KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
People really had to bring trump into the gaming thread?

Maybe Trump Supporters need to stop being submissive GayMen...

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 04:45 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Before black Friday thread for entirely off topic-- my favorite games of all time were the age of empires, empire earth type, but as time went on, they became a lot less about strategy, and way more about grinding...

The graphics even stopped getting better. Anyone know of any modern games the equivalent of an empire earth original?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 10:28 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elite Dangerous free on Epic next week.

Never interested enough to buy it, but will gladly take it and play the hfil out of it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 12:21 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Lestov16

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 01:06 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

On a solid Everspace run to beat the DNA game. Sticking to a plan of avoiding unnecessary diversions, and its paying off.

99% of my runs end because I try and explore EVERYTHING, and this game punishes unnecessary exploring.

"Oh, there was an M3 rocket turret just under that cliff, for some reason."

"Huh, didn't notice that Maurader there."

"Guess I really shouldn't have explored that mine field, next to that elite Corvette that warped on top of me."

Now I have my weapons, I got my devices, I take no chances. Get in, get the easy pickings, get the heck out.

I'm also using glyphs and subroutines to spice things up. My Scout has Daredevil, which gives INFINITE ENERGY on all main weapons. Plus a 25 percent damage boost. Neat, right?

But comes at the cost of shields. That's a pretty big handicap on a Scout (Having an extra device slot after scrapping the shield generator somewhat makes up for that though.)

To make up the difference, using Shadow Strike. At a cost of 25 hp to engage Cloak, I can attack all I want.

Throw Leech on top of it, and I net 20 hp per kill, so it pays off (I'm prohibited from using nano's to directly heal, but with my strategy if I'm taking any damage at all, I'm doing it wrong)

All in all its been a fun run.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 09:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tbh, I don't even mind the DNA fetch quest. The idea of fighting yourself is kind of interesting.

What could have made it a lot better though, is if the AI learned to use your tactics. They did that in one of the PS2 Armored Core's, and a fighting game or two.

I just hope the final boss is worth it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 10:47 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by cdtm
Tbh, I don't even mind the DNA fetch quest. The idea of fighting yourself is kind of interesting.

What could have made it a lot better though, is if the AI learned to use your tactics. They did that in one of the PS2 Armored Core's, and a fighting game or two.

I just hope the final boss is worth it.

Defeating final boss Trump WILL be worth it cool ....

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 11:00 PM
truejedi

Anybody play fallout 1 or 2, or civilization 2? Turn based strategy games are maybe my favorite of all time. Wasn't KOTOR also turn based?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 11:19 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by truejedi
Anybody play fallout 1 or 2, or civilization 2? Turn based strategy games are maybe my favorite of all time. Wasn't KOTOR also turn based?

KOTOR was turned based, sort of. Loved it.

I don't like the turn based "move to certain places on the map per turn" games, though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 12:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by NemeBro
Do you have the DLC?
YES I DO. **** SISTER FRIEDE.

I CAN GET TO PHASE THREE BUT (oops, caps) goddamn it, goddamn it. Okay, Abyss Watchers were fine once I worked it out. I got back into DS3 hardcore last 3 weeks.

But ****ing. sister. friede.

phase 3. ****ing. *****.

can't even get to the ringed city. I can't even beat the nameless king.

DS3 is defeating me.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 12:50 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BSzYLvCxs

Just found this fan game. Looks pretty good.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 04:08 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Lestov16

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 04:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
KOTOR was turned based, sort of. Loved it.

I don't like the turn based "move to certain places on the map per turn" games, though.

Eh no. Not technically turn based. FF7 is a turn based RPG.

Kotor you can pause, give out commands, and have characters attacking at the same time.

Not turn based. Just like Baldur's Gate is not turn based, tho the gay 3rd one is.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BSzYLvCxs

Just found this fan game. Looks pretty good.

Interesting.

Looks similar to Super Castlevania.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 10:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Eh no. Not technically turn based. FF7 is a turn based RPG.

Kotor you can pause, give out commands, and have characters attacking at the same time.

Not turn based. Just like Baldur's Gate is not turn based, tho the gay 3rd one is.

I figure pausing and queuing up attacks made it a turn based RPG.

But I went back and looked at gameplay and it is not turn based at all. There's dice rolls, speed, attack, etc. But not really turn based.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 10:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it's based on stats, etc.

What reason would there be to be able to pause during battle if it was turn based?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 11:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One time playing the kotor sequel this guy came and said my ship was actually his.

It turned out he was right. So I made him commit suicide via my mind.

#NoRegrets

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 11:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.wcsaga.com/

Do you like Wing Commander? Want to see a remake of the third game?

This is that. 50 level game, set between Wing Commander 3 and 4. Over 10 years in development, using the Freespace 2 Open Source Project engine. Stand alone installer.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 07:24 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Scribble

I CAN GET TO PHASE THREE BUT (oops, caps) goddamn it, goddamn it. Okay, Abyss Watchers were fine once I worked it out. I got back into DS3 hardcore last 3 weeks.

phase 3. ****ing. *****.

DS3 is defeating me.
What's your build?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 07:49 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Scribble

phase 3. ****ing. *****.

DS3 is defeating me.

Grind. I find the best thing to do in these games when you hit a wall it to level up several times rather than waste your time repeatedly dying and getting very frustrated. Or just summon a phantom to help.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 08:02 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote