KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your laptop won't be powerful enough to run any good game decently.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:33 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's good enough for the games I play. Mostly older games like Doom 2016, platformers and shooters like Hollow Knight and Cuphead, or when I do game heavier stuff like Hitman it runs ok in low settings. Mostly.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

What CPU and graphics card is in your PC, or just tell me the make and model.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:40 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Amd ryzen 7, Vega 10.

The Vega 11 is about 40% better, but wasn't out when I got this.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is the make and model of the laptop and what year did you purchase it and what ports do you plan on using for a display adapter.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:44 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's an HP. The model is back home, can check it later.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:58 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know you have a 720p vizio tv right? it might run it ok depending on the display port.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:59 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
i know you have a 720p vizio tv right? it might run it ok depending on the display port.

Samsung.

I also have a 4k Roku TV and a 1080p Samsung, I prefer the 720p for gaming because lower res looks better on it (My PS2 and PS1 actually looks better on it compared to the CRT I got rid of)

The only system that looks worse on it is the Gamecube. I don't know why, but the brightness levels need to be cranked way up to see anything, and then everything looks washed out.

I still play games on it, but kind of wish I had a backwards compatibility Wii for the components.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 09:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Some good news, one of the games I've talked about a lot on here is free next week(Tyranny). Pillars of Eternity is also free:

Epic Games Store Makes Two Massive Obsidian RPGs Free Next Week

The trailer:

This was the week for this. This is probably the last day to get these for free if anyone wants them

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 09:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wednesday is the last day.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 09:25 PM
NemeBro

I as a rule get every free game on the Epic Games Store tbh. Even if I never play it who cares? It's not like I bought it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same here, for the same reasons.

Did miss a few, when I just didn't feel like computer gaming at all for awhile. Nothing I really cared about either way.

Guacamole is the only one I regret missing, and that was a Humble store.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:33 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of which, its currently 70% off for the Super Turbo edition and Gold edition.

No idea what thw difference is, but probably gonna go Super Turbo.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah never a reason to give up a free game, never know when u might wanna play it.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe I won't buy Guacamelee after all. Looking at Youtube videos, I dunno.. It's no Hollow Knight.

If I want a whimsical platformer, I can just play Rayman Origins/Legends/Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 11:48 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by cdtm
So if you're gaming on a laptop, do you prefer using it as a laptop, or plugging it into a tv and treating it like a console.

I normally do the latter, but some games aren't really designed for it (Looking at you, Dragon Age Origins)

And before someone asks, yes, I have a wireless keyboard, and I refuse to touch that thing (Don't ask)

My primary pc now is a Lenovo Legion laptop. I just game on it in normal laptop mode with a mouse attached. Runs everything fine. It’s not ultra high end but it can run any new game. It meets the recommended requirements for cyberpunk for instance. Has. GeForce 1660ti and an intel cpu from last year but the model escapes me. 16 gigs of ram. Ssd.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 01:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd be happy using a laptop in the bed, but not when the dogs over (Sisters, we dog sit when she's busy with her signature cup business). She sleeps with the humans, which meane something as big as a laptop is at risk of being barreled over.

Checked out the webpage, they're reasonably priced for a gaming laptop.

Compared to Alienwares, especially.

I'm relatively happy with the Ryzen 7 I'm using. I doubt it can handle Cyberpunk though, Hitman 2016 chugs in heavy combat scenes, Monster Hunter World is beyond it, ain't happening.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 01:47 AM
StoptheSteal
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anybody here use VR?

Is it any good yet?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 02:26 AM
StoptheSteal is currently offline Click here to Send StoptheSteal a Private Message Find more posts by StoptheSteal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bought Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition on GoG. It supports 4 player Coop, if anyone has it (It was free on Humble Store, which I missed) or is inclined to buy it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 10:00 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Samsung.

I also have a 4k Roku TV and a 1080p Samsung, I prefer the 720p for gaming because lower res looks better on it (My PS2 and PS1 actually looks better on it compared to the CRT I got rid of)

The only system that looks worse on it is the Gamecube. I don't know why, but the brightness levels need to be cranked way up to see anything, and then everything looks washed out.

I still play games on it, but kind of wish I had a backwards compatibility Wii for the components.

I’m sure you are good

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 10:04 PM