KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The chemistry between Pat and Courtney is good. Let's be real for a minute though, how obvious would it be to a super villain who Stargirl and Captain Autism (Dr. Midnite) are? They really need new costumes, as far as I can tell Stargirl is the only white girl in town with blonde curls and I haven't seen an abundance of short, dumpy black girls with short hair and a distinctive speech pattern either. Wildcat and Hourman are suitably covered up I think (Pat too of course) but the other two are just asking for it.

What are the chances that Wildcat will telepathically 'overhear' the girl who shared her picture admitting to doing it?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 01:24 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
The chemistry between Pat and Courtney is good. Let's be real for a minute though, how obvious would it be to a super villain who Stargirl and Captain Autism (Dr. Midnite) are? They really need new costumes, as far as I can tell Stargirl is the only white girl in town with blonde curls and I haven't seen an abundance of short, dumpy black girls with short hair and a distinctive speech pattern either. Wildcat and Hourman are suitably covered up I think (Pat too of course) but the other two are just asking for it.

What are the chances that Wildcat will telepathically 'overhear' the girl who shared her picture admitting to doing it?
How old is the actress who plays Courtney before I suggest she wears less?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 10:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
How old is the actress who plays Courtney before I suggest she wears less?

brec is 21

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 10:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

latest episode was pretty good.. stargirl, wildcat, dr. midnite and hourman had to learn humility which in the nd they did. pat also was pretty good in the ep as well

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
brec is 21

mmmm yes she IS! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 08:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

latest episode was pretty good.. stargirl, wildcat, dr. midnite and hourman had to learn humility which in the nd they did. pat also was pretty good in the ep as well

It’s a tough lesson for heroes to learn.
Arguably Stargirl already got some of that big time, at the bus incident though.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 08:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought that too, if Courtney is 15 then we're to assume Yolanda is 15 also, but I suppose writers put things like that in to perhaps dissuade young girls from doing it IRL rather than make sense to the rest of us.

Quite possible.

Do you mean Brainwave's son? As I don't think Yolanda is telepathic.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dr. Mid nite needs to bust out the blackout bombs and bootie owl or something, cuz right now she’s gonna get her ass killed!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:03 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by -Pr-
Quite possible.

Do you mean Brainwave's son? As I don't think Yolanda is telepathic.

Yeah, that's it, got my wires crossed when I posted. My initial thought was he'd overhear her thinking about how gullible he is, then he attacks and possibly kills her, sending him to the darkside.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 06:27 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
It’s a tough lesson for heroes to learn.
Arguably Stargirl already got some of that big time, at the bus incident though.

i wanna know now who who play green lantern,,,

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 06:47 PM
riv6672

^^^Same.

I’m curious about -all- the JSAers actually!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 06:55 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe the mean girl?

She's getting a spot, mark my words.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 07:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe the mean girl?

yea i can see that happening

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 09:14 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Maybe the mean girl?

The mean girl is Shiv, Stargirls arch nemisis. Courtney's Joker/Lex Luthor/Capt Cold. They certainly are NOT giving her a spot in the JSA. Why would you include a character who is thenheroes prime arch nemisis and make them a team mate

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 09:27 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

brec is 21
thumb up I suggest she wears less.
Originally posted by riv6672
mmmm yes she IS! stick out tongue
thumb up
i wanna know now who who play green lantern,,,
me too
Originally posted by beatboks
The mean girl is Shiv, Stargirls arch nemisis. Courtney's Joker/Lex Luthor/Capt Cold. They certainly are NOT giving her a spot in the JSA. Why would you include a character who is thenheroes prime arch nemisis and make them a team mate
thumb up

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 09:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Shiv looked hot as a vampire, though!
But no, she shouldn’t be on the team.

So hot, though.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 10:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Shrugs* Ask Avatar the Last Airbender.

Never read Stargirl, so no idea who's who, or if they're even deviating from comic lore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 10:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

*Shrugs* Ask Avatar the Last Airbender.

Never read Stargirl, so no idea who's who, or if they're even deviating from comic lore.

So far the Courtney, Pat and Stars and Stripe stuff is extremely close to the comic lore. Only the extended JSA stuff has changed. Cindy is the daughter of Dragon king, who confirmed hes already worked on her. In the comcis she is cybernetically enhanced and Court's arch foe. The janitor should be Shining knight (Sir Justin) who has amnesia from the 7 soldier's time displaced adventure vs Nebula man. He should regain his memory when he sees stargirl and Shiv fight for the first time (which based on promos and episode name is next episode) of they follow the comics.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 10:26 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So when she was dueling sportsmaster, how much do you think the rod helped her out with her moves?

Since it seems as much a character ae anyone.

Was it like that in the comic?

And making a prediction, the rod lets Pat Dugan use it in a time of great need. Just once. Then it comically refuses to budge for him. Whether that happens in the comic or not, I bet it happens on the show.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 25th, 2020 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 05:07 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

So when she was dueling sportsmaster, how much do you think the rod helped her out with her moves?

Since it seems as much a character ae anyone.

Was it like that in the comic?

And making a prediction, the rod lets Pat Dugan use it in a time of great need. Just once. Then it comically refuses to budge for him. Whether that happens in the comic or not, I bet it happens on the show.

In the stars and stripe comic Courtney didn't actually have the rod she only had the cosmic converter belt. She didn't get the rod until after the JSA run (when Jack knight gave up eing Starman and passed it on). While her character and that of stripe / Pat is being done very true character, and most of the character storylines fornher Cindy/Shiv are true to the stars and stripe comic that aspect isn't.

There was a crossover with Silver Surfer where it was referenced with the power her Rod uses is the same cosmic power used by the Silver surfer. In another storyline (and several tellings of origin) Ted night discovered this energy that linked all stars and celestial bodies and used it as a power source for the rod, somehow syncing the rod to it.

It was able to be mentally controlled by both Jack and Courtney from a distance, but didnt show life of its own

Last edited by beatboks on Jun 27th, 2020 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 03:09 AM