KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the scheduling conflicts has always been code for the actor/actress not wanting to do a role

Except Hugo actually is busy, being Elrondin the Amazon LOTR series apparently, so I can understand him not being able to make it back as Smith at the current time, but just delay the movie then if they planned to have him back; is a popular trend with films nowadays.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ I mean, if they go with another agent villain I'm sure there's plenty of other actors out there who could pull off something else great.

And since it's the start of a new (potential) trilogy, I'm okay with it being a bit different. I don't like shoehorning old characters into later installments just because they were in previous installments (like Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate or Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones, etc). It can be awkward and unnecessary, especially when they're so much older. Which is why I'm skeptical about Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. THEY FU#KING DIED!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh shit I forgot Trinity died as well. This could get stupid.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 09:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I read a potential explanation for how they could come back the other day, but didn't save the link. Might look for it again at some point. But I think it had something to do with something from one of the video games, Enter The Matrix or something. Basically it sounded like some avatar was just saved digitally and they existed inside the Matrix. Which seems relatively legit, about the only way it could be legit.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 12:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah okay.

And yes that would be the only legit way outside of time travel shenanigans, which I dont think anyone wants.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 12:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^ I mean, if they go with another agent villain I'm sure there's plenty of other actors out there who could pull off something else great.

And since it's the start of a new (potential) trilogy, I'm okay with it being a bit different. I don't like shoehorning old characters into later installments just because they were in previous installments (like Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate or Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones, etc). It can be awkward and unnecessary, especially when they're so much older. Which is why I'm skeptical about Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. THEY FU#KING DIED!

Oh for sure, don't need Smith returning like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine did in Rise of Skywalker, I'd rather have a fresh take. Just observing that the hero-villain relationship in the original Matrix trilogy is one of the best in film history, so giving Mr. Anderson (or whoever the primary protagonist is) a compelling adversary should again be a top-shelf priority for the Wachowskis.

And FULLY AGREE we don't need a trip down memory lane, Leech. Give us the audience a new look The Matrix universe.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 02:25 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I agree.

Let's just hope they don't fu#k this up. I would think that they wouldn't return to the Matrix films if they didn't have a pretty good reason for doing so. So I'm maintaining hope that they've got a good premise and some good compelling new action to show off.

I don't want it to look like another generic action sequel like Terminator Dark Fate with new technology. The action in that is just rehash of previous installments and basically an unnecessary sequel.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 02:50 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Except Hugo actually is busy, being Elrondin the Amazon LOTR series apparently, so I can understand him not being able to make it back as Smith at the current time, but just delay the movie then if they planned to have him back; is a popular trend with films nowadays.

he isn't THAT busy.. all actors/actresses can make time and go back and forth between productions, in fact some have

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 07:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^ I agree.

Let's just hope they don't fu#k this up. I would think that they wouldn't return to the Matrix films if they didn't have a pretty good reason for doing so. So I'm maintaining hope that they've got a good premise and some good compelling new action to show off.

I don't want it to look like another generic action sequel like Terminator Dark Fate with new technology. The action in that is just rehash of previous installments and basically an unnecessary sequel.

Yes one would think so. Star Wars, Terminator, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters 2016, several franchises have fallen to the thought of "rehash same old stuff for profits from nostalgia" gameplan over the past several years. I don't want The Matrix to fall prey to that same thing.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 03:38 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen something the other day, The Merovingian will be returning back for the 4th film.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 12:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Seen something the other day, The Merovingian will be returning back for the 4th film.

Yeah, I liked him, so I'm cool with it. Seems his character could be explored a bit more and be interesting.

I want to see more of the Machine City. I think that shit was really cool.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 03:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 01:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

maybe she's the villain lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
maybe she's the villain lol

Probably a similar role to Persephone played by Monica Bellucci. That's my guess.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 12:30 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Probably a similar role to Persephone played by Monica Bellucci. That's my guess.

I'm kinda guessing that the whole notion of Matrix 4 was to get the "whole gang" back together again...the script heavily relying on Weaving to reprise his role as Agent Smith.

Now that Weaving can't join, we'll be getting Script B, a very sub-par plot that's been hastily written once Weaving announced he couldn't commit.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 12:52 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm kinda guessing that the whole notion of Matrix 4 was to get the "whole gang" back together again...the script heavily relying on Weaving to reprise his role as Agent Smith.

Now that Weaving can't join, we'll be getting Script B, a very sub-par plot that's been hastily written once Weaving announced he couldn't commit.

Don't say that. Please don't say that. sad

Isn't that what happened with Will Smith and Independence Day 2?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 01:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Bump.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 07:07 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Almost a year away, honestly, have almost zero excitement for this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 11:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I remain cautiously optimistic. Well, maybe cautiously pessimistic. Hm.. heh...

But I liked Cloud Atlas. And Jupiter Ascending, though I admit it has its issues. ha. I appreciate the world they were trying to create, but yes, it definitely comes across as a bit goofy.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 04:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I will watch it out of curiously since I've seen the first 3 and to support Keanu, cos he's a legit solid good dude.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 05:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
Almost a year away, honestly, have almost zero excitement for this.

Yeah same. The Wachowskis (or whatever theyre called now), havent done anything good aside from Matrix and Matrix Reloaded.

Reloaded was bad. And story wise a prequel would probably be better.

But yeah, Keanus great, so theres that.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:27 PM