM, though. smile As a person who believes in libertarian freedom, it's a direct violation. People who are abused in any way violate this code of ethics.

Alas, it is Lockean Rights in which I believe. It's our job to ensure everyone gets certain inalienable rights to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, on their own terms.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 11:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Just noticed how none of the voting options offer any positive choices on feminism, they're mostly different takes on 'feminism bad'.

if you remember the original topic was "has it gone too far"?. I could have just left it so. But i decided to give alternatives from just "....gone too far"?. Maybe some really dont think its gone to the extreme, but want to shed light on some details or factors. I could prob'ly have increased the options.
Or would another thread on "why feminism should continue" (something along that line) would be more appropriate. - at least to you.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:28 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

It's just that normally there's a spectrum involved with this type of voting system which isn't really apparent in this one. Normally it would go like this;

A. Strongly disagree.
B. Somewhat disagree.
C. Neither agree nor disagree.
D. Somewhat agree.
E. Strongly agree.

You asked if feminism has gone too far? Yet offered no options for a person to say no, not that I would have voted no, for what it's worth.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:19 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I view it as worse than Slavery because the woman is already being treated like a slave, at that point...but a mutilated slave.

Head hunting is just mass-murder in some ways but just ritualistic when eliminating your enemies.

I do want to impose my will on others who do things like FGM, though. smile As a person who believes in libertarian freedom, it's a direct violation. People who are abused in any way violate this code of ethics.

Alas, it is Lockean Rights in which I believe. It's our job to ensure everyone gets certain inalienable rights to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, on their own terms.
I believe in the Prime Directive and I always will.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 11:03 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Raptor22
The only group i would hold accountable for the actions of its individuals are creepy Gingers. With their pale, soft skin and sweaty hands. I dont trust a single one of them and im certain those mutants are up to no good.

I like a hot ginger.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:26 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by samhain
It's just that normally there's a spectrum involved with this type of voting system which isn't really apparent in this one. Normally it would go like this;

A. Strongly disagree.
B. Somewhat disagree.
C. Neither agree nor disagree.
D. Somewhat agree.
E. Strongly agree.

You asked if feminism has gone too far? Yet offered no options for a person to say no, not that I would have voted no, for what it's worth.

I'm sure OP already knows that he's a phaggot

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:46 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I like a hot ginger.

My wife likes that Jamie Fraser character from Outlander.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard

I am not familiar, but I do like a Prince Harry or a young Don Most.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:05 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'm sure OP already knows that he's a phaggot

Is Bashy now a confirmed Phagg-a-phobic now!?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:06 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I am not familiar, but I do like a Prince Harry or a young Don Most.

This guy:

(please log in to view the image)

Seems his real name is Sam Heughan

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

This guy:

Seems his real name is Sam Heughan

(please log in to view the image)

I see the appeal.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:11 PM
Flyattractor

Wonder if the water is really that cold or He only needs one hand....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like a young nicole kidman, as ginger as it gets.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I like a young nicole kidman, as ginger as it gets.

Been a fan of her since Dead Calm (1989)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:33 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been a fan of her since Dead Calm (1989)
got a hard on in BMX bandits. I think she's my age so that was fine.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:38 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gingers?

Christina Hendricks has my vote.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:42 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
Gingers?

Christina Hendricks has my vote.
also fine. Is amber herd a natural ginger? If so, gorgeous.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:43 PM