KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

So JK Rowling's new book is basically Dressed to Kill?

What a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 05:28 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
So JK Rowling's new book is basically Dressed to Kill?

What a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whatever it is, it's certainly not anti-transgender people.

Didn't the killer from Silence of the Lambs cross dress? Oh no! He didn't just kill people he legit wore their skin I think. Noooo, why god why?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 08:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Impediment
"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." -George Carlin

#RIPJKRowking is trending. She’s not dead, but her career may be after she dared to voice her civil and non-hostile opinion. Now she’s being turned into a pariah by lunatics who’s senses of reality are as distorted as a Pablo Picasso painting.

And the people who are frothing at the mouth and clamoring for her career’s demise, the “Woke Brigade”, they’re nastier and more viciously intolerant than anyone they preach about.

One person’s rights and opinions don’t end where another persons level of offense begins, you know?

FYI, anyone who knows me knows that I'm absolutely NOT anti-trans or transphobic. I'm simply trying to convey my opinion of fascist people demanding that everyone think like them for fear of being turned into an intolerant monster of a human. It's bullshit.

This level of thinking and rationale are, in my civil opinion, extremely dangerous and counterproductive.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I hate you. We need to relearn this in our society.

What are your thoughts?
In my opinion, political correctness is a form of fascism. Any sort of action or censorship which inhibits the expression of ideas is fascism.

In the spirit of your OP, I'd say when political correctness bears adverse consequences for a person's opinion which goes against the MSM narrative or the government's stance on an issue.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 05:16 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

JK Rowling doesn't give a flying fu¢k about people trying to 'cancel' her. She's practically a billionaire. She can say whatever she wants about trans people while writing books under a man's name and there's fu¢k all they can do about it. Even if she never sells another book in her life.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 06:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
JK Rowling doesn't give a flying fu¢k about people trying to 'cancel' her. She's practically a billionaire. She can say whatever she wants about trans people while writing books under a man's name and there's fu¢k all they can do about it. Even if she never sells another book in her life.

Eh, I think she does care though in a way. She used to be a billionaire but isn't anymore because of her generosity. To be fair, given how much money she had that could have just been virtue signaling because it didn't impact her life at all. In fact I can't think of any charity giving celeb who has ever said "you know, I'm gonna have to hold off for a couple years on this new house cuz I'm giving a lot to charity right now".

Anyways, so keeping her generosity in mind if she is doing it to virtue signal it mean she is desperate for attention and thus would indeed mind if she was cancelled. And if she wasn't doing it to virtue signal and actually cares about the causes she gives to then she is just a nice lady who yeah probably doesn't wanna be made persona non grata.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 08:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
Eh, I think she does care though in a way. She used to be a billionaire but isn't anymore because of her generosity. To be fair, given how much money she had that could have just been virtue signaling because it didn't impact her life at all. In fact I can't think of any charity giving celeb who has ever said "you know, I'm gonna have to hold off for a couple years on this new house cuz I'm giving a lot to charity right now".

Anyways, so keeping her generosity in mind if she is doing it to virtue signal it mean she is desperate for attention and thus would indeed mind if she was cancelled. And if she wasn't doing it to virtue signal and actually cares about the causes she gives to then she is just a nice lady who yeah probably doesn't wanna be made persona non grata.

If she cared about the attempts to cancel her she'd be prostrating herself apologising and changing her views to placate them. She doesn't because they can't do anything to her. Granted she doesn't do it in the manner that Ricky Gervais does, but she still doesn't pander to the baying mob because she knows her beliefs aren't bigoted like they claim hers to be.

As for virtue signalling. Giving tons of money is actually doing something. Not just signalling that you're angry about something but want others to deal with it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:10 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay let me rephrase: it's possible she cares and also has dignity.

Thus showing why she hasn't bowed to the idiots.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:12 PM