KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Batman sneak up on Logan

Can Batman sneak up on Logan
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
(please log in to view the image)

He then goes berserker and snaps those handcuffs, Bucky then gets saved by his accomplice (who sneaks up on Logan, without printer ink) and shoots him.

And yes, Bucky is pretty naked there.

LMAO so that's why "printer ink" is listed as a weakness of his in the handbook

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 21st, 2019 11:21 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

He then goes berserker and snaps those handcuffs, Bucky then gets saved by his accomplice (who sneaks up on Logan, without printer ink) and shoots him.

And yes, Bucky is pretty naked there.

Some great sixth sense attuned to danger displayed there.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 12:53 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Yes easily. Spite thread.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 01:06 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Discuss and why

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
No reason to ignore the high end from both characters unless you're fixated towards a bias leaning. jn
There's a possibility Batman can sneak up on Logan. I'm not near convinced that he definitely would or would for a majority out of 10. Your use of Logan's low end while ignoring his high end doesn't convince me otherwise.

So, yes, he can. Thanks all.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 01:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

geezus, of course he can. how did this nonsense thread make it this far.... (looks through thread). oh yeah, that's how.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Delta1938
Writers not highlighting it doesn't mean it's not active given heightened senses is literally standard. Unless you can prove the writer specifically intended Superman didn't have all his senses enhanced, this argument is irrelevant.

You didn't answer my question. Did you mean "can he do it for a majority" and poorly worded it because fail is fail, or do you legitimately think Batman can't ever and don't like the arguments being used to show he can?

Yeah but that type of logic falls flat on the forum. That type of reasoning can easily be flipped to say that by the same token, if Character A tags Character B(who has super speed) successfully, then it's proof Character A can hit people moving at Character B's top speed. Another example would be using an instance of a character with transmutation losing a fight without transmuting his opponent is automatic proof that his opponent can resist transmutation.

That's not to say that Supes doesn't posses a sense of smell equal to Logan's, nor does it mean that Logan's sense of smell can't be bypassed, I'm just saying that Batman sneaking up on or sneaking away from Supes doesn't indicate that he can sneak past Logan's sense of smell UNLESS it was expressly stated that Supes was trying to "smell him out". A case could be made for heightened senses being the most prominent victims of PIS of any power in comics because lots of people have some form of heightened sense that's constantly getting bypassed for no apparent reason.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 09:23 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but that type of logic falls flat on the forum. That type of reasoning can easily be flipped to say that by the same token, if Character A tags Character B(who has super speed) successfully, then it's proof Character A can hit people moving at Character B's top speed. Another example would be using an instance of a character with transmutation losing a fight without transmuting his opponent is automatic proof that his opponent can resist transmutation.

That's not to say that Supes doesn't posses a sense of smell equal to Logan's, nor does it mean that Logan's sense of smell can't be bypassed, I'm just saying that Batman sneaking up on or sneaking away from Supes doesn't indicate that he can sneak past Logan's sense of smell UNLESS it was expressly stated that Supes was trying to "smell him out". A case could be made for heightened senses being the most prominent victims of PIS of any power in comics because lots of people have some form of heightened sense that's constantly getting bypassed for no apparent reason.

This argument falls apart given his title is "Can Batman sneak up on Logan?" I went in arguing differently than I would because it's not "Will he in X scenario," but a broad can he.
His arguments to me were an attempt to dismiss every time he's done it to Superman.

I do understand the speed argument (which is problematic but decent) but raised an eyebrow on the matter manipulation argument. I guess I just haven't seen someone use that argument, I wouldn't think resistance because it wasn't used unless they said they didn't try because of that. Maybe if it was their only power, but unlikely.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 12:17 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Delta1938
This argument falls apart given his title is "Can Batman sneak up on Logan?" I went in arguing differently than I would because it's not "Will he in X scenario," but a broad can he.
His arguments to me were an attempt to dismiss every time he's done it to Superman.

I do understand the speed argument (which is problematic but decent) but raised an eyebrow on the matter manipulation argument. I guess I just haven't seen someone use that argument, I wouldn't think resistance because it wasn't used unless they said they didn't try because of that. Maybe if it was their only power, but unlikely.

Oh it's been used before. It's not one that comes up all that often because it's a ridiculous argument that dies quickly, but it's popped up before... sometimes I miss nvr lol.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 02:33 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by darthgoober
Oh it's been used before. It's not one that comes up all that often because it's a ridiculous argument that dies quickly, but it's popped up before... sometimes I miss nvr lol.

Fangirl still denies being Nvr. I actually came on well after both were banned but have had the misfortune of coming across her a couple other areas.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 05:18 AM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

He could sneak up on him, sure. It would be a bad idea though.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:23 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He could beat Wolvie in a battle too

Old Post May 24th, 2019 01:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
LMAO so that's why "printer ink" is listed as a weakness of his in the handbook

Daniel Way had no respect for Logan, lol.

But to be fair, Bucky still got assraped there. Not a point DS is trying to make, ik, just saying.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yah. Wolvie went feral and had Bucky at his mercy.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:47 PM
DarkSaint85

Martian Manhunter (who Batman has snuck past) is not only one of the world's best telepaths, he also has 14 other senses:

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 11:38 AM
Bentley
Seitei

As I see it Joker would likely sneak up on Logan too

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 11:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Martian Manhunter (who Batman has snuck past) is not only one of the world's best telepaths, he also has 14 other senses:

he was also easily skimming through the minds of everyone on earth in the same issuethumb up

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 12:27 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

I think so, one thing about Wolverine is he isn't very smart

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 10:59 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote