KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)

KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

So my votes on this:

Annihilus - mh for now.
Jesse Quick - low herald
Obsidian - hh
Lex Luthor hm
Runner - hh [without gem], trans [with]

Speaking of bugs -- Mantis [New God] for MH? Or is he higher?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 19th, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 10:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Don't have a problem with the rest but nah Runner for trans with and without gem.

LOL Night thrasher for low street? At least mid.

Last edited by Deadline on Feb 19th, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 10:17 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Obsidian should be at least trans, his shadow form is so haxx makes him beyond space time, intangible iand immortal. plus crazy powers like possession. all else fail he can just teleport people to shadowlands, his darkness manipulation is insane, he one shot kyle rayner and alan scott before (both hh), blinds gog, his darkness manipulation is also on planetary scale, he can cover the entire earth in darkness. if the battle take place in the darkness of space Obsidian can literally be everywhere at once

I don't see how runner is more powerful than obsidian, one> surfer, the other > kyle rayner and alan scott

Last edited by MrMind on Feb 20th, 2019 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:19 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Made the following additions to the list:
quote:
Rulk (no energy absorption)- HM
Ragman- MM
Annihilus (base/no items)- MH
Jesse Quick- LH
Obsidian- HH
Lex Luthor (/w/ armor)- HM
Runner (/w/ Space Gem)- Trans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phil
Speaking of bugs -- Mantis [New God] for MH? Or is he higher?
MH, imo.

Originally posted by MrMind
Obsidian should be at least trans, his shadow form is so haxx makes him beyond space time, intangible iand immortal. plus crazy powers like possession. all else fail he can just teleport people to shadowlands, his darkness manipulation is insane, he one shot kyle rayner and alan scott before (both hh), blinds gog, his darkness manipulation is also on planetary scale, he can cover the entire earth in darkness. if the battle take place in the darkness of space Obsidian can literally be everywhere at once

I don't see how runner is more powerful than obsidian, one> surfer, the other > kyle rayner and alan scott
You're absolutely right in that Obsidian does have some tremendously high-highs... But so does nearly every other HH on the list.

To me it seems like HH is a good fit for him on average. He can always be moved if more people feel differently, however. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:32 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Any other proposals?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:43 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Lower WW to mid herald.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:47 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The consensus in the last thread was to put her at HH.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:51 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
The consensus in the last thread was to put her at HH.
Maybe there is some powerful form of hers that I don’t know about...

Is there?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:52 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Evidently. thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:53 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Maybe Absorbing man should be high meta...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:58 AM
MrMind

You're absolutely right in that Obsidian does have some tremendously high-highs... But so does nearly every other HH on the list.

To me it seems like HH is a good fit for him on average. He can always be moved if more people feel differently, however. thumb up

I agree, compare to the best feats of the top HH like SS, Hal, Adam Warlock, or Majestic, Obsidian does not seem to be on a higher level. I am more arguing his haxx power set. But I am def ok with him being high herald, he is one of those characters that do not have enough showings to warrant a higher praise. so anywhere between low trans to high herald is a good fit imo ( in this case HH)

What I'm having trouble with is why so many people think Runner is trans tier though, even with the gem I don't see him being more powerful than let's say classic adam warlock. and he has even less feats than obsidian. Marvel does not even think he can beat the flash in a race, that's why he lost to buried allen. And Barry is only HH

Maybe I'm missing something

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 06:07 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Annihilus hh
Lex Luthor hm
Vision lh
Runner let's keep him out, not enough showings

---

Mothra hm
Jason Voorhees lm

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 06:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I agree, compare to the best feats of the top HH like SS, Hal, Adam Warlock, or Majestic, Obsidian does not seem to be on a higher level. I am more arguing his haxx power set. But I am def ok with him being high herald, he is one of those characters that do not have enough showings to warrant a higher praise. so anywhere between low trans to high herald is a good fit imo ( in this case HH)

What I'm having trouble with is why so many people think Runner is trans tier though, even with the gem I don't see him being more powerful than let's say classic adam warlock. and he has even less feats than obsidian. Marvel does not even think he can beat the flash in a race, that's why he lost to buried allen. And Barry is only HH

Maybe I'm missing something
Feat-wise it's simply impossible to prove that Runner is as fast as the noteworthy Flashes, and/or Zoom(all of which are HH), nor would you be able to prove he is nearly as versatile in a forum setting.

I think most are putting Runner at Trans due to his battles with Surfer and Thanos. But again, I'm more than happy to move him if a consensus cannot be reached. thumb up

Originally posted by Bentley
Annihilus hh
Lex Luthor hm
Vision lh
Runner let's keep him out, not enough showings

---

Mothra hm
Jason Voorhees lm
*Ah yes, forgot about Vision. Moved to LH.

Are we giving Annihilus the CCR as default? If so, I agree with HH.

---

Mothra to HM- agree
Jason to LM- agree.

What about Jason X? MM?

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:32 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I'm assuming Annihilus has the CCR too for my placing. Feel free to put signal it on the list if you feel it's warranted.

Jason X should be mm.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:52 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

some suggestions

H'el- Trans?
King Hyperion- MH?
First Born- HH?
Helspont-HH?
Starbrand- Trans?
maestro?
Bor- Trans?
Hela-Trans?
Warblade-MM?
Agent Orange WS -HS?
Zealot- LM?
deathblow-ms to hs?
The High WS- LH?
Nemesis WS- HM with Creation Blades?
Backlash- LM?

Last edited by MrMind on Feb 20th, 2019 at 01:07 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:00 PM
MrMind

Feat-wise it's simply impossible to prove that Runner is as fast as the noteworthy Flashes, and/or Zoom(all of which are HH), nor would you be able to prove he is nearly as versatile in a forum setting.

I think most are putting Runner at Trans due to his battles with Surfer and Thanos. But again, I'm more than happy to move him if a consensus cannot be reached. thumb up

thumb up thanks for explaining , I'll let you guys decide that one. I'm fine either way as I am not well versed enough with marvel speedsters

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm assuming Annihilus has the CCR too for my placing. Feel free to put signal it on the list if you feel it's warranted.

Jason X should be mm.
thumb up

I think leo had the same opinion about him having the CCR. I can edit that in and move him up a tier. I'm also going to add Mothra, Jason, and Jason X for now. If anyone has an issue with these placements, feel free to chime in.

*These are the new set of proposals. Lets work on getting them placed before we move onto anyone else:
some suggestions

H'el- Trans?
King Hyperion- MH?
First Born- HH?
Helspont-HH?
Starbrand- Trans?
maestro?
Bor- Trans?
Hela-Trans?
Warblade-MM?
Agent Orange WS -HS?
Zealot- LM?
deathblow-ms to hs?
The High WS- LH?
Nemesis WS- HM with Creation Blades?
Backlash- LM?

I'll throw in my opinion on some of these in a bit.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2019 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:27 PM
Philosophía

There's a good point about Runner - the Flashes/Zoom would beat him if it really came down to feats - especially without the gem - where he was specifically beaten in a race by Makkari going lightspeed. That's childsplay for the Flashes.

I'm starting to agree that he has too few appearances to rank, without ruffling feathers.

MH, imo.
thumb up

I think we'll be the only ones to say anything on him, so you might as well put him, lol.

Some of the proposals..

H'el- Trans.
King Hyperion - I'd put him at high meta, to be perfectly honest...barely low herald.
First Born - I wouldn't put him on the list at all
Helspont - New 52? Wildstorm?
Starbrand- high-herald
Maestro - low/mid herald
Bor - too little appearances. I'd leave him out.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I personally don't care about the new 52 version of the WS characters

but if you guys can throw in your opinions on WS versions of these it would be awesome thanks thumb up

as far as King Hyperion, his showings in exiles killing alternative avengers and f4 and mutants and dominating dfiferent earths was pretty badass, absorb holocaust, or killin a alternative Big G off panel should count for something

but then again failing to catch meteor, then there was blink blowing him up with sand, then hyperion kicked his ass so...

a lot of high in early appearances but took a big dive

Last edited by MrMind on Feb 20th, 2019 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:22 PM
Philosophía

He's the poster boy for big shot in alternate Universes then getting his shit pushed in the main one.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:34 PM