KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

trailer looks okay

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 07:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, story wise the sequels were meh, but had some of the best fight scenes in the series, so I have something of a soft spot for them. This Resurrections feels like a soft reboot more than anything though. Has the potential to be a return to form, but it'll likely be successful regardless just off the "it's back!" nostalgia.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 07:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
What exactly is the premise part 4?

Are we pretending the Matrix never existed?

Taking blue pills every day to suppress the memory like the anti-dream pills from Freddy vs. Jason or the anti-emotion pills from Equilibrium?
This is a big Bingo!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 09:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Same, movies like this are ssoooooo much better when you haven't seen everything on the trailer.

I remember the first time I saw the trucks collide at the end of the freeway chase in Reloaded in the theater and my jaw hit the floor.

...and likewise, the first time I heard the Architect's speech, my head was spinning.. haha..

Trailer really doesnt give anything away.

And honestly I needed the trailer to get me intrigued and excited. As just hearing they are doing another Matrix with Neo didnt quite really do that for me.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 09:53 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks like another semi-sequel/reboot.

Guess it makes sense for the Matrix but still rather disappointing to see.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 01:24 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Well I'm confused, is this it or another teaser for the teaser?

Either way, I think my appetite is wet enough...

"When it comes to that fantastic note when the rabbit bites his own head off, I want you to throw that f*cking radio into the tub with me."

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 01:49 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I am Ahab!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 11:34 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
What exactly is the premise part 4?

Are we pretending the Matrix never existed?

Taking blue pills every day to suppress the memory like the anti-dream pills from Freddy vs. Jason or the anti-emotion pills from Equilibrium?

no one actually knows.. HOWEVER it looks like a reboot

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 07:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

im guessing neo was born again in a later version of the matrix, and it will turn out that the "chosen one" was just neo over and over. boring, simple, predictable, and stupid, so probably true

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 07:43 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Word is that he's actually much older as shown by his bald reflection in one of the scenes in the trailer. Apparently Mateen's Morpheus is a programme recreation designed to make Neo break free of his control. I'm guessing there is some kind of civil war between the machines and one faction thinks they can use Neo to win.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 08:11 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I barely remember the third film, was forgettable, but didn't Neo destroy the Matrix in the real world and therefore all the machines at the end of 3?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 08:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Nah. He wiped out the Smith infestation of the Matrix for the machines to stop them destroying Zion

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 08:43 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah, don't remember. 2 and 3 are a blur.

Maybe they can do a spin for 4 where it turns out Neo was a machine all along and humans are the slavers and he has to break free and remember he's a robot if he's to save all robotkind.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sounds like you all need a refresher on the Matrix Trilogy...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 10:01 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lol, e'ery body hates on the Matrix sequels but they don't understand or remember them. 🙄

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 10:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

The problem with the sequels was the real world stuff. Far too many characters played by far too many mediocre actors. Some of the performances were laughably bad. Bane (what if I did it. What if pushed that button 😬wink , The Kid (he did it, the war is over...the war is over 😬wink Councillor Hamann.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 11:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

was i supposed to just appreciate all the ethnic diversity and friendly coexistence in zion, while ignoring the fact that they've obviously been avoiding interracial breeding? what was up with that

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 12:09 AM
ares834

Lol, e'ery body hates on the Matrix sequels but they don't understand or remember them. 🙄

Uh... Yeah. The people who disliked them probably haven't bothered rewatching them or even retaining what they watched.

I liked Reloaded BTW.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 03:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I doubt thats true for "e'ery body".
Sometimes bad movies are just bad movies. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 04:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I haven't heard that excuse in years.

I mean, sure, some people that didn't like them didn't understand them, but far too many people used the "you just don't understand it!" excuse to try and dismiss any criticism at all. And a lot of that criticism was valid.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 07:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote