KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And Archie Bunker is awesome.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snowdragon
Total BS, I still love sanford and son laughing wink
It's a Stewart Lee Quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnr4qMRUCQ

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:55 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those shows could never get made today.

Hell even back then they tried to censor shows like that, called it "family hour censorship". But they went to court, etc. and prevailed.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Those shows could never get made today.

Hell even back then they tried to censor shows like that, called it "family hour censorship". But they went to court, etc. and prevailed.
I'm not sure different strokes would get made today, as a teen of the same age, I quite fancied the girl who died of a drug overdose on that.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:01 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Blazing Saddles has recently been the subject of PC snowflake YouTubers and how it's a "hate film".

Like, they didn't even see the film if they call it a hate film.

It's about overcoming hate and being friends.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Blazing Saddles has recently been the subject of PC snowflake YouTubers and how it's a "hate film".

Yeah, I don't see Blazing Saddles as a hate film at all. Mel Brooks is a jew isn't he?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show them the movie "Soul Man" with C. Thomas Howell. Make sure a couch is nearby for them to faint on.

Wait no, let them just faint onto the floor.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:08 PM
Impediment
Endless

I haven't seen Soul Man since I was a kid in the 80s.

F*ck, I feel old now.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So, why isn't RDJ getting slammed for Tropic Thunder?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"a black negro?"

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So wait, looking into more detail on JK Rowling's new book...the new book is about a detective going after a serial killer who is a man who dresses up as a woman and targets women specifically.

The character is being called a transvestite not transgender, even in articles crying about it. Some of these same articles highlight the backlash from trans people though so I guess transgender people are craving something to get outraged over.

I don't see the issue, also since the killer goes after just women why isn't the book being slammed for misogyny too?

These cry baby articles do delightfully show her other "anti trans" stuff in books. Like in a different book with the same detective where he says to an actual transgender person that prison will be hard for them "especially pre op". Oh and I guess just the fact this actual trans person is villainous is also transphobic.

Lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 15th, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 10:17 AM
SquallX

So, why isn't RDJ getting slammed for Tropic Thunder?

Pretty sure he did.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 11:39 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Ah, so the snowflakes were lying about the character being trans. why must the crybabies also be liars?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 12:10 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." -George Carlin

#RIPJKRowking is trending. She’s not dead, but her career may be after she dared to voice her civil and non-hostile opinion. Now she’s being turned into a pariah by lunatics who’s senses of reality are as distorted as a Pablo Picasso painting.

And the people who are frothing at the mouth and clamoring for her career’s demise, the “Woke Brigade”, they’re nastier and more viciously intolerant than anyone they preach about.

One person’s rights and opinions don’t end where another persons level of offense begins, you know?

FYI, anyone who knows me knows that I'm absolutely NOT anti-trans or transphobic. I'm simply trying to convey my opinion of fascist people demanding that everyone think like them for fear of being turned into an intolerant monster of a human. It's bullshit.

This level of thinking and rationale are, in my civil opinion, extremely dangerous and counterproductive.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I hate you. We need to relearn this in our society.

What are your thoughts?

None of this happens in a vaccume.

Every time I see woke brigades or reports of trending mobs, I have to ask who's backing them?

Nothing trends by accident. They're the result of someone making a decision, and pushing a narrative. You don't see 4chan posts trend, for example though their number of posts possibly outnumber your average community.

So who's promoting this stuff? Who decided woke is in? What's their motivation? Do they really feel the majority public is woke as ****? Or do they feel wokeness is reality tv bait, and your average person gets drawn to it for the same reason they watch Big Brother?

Or is the Alt Right "right", about media moguls abusing their positions to promote a political ideology?

Personally, I think media people just want to make money, and would promote Republican values in an instant if that paid more, just like they did in the 1960's and 50's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 02:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I don't see Blazing Saddles as a hate film at all. Mel Brooks is a jew isn't he?
No worse than Django: Unchained.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 02:34 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
Personally, I think media people just want to make money, and would promote Republican values in an instant if that paid more, just like they did in the 1960's and 50's.

Yup

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 02:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur
So wait, looking into more detail on JK Rowling's new book...the new book is about a detective going after a serial killer who is a man who dresses up as a woman and targets women specifically.

The character is being called a transvestite not transgender, even in articles crying about it. Some of these same articles highlight the backlash from trans people though so I guess transgender people are craving something to get outraged over.

I don't see the issue, also since the killer goes after just women why isn't the book being slammed for misogyny too?

These cry baby articles do delightfully show her other "anti trans" stuff in books. Like in a different book with the same detective where he says to an actual transgender person that prison will be hard for them "especially pre op". Oh and I guess just the fact this actual trans person is villainous is also transphobic.

Lol.

Weird Harry Potter spin-off.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 02:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Ah, so the snowflakes were lying about the character being trans. why must the crybabies also be liars?

It's a cult, they live in a different reality because they call it transphobic and then acknowledge it's not a transgender person. And everybody knows when they apply the term transphobic to Rowling they are talking about transgender people and this is being categorized as another attack on them.

J.K. Rowling Proves Her Commitment to Transphobia in Her New Novel

"According to an early review in The Telegraph, Troubled Blood—the fifth installment in Rowling’s Cormoran Strike series written under the pen name Robert Galbraith—deals with the cold case of a woman who disappeared in 1974 and is believed to be the victim of Dennis Creed, “a transvestite serial killer.” (Transvestite is considered an outdated and derogatory term for cross-dressing, which is not the same as being trans.) The review goes on to say, “One wonders what critics of Rowling’s stance on trans issues will make of a book whose moral seems to be: never trust a man in a dress.”

I realize the people who write the articles don't always choose the headlines, but sheesh.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 03:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

Yes, but think about it.

Who do you think made all those racist movies in the first place? White Irish Catholics?

Were they producing films in the 1940's-60's?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 04:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote