KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Angry Man boycotts...

Angry Man boycotts...
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry Man boycotts...

Will Star Wars "the rise of Skywalker" have an angry man boycott that makes virtually no difference to the overall box office but that somehow manages to tiresomely dominate online chatter for months either side of the film’s release.

Thoughts about these Incels?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 09:20 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Whatever happened to that female free Star Wars ep.8 film?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 09:36 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Will Star Wars "the rise of Skywalker" have an angry man boycott that makes virtually no difference to the overall box office but that somehow manages to tiresomely dominate online chatter for months either side of the film’s release.

Tbh the incel stuff is pretty much a excuse for people to use to deflect the criticism from the movie for it being piss poor imo. It’s got to the point you can’t called a movie poor because you’re labelled racist, fascist , homophobic or whatever other label they want to throw at you . I know plenty of guys, mates from my gym etc myself included who thought the movie was poor and it’s pretty clear the Feminist /SJW agenda was getting pushed in that movie trying to that most if not all male characters are buffoons and useless. He’ll just look at the same thing happening In terminator and Bond. I’m all for balance/equality etc but they way all this is happening on such a lefty agenda is destroying great francises.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 10:39 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe it's just me, I quite enjoyed Ms Marvel and the two Star Wars films. I guess I enjoyed Modesty Blaise, Charlie's Angel's and the Bionic Woman. I definately enjoyed Ripley in the Alien films etc.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 10:55 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm sure if The Rise of Skywalker under-performs, Disney will have a plethora of excuses rather than admit that it just wasn't as good as it should have been. Like Last Jedi, people will blame the Russians or the Incels or something similar rather than own up to the very real problems that end up costing Disney the allmighty dollar they love so much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 12:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The box office already went down massively for The Last Jedi. So not sure why you think the continued poor quality cant effect the box office when it already has done.

That said, they are doing everything to boost the box office for this one. From promising it to be the final Skywalker film, to bringing back Palpatine. So we shall see how it fairs.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 12:50 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Maybe it's just me, I quite enjoyed Ms Marvel and the two Star Wars films. I guess I enjoyed Modesty Blaise, Charlie's Angel's and the Bionic Woman. I definately enjoyed Ripley in the Alien films etc.
I’ve got no problem with all female cast/strong female characters etc, but whe it’s done for the sake of a agenda/political stance it’s just down right stupid. As you said Ripley in Aliens is great as is Sarah Connor from the first Terminator movies. Another example of how to portray a strong female character is Eoywn for a Lord of the rings.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 01:37 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Tbh the incel stuff is pretty much a excuse for people to use to deflect the criticism from the movie for it being piss poor imo. It’s got to the point you can’t called a movie poor because you’re labelled racist, fascist , homophobic or whatever other label they want to throw at you . I know plenty of guys, mates from my gym etc myself included who thought the movie was poor and it’s pretty clear the Feminist /SJW agenda was getting pushed in that movie trying to that most if not all male characters are buffoons and useless. He’ll just look at the same thing happening In terminator and Bond. I’m all for balance/equality etc but they way all this is happening on such a lefty agenda is destroying great francises.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I’ve got no problem with all female cast/strong female characters etc, but whe it’s done for the sake of a agenda/political stance it’s just down right stupid. As you said Ripley in Aliens is great as is Sarah Connor from the first Terminator movies. Another example of how to portray a strong female character is Eoywn for a Lord of the rings.

Eowyn is a great example: still feminine, but has her own set of skills and wants to make a difference defending the people and country she loves and fulfills a prophecy to beat - in essence - the toughest on-field combatant of the Third Age.

Following current movie-making logic, she should have made all the men in Rohan (Théoden, Eomer, Aragorn, etc.) look like idiots, came up with the wartime strategy for the nation of Rohan, straight-up bodied the Witch King along with half of Sauron's forces on the Pelennor Fields, and became Queen of Gondor and united all the kingdoms after leading the charge at the Black Gate while Aragorn cried in a corner somewhere.

I don't like this grrl power stuff pushed down my throat because it is BAD FOR STORYTELLING. I know Hollywood has leaned left for decades, that's their thing. V for Vendetta is one of my favorite comic book films ever despite it having some rather heavy-handed leftist thematic material. It's when I start getting hit over the head by political stuff in a movie that I can't overlook that makes for trash entertainment.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 02:53 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I see some people are already making excuses in case the movie sucks.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 05:59 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

people will cry and complain regardless.. i suspect the film will do well.. they'll be folks on here whiny and butthurt.. facebook will explode with stupidity.. they'll be whiny butthurt youtubers... won't change anything disney star wars is to stay. he next two trilogies deal wth the old republic so i'm looking forward to those.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 06:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

ShillCucks will ShillCuck.

I will probably see this movie but I won't pay to see it.

Disney is a Child Hating SJW Nazi Camp Now.

They No longer get my Money.

I DO NOT SHILLCUCK to the FascitMouse.

I let others do that.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 07:19 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
people will cry and complain regardless.. i suspect the film will do well.. they'll be folks on here whiny and butthurt.. facebook will explode with stupidity.. they'll be whiny butthurt youtubers... won't change anything disney star wars is to stay. he next two trilogies deal wth the old republic so i'm looking forward to those.
Preach Bruce!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 08:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

If people didn't mass-attack these movies with comments of "feminist agenda!", "political correctness ruins...", "Social Justice strikes again!" and similar comments, but instead critiqued the films fairly for their actual flaws, then Disney and other movie studios would not have that ammo to fire back with.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 09:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Preach Bruce!

just being honest...

Originally posted by Robtard
If people didn't mass-attack these movies with comments of "feminist agenda!", "political correctness ruins...", "Social Justice strikes again!" and similar comments, but instead critiqued the films fairly for their actual flaws, then Disney and other movie studios would not have that ammo to fire back with.

thumb upthumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just being honest...

thumb upthumb up
No, I agree whole heartedly mate. I agree with Rob too.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 09:46 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

there's a difference between disliking a movie and allowing that dislike to dominate your life and shape every aspect of your world view, politics included. that's the type we're discussing, i believe.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 12:01 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
there's a difference between disliking a movie and allowing that dislike to dominate your life and shape every aspect of your world view, politics included. that's the type we're discussing, i believe.
you are completely missing my point. Nowadays the minute you dislike a movie because you think it’s poor the same old excuse get thrown about like I said that you’re a incel , racist etc due to fanboys need been able to expect critism of any kind. For instead i do the think The last Jedi was a piss poor movie, yet posters on here freak out because no matter how good or bad a movie they automatically refuse to critique certain franchises because they have no balls or honesty.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 04:16 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know, will man babies cry "incel" over any critique no matter how valid, like they did with The Last Jedi?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 03:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

you are completely missing my point. Nowadays the minute you dislike a movie because you think it’s poor the same old excuse get thrown about like I said that you’re a incel , racist etc due to fanboys need been able to expect critism of any kind. For instead i do the think The last Jedi was a piss poor movie, yet posters on here freak out because no matter how good or bad a movie they automatically refuse to critique certain franchises because they have no balls or honesty.

Bingo and the thing is no they did not just go after people who disliked the last jedi so much it "shaped every aspect of their life".

Just saying "this movie is shit" has triggered people.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 03:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Angry Man boycotts...

As I've mentioned in other threads before, Star Wars is now dead to me. It died when Lucas sold Lusafilm to Disney. I knew once that happened that eventually it would lead to sjw man-bashing feminist crap being injected into the franchise and I was proven right with the Last Jedi which I didn't personally see but have heard all the criticisms it received. The only SW films that exist to me or ever will exist are episodes 1-6 which I have all on blu-ray.

I'm sure this new upcoming will flop though going by how the true SW fans were so upset over The Last Jedi.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 18th, 2019 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 04:02 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote