KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coronavirus

Coronavirus
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (504): « First ... « 237 238 [239] 240 241 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
:no Truly it has reached ludicrous levels now.

It has been ludicrous. His credibility was shot the moment he cited the AAPS. It is over now.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:58 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It has been ludicrous. His credibility was shot the moment he cited the AAPS. It is over now.
I think so, the studies from 2011 were bad enough as was the dismissal of the obvious reduction in rates of transmission where masks were worn but the aaps reference was shocking. I mean we are all semi used to his misrepresenting data. But, yes, his credibility is now shot.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Trump Administration Orders Hospital Systems To Report COVID-19 Data Directly To HHS, Bypassing CDC

Trump Administration Strips CDC of Control of Coronavirus Data
“The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all Covid-19 patient information to a central database in Washington beginning on Wednesday. The move has alarmed health experts who fear the data will be politicized or withheld from the public.
-snip

Seems Trump's trying to better dictate what the public knows about Covid-19.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Trump Administration Orders Hospital Systems To Report COVID-19 Data Directly To HHS, Bypassing CDC

Trump Administration Strips CDC of Control of Coronavirus Data
“The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all Covid-19 patient information to a central database in Washington beginning on Wednesday. The move has alarmed health experts who fear the data will be politicized or withheld from the public.
-snip

Seems Trump's trying to better dictate what the public knows about Covid-19.
OMG... Can't wait to see the misinformation regurgitated via Facebook on here by the Trumper crew. no Ffs!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:34 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Why the bypass? Why not have the data continue to go to both the CDC and HHS so they can both dissect it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why the bypass? Why not have the data continue to go to both the CDC and HHS so they can both dissect it.
Control and misinformation, its 5 months to November. People are wise to him. I mean I loved K pop and Tick tock wrecking him but he is still the would be dictator heading for an election.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:56 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by dadudemon
[B]I know you're trolling as this is just your way of trolling. But, I'll take it seriously just in case anyone but you is interested in the actual science.

Pointing out your own quotes contradict the studies you're citing is trolling?

quote:
Yes I most certainly did rebut your argument - stop dodging. Additionally, it's random controlled trials, not random trials controlled.

I'll be sure to chastise myself for such a heinous act of not checking my auto correct.

quote:
The "Outdated Study" fallacy, huh? The burden is on you to prove that the studies are outdated or irrelevant.

All are 2009 and newer except a single reference to pooling data on the flu since 1946 and that's a reference by the CDC themselves.

Mines are newer. 🖕Up ye!

Let's go down your study piece by piece (some studies they use are also used in the meta-analysis I cited which is kind of hilarious):

quote:
What this study is not: proof that the general public benefits from wearing masks.
From the actual studies used in this metaanalysis:

Hand Hygiene + Masks:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...191274/#bib0012

Not an RCT and was based on self-reporting. And they conclude with a spurious claim:

From that link

quote:
Most of these randomised controlled trials used different interventions and outcome measures. In the community, masks appeared to be effective with and without hand hygiene

I may get around to doing the rest later. But you know me. I put as little effort into these boards as possible.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:57 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/loca...ucks-on-standby

quote:
"We had 14 patients die over the weekend, plus other non-COVID patients, so there's nowhere to put them. Which sounds terrible but it's true," Dr. Davis said.

lol, what?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:10 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
i again agree 100%, I enjoy DDM'S Scifi, he is KMC's Jules Verne, however, his go to when he gets caught out (which is 90% of the time) is accusing people of trolling. It's simply fact checking tbh.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/loca...ucks-on-standby

lol, what?
"City health officials are sounding the alarm on another potential problem as COVID-19 cases continue to surge in San Antonio: We're running out space to store the bodies of victims." -snip

Seems they're running out of cadaver storage units. Hospitals tend to have them in the morgue in the lower levels. So they're considering renting refrigerated trucks.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:14 PM
dadudemon

Nope. Go back and look. I swear it's not hard to read the thread.

Mines are newer. 🖕Up ye!

No they are not. I have some from 2020. smile

And some overlap - same studies are used.

From that link

From the study:

quote:
Methods: A randomized intervention trial

...Generalized models estimated rate ratios for clinically diagnosed or survey-reported ILI weekly and cumulatively.

Face mask use alone showed a similar reduction in ILI compared with the control group, but adjusted estimates were not statistically significant.

no expression

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

From the study:

no expression
Jaden mate, word of advice you are welcome to ignore, apart from the cult of DDM everyone knows his game, you have proved your point as did Sorgo and I. It's hardly worth DDM wasting more of your time fact checking his fake news.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:25 PM
dadudemon

"City health officials are sounding the alarm on another potential problem as COVID-19 cases continue to surge in San Antonio: We're running out space to store the bodies of victims." -snip

Seems they're running out of cadaver storage units. Hospitals tend to have them in the morgue in the lower levels. So they're considering renting refrigerated trucks.

I was just shocked that 14 deaths caused them to be overwhelmed over just 1 weekend. Bexar County (where San Antonio is) is huge. SA is the 7th largest city in the US.

Only 14 new deaths caused them to run out of cadaver storage in hospitals?

Pretty sure that during the height of flu season, more people die each day in Bexar county - and that's every single year.

Either San Antonio has an abnormal number of non-COVID-19 deaths or this is just one hospital and it's being sensationalized.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 15th, 2020 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's the extra deaths. Maybe the hospital is smaller and can't handle the extra bodies. Maybe the mortuary services in the area are overwhelmed and can't make regular pick-ups. Dunno.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:37 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

From the study:

no expression

So I'm not trolling now?

Good. Glad we cleared that up.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Only 14 new deaths caused them to run out of cadaver storage in hospitals?

They should just call in backfire. He'll know how to deal with that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:47 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
i again agree 100%, I enjoy DDM'S Scifi, he is KMC's Jules Verne, however, his go to when he gets caught out (which is 90% of the time) is accusing people of trolling. It's simply fact checking tbh.

And double-down and type walls of text that nobody reads.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:52 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
And double-down and type walls of text that nobody reads.
That is his plan B, usually given affirmation by Surt who usually hasn't a clue what's going on. Then he gets sparky like with Lord Lucien and Raptor.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:54 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They should just call in backfire. He'll know how to deal with that.

Soak them in warm oil and they become pliable, allow greater efficiency in storage.

Cutting them up into small pieces also helps.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 09:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I was thinking more along the lines of cannibalism.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 09:02 PM