KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Regardless...I love the Wachowskis for bringing me the Matrix Trilogy. Still in my top 25 movie list.
It's a great trilogy. Reloaded and Revolutions has some of the best fight/battle scenes in all cinema (at least as good as the Battle of Hoth), though for visual novelty and philosophical considerations, I've always been partial to the first film.

"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"
-- Morpheus

Being a life-long lucid dreamer, I love that line.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 18th, 2019 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 07:11 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by dadudemon
Most people hold this opinion but I think Revolutions was the best with The Matrix second and Reloaded as 3. But I loved all 3.

The best story was in Reloaded. A genuine mind f*ck didn't really hit until the second one when The Architect reveals that The One is a recurring theme for Zion. The "souls in a simulation" thing had been done already and in many ways. The "humans as food" story trope is older than cinema.

Yeah, the Trilogy of films as a whole are grossly underappreciated and misunderstood. The story arch is awesome.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 07:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Neil Patrick Harris to be in the 4th movie

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ne...or-the-matrix-4

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 12:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
Neil Patrick Harris to be in the 4th movie

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ne...or-the-matrix-4

You just made my day. Ty!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 01:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, and apparently Yahya Abdul-Mateen II from Aquaman has been cast as well.

I'm still so curious what is going on with this sequel... just hope it doesn't ruin the series..

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 12:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Watch it be a reboot. laughing laughing laughing

And Neil Patrick Harris is the guy who gets killed while shooting agents with dual machineguns:

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:11 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

confused Well when you still got Keanu and Carrie on board, wouldn't be the worst reboot, but would also be pointless. I doubt that's what it is though.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
confused Well when you still got Keanu and Carrie on board, wouldn't be the worst reboot, but would also be pointless. I doubt that's what it is though.

I really hope it is. laughing laughing laughing

That would be fvcking funny. laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:34 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, and apparently Yahya Abdul-Mateen II from Aquaman has been cast as well.

I'm still so curious what is going on with this sequel... just hope it doesn't ruin the series..

If this fourth installment is only HALF as good as the original it’ll still be TWICE as good as the second and third movies, so the series as a whole will still be ahead of the game. thumb up

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 09:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The fight scenes are pretty much the only thing that still hold up with the sequels; are at least fun.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 09:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I liked the second. I feel its rep was pulled down by the third being a 2 part cliffhanger and all.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I would love to see a spin-off of a younger Morpheus

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:57 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I liked the second. I feel its rep was pulled down by the third being a 2 part cliffhanger and all.

It also helped if you watched the short the Final Flight of the Osiris & also played the game Enter the Matrix before seeing the 2nd movie

but unfortunately not alot of people did that.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 05:06 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Release date... 21 May 2021

https://comicbook-com.cdn.ampprojec...-john-wick-4%2F

Apparently the same as John Wick 4... Keanu is gonna be a busy man.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 10:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1219741727449395202?s=21

No Smith? Hard to care now when the best part of the trilogy isnt returning, and scheduling conflicts of all things? Ffs.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 01:37 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1219741727449395202?s=21

No Smith? Hard to care now when the best part of the trilogy isnt returning, and scheduling conflicts of all things? Ffs.

the scheduling conflicts has always been code for the actor/actress not wanting to do a role

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Booooooo...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 01:44 PM
John Murdoch

Dang no Hugo Weaving huh? He also didn't return as Red Skull for negotiating reasons with Marvel, though that turned out to be fine with the Vormir Soul Stone stuff and his acting replacement.

However, Smith was undoubtedly the high point in terms of characters in the Matrix trilogy. One of the best silver screen villains in history.

This makes me wonder: who or what will be the new primary antagonist? The relationship between Smith and Neo was the finest written and acted aspect of the Matrix trilogy, regardless of what anyone thinks of the rest of how the overall plot unfolded.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 07:51 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I mean, if they go with another agent villain I'm sure there's plenty of other actors out there who could pull off something else great.

And since it's the start of a new (potential) trilogy, I'm okay with it being a bit different. I don't like shoehorning old characters into later installments just because they were in previous installments (like Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate or Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones, etc). It can be awkward and unnecessary, especially when they're so much older. Which is why I'm skeptical about Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. THEY FU#KING DIED!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 08:00 PM