KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I remember theyre ending the current continuity of these animated films somewhere too.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 06:10 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
I remember theyre ending the current continuity of these animated films somewhere too.

That’s good, most of them suck, imo. Do you know if they are going back to the old Timmverse?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 06:14 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
I have to disagree I think they are pretty solid. They all aren't equal, but I still. I also have no problem if there is only a small amount of people who enjoy these films. Clearly enough people enjoy them that DC keeps making more. They wouldn't do that if they weren't making money from this.

And if this film comes out on May 5th like it is set to do it might actually benefit from people being in lockdown(if it is still going). More people will probably order it online when it comes out.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 06:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

JL Dark, the comic, doesn't have the actual JLA for sheer star power and appeal, unlike the direct to video releases.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 04:19 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

True.
The JL is on the book because DC likes to stick JUSTICE on every team book regardless of it applying or not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 08:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If DC was planning a team up between Constantine and the Justice League(as is happening in Apokolips War) it makes sense why they'd have more league members in the first movie. Though it was mostly cameos besides Batman. And they shoved a bat of Bat-fanboyism in there too with how he handled Green Lantern.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 12:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like DC's animated elseworlds movies too. Red Son was good. I also liked Justice League Gods and Monsters.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 02:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This was enjoyable.

Some of the VA work was annoying, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 5th, 2020 at 01:15 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2020 01:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn I had forgotten, unfortunately I won't be getting it until Monday sad

Old Post May 5th, 2020 05:28 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will watch on friday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2020 06:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watching this later tonight, will leave a quick review. Hope it's good, the DC animated films have been on a downward slope mostly.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 5th, 2020 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It's pretty nice.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 04:35 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

it was ok but i liked the ending. very somber.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 01:04 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Poor Stewart tho....I kinda felt he had time though.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 01:10 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This was just okay, felt like the Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox with all the fighting and the doom-and-gloom setting, but not nearly as good.

I assume this ends the DCAMU?

Last edited by Robtard on May 6th, 2020 at 05:11 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2020 05:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Constantine/King Shark connection though... I have so many questions.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 05:31 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I laughed. I think it was just a goof thrown in there for fun. But yes, how did that work out...

Old Post May 6th, 2020 05:36 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Robtard
This was just okay, felt like the Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox with all the fighting and the doom-and-gloom setting, but not nearly as good.

I assume this ends the DCAMU?

I think so since Flash went back in time, yet again. So could be a reboot later on.

On another note, was it just me or did the Paradooms seem inconsistant?

Also I feel like Swamp Thing shoulda reacted....well a lot sooner given that Earth and by extension the Green was being killed.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 06:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

They did. One minute they're taking shots from Superman and Martian Manhunter and tearing apart Aquaman and Shazam. Then we see them being taken down by street-levels like Batgirl.

Swampy seemed kinda retarded in this. Like legit mentally retarded.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 07:00 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Robtard
They did. One minute they're taking shots from Superman and Martian Manhunter and tearing apart Aquaman and Shazam. Then we see them being taken down by street-levels like Batgirl.

Swampy seemed kinda retarded in this. Like legit mentally retarded.

Speaking of, I know we saw a lot of people die, but Batgirl was really something when she screamed "no!" and we see an arm get torn off.

Speaking of the Bats, did we see how Kate die? I don't recall her scene.

Also that one in the blue armored Batsuit, that was..Fox? I recall something about in the comics, that there was a blue Batsuit and it was him.

Shazam went out like a boss though. I'm pretty sure Swamp Thing is alive, guy is suppose to be immortal from what I recall.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 07:44 PM