KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkest Knight & Perpetua vs PR Beyonder & Molecule Man

Darkest Knight & Perpetua vs PR Beyonder & Molecule Man
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Perpetua was a ****ing joke. Beyonder takes out all three of them.

snyder explained in this video perpetua was not at full power for her low showing, context matters.

you should check out this interviewer youtube channel too, you would love it

37 min mark

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 03:41 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by krisblaze
The title says PR, as in PRE RETCON.

The title says PR, which means POST RECTON. You got it pet?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:16 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Originally posted by MrMind
it's still pre retcon, I just messed up my scans order so I asked galan to delete it

Go choke on some watermelon

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 11:53 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Post Retcon. shifty

laughing out loud

Last edited by BrolyBlack on Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:24 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Regular BWL wins lol. Spite.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:39 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

snyder explained in this video perpetua was not at full power for her low showing, context matters.

you should check out this interviewer youtube channel too, you would love it

37 min mark

I know of the Imaginary Axis and I'm not a fan. What he does is what a lot of battleboard wankers do and put an extreme emphasis on statements over feats, while simultaneously cherry-picking which statements to use and which to ignore while spinning his narrative to turn a given cosmology into something more than it actually is.

The interview is an example of this as well because it's clear that he's attempting to push for a concession for certain ideas that Snyder clearly hasn't thought about.

And the faux mathematics of "infinite choices" is a clear case of hyperbole. Because you can't generate infinity from finite elements (that's why the axiom of infinity is an axiom and not a theory), to clarify: you have a finite number of entities capable of making choices in the 52 universes, and they have a finite amount of choices every second over a finite amount of time. While this will generate a large number this number will have the distinct property of being finite. And it's fairly easy to draw a hard-cap on that number because there are studies that examine probability permutations (which are a lot more multiplex than choice, significantly so to more than compensate that the Dark Multiverse spawns from the 52 universes as opposed to one). If you're interested here's an article addressing it.

I don't mind people using the term infinity as hyperbole. As long as it's clearly defined then it can always be addressed. The issue is when Tyler brings up greater transfinite values, which is not at all applicable.

There's also the issue with dimensions that was pure cringe to watch, but I'll save that critique for a rainy day.

That said, if Snyder said that Preptua was weakened then that's a fair argument, but I'm not going to change sides until she actually gets feats that are comparable to the Beyonder's. Because not only did the Beyonder destroy the Multiverse in his fight against the Molecule Man, which was actually infinite. When it comes to dimensions and whatnot, he wasn't a six-dimensional being, he was an infinite-dimensional being.

(please log in to view the image)

I forget exactly where this panel is from, but it's from one of the earlier Secret Wars II issues, I think it's #2 but don't quote me on that.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 19th, 2020 at 01:01 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:59 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Regular BWL wins lol. Spite.

kB is a bit salty about it

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:02 PM
krisblaze

Seriously though, Mr.Mind meant pre retcon, didn't he?

DK and Perpetua don't have the feats to beat pre retcon MM and Beyonder.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:11 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why don’t they?

PR or Post RECTON are the same now, it doesn’t matter what version you want to pick

Also I am prettier sure Galan has said that since the actual RECTON has taken place you can’t inflate their power based prior to RECTON.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:14 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Considering he actually think Perpetua would win it's reasonable to assume that he did.

DK and Perpetua don't have the feats to beat pre retcon MM and Beyonder.

Not only don't they have it it's not even close. Maybe if you pulled out World's Funnest and tried to scale that to inflate Dr. Manhattan's power and Perpetua's power then you'd arrive at the conclusion that they'd win.

Because let's be honest, Mr. Mxyzptlk feat in World's Funnest still has the greatest feat in either Marvel or DC. The issue is that it's questionable whether or not World's Funnest is actually canon (regardless of Hyper-time) and if it is we'd have to assume that either he killed Perpetua at that point or that his explanation of the state of affairs after he supposedly destroyed everything except for Bat-mite and Jay's helm. And that's when the DC multiverse was truly infinite.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:21 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I've always been suspicious of World's Funnest, mainly because the showings there absoltely balloon every other cosmic feat in DC.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:25 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I've always been suspicious of World's Funnest, mainly because the showings there absoltely balloon every other cosmic feat in DC.

Even back in the day it was questioned, because the implication was that he killed the Presence and various other entities higher up the cosmic ladder than himself.

I don't mind using World's Funnest, but the idea that it can be used inflate the power of characters that don't have feats anywhere close to what Mr. Mxyzptlk displayed has always seemed dishonest.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:30 PM
MrMind

I know of the Imaginary Axis and I'm not a fan. What he does is what a lot of battleboard wankers do and put an extreme emphasis on statements over feats, while simultaneously cherry-picking which statements to use and which to ignore while spinning his narrative to turn a given cosmology into something more than it actually is.

The interview is an example of this as well because it's clear that he's attempting to push for a concession for certain ideas that Snyder clearly hasn't thought about.

And the faux mathematics of "infinite choices" is a clear case of hyperbole. Because you can't generate infinity from finite elements (that's why the axiom of infinity is an axiom and not a theory), to clarify: you have a finite number of entities capable of making choices in the 52 universes, and they have a finite amount of choices every second over a finite amount of time. While this will generate a large number this number will have the distinct property of being finite. And it's fairly easy to draw a hard-cap on that number because there are studies that examine probability permutations (which are a lot more multiplex than choice, significantly so to more than compensate that the Dark Multiverse spawns from the 52 universes as opposed to one). If you're interested here's an article addressing it.

I don't mind people using the term infinity as hyperbole. As long as it's clearly defined then it can always be addressed. The issue is when Tyler brings up greater transfinite values, which is not at all applicable.

There's also the issue with dimensions that was pure cringe to watch, but I'll save that critique for a rainy day.

That said, if Snyder said that Preptua was weakened then that's a fair argument, but I'm not going to change sides until she actually gets feats that are comparable to the Beyonder's. Because not only did the Beyonder destroy the Multiverse in his fight against the Molecule Man, which was actually infinite. When it comes to dimensions and whatnot, he wasn't a six-dimensional being, he was an infinite-dimensional being.

I forget exactly where this panel is from, but it's from one of the earlier Secret Wars II issues, I think it's #2 but don't quote me on that.

I thought imaginary axis is cool, the episode on the endless and string theory was amazing

Snyder is retarded in that interview though, he kept mentioning 4th dimension like it’s the sphere of god and forgot 4th dimension is the monitor realm.

Perpetua has feats you just don’t pay attention to them

The 52 universes has long been debunked. Perpetua created a infinite multiverse with higher dimension when she first started. That was the pre-crisis multiverse in her hand
https://imgur.com/LSyXBLs

even current cosmology is inifinite timelines, and that’s ignore the higher realms
https://imgur.com/LY8VPbw

And she was said to be the most feared in the entire omniverse out of all her brothers and sisters.

I’m on the camp that thinks dc cosmology is infinitely bigger than marvel, check out my threads and look, evidences are all there
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...iverse-2016641/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...mology-1903336/

Even lower realm like sphere of gods infinitely dwarfs the thirds dimension multiverse, like orion said mortal universes are insignificant bubbles

Not to mention sphere of gods is nowhere near the top dimension in dc

Where perpetua resided was the 6th dimension, a dimension where infinite multiverses born and die.

The fact that she tore a piece from overvoid monitor mind and shape it into her sons, is insane by itself. Overvoid represents the blank canvas comic books write on
https://imgur.com/a/zpTeQEV

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 04:22 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Considering he actually think Perpetua would win it's reasonable to assume that he did.

Not only don't they have it it's not even close. Maybe if you pulled out World's Funnest and tried to scale that to inflate Dr. Manhattan's power and Perpetua's power then you'd arrive at the conclusion that they'd win.

Because let's be honest, Mr. Mxyzptlk feat in World's Funnest still has the greatest feat in either Marvel or DC. The issue is that it's questionable whether or not World's Funnest is actually canon (regardless of Hyper-time) and if it is we'd have to assume that either he killed Perpetua at that point or that his explanation of the state of affairs after he supposedly destroyed everything except for Bat-mite and Jay's helm. And that's when the DC multiverse was truly infinite.

there is only one mxy across dc medium, so the word 'canon' doesn't affect mxy, i can't believe galan still didn't convince you guys after all these years

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 04:25 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Of course he did.

"PR" is always used for that, same with "PC" for Pre-Crisis, but I digress.

If one wanted to use post-retcon versions, there would be no need to specify, since we're always meant to use the current incarnations unless specified otherwise by the threadstarter.

Plus... there's this post:

it's still pre retcon, I just messed up my scans order so I asked galan to delete it

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 04:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I thought imaginary axis is cool, the episode on the endless and string theory was amazing.

It wasn't. It was a gross misrepresentation physics seemingly based off a pop science article or a documentary. It's a misrepresentation of the Endless as well since they came into existence at the beginning of the universe. Hence why Destiny is the oldest of them, Death the second oldest, and so on. So they're not eternal concepts like Tyler argued.

Snyder is retarded in that interview though, he kept mentioning 4th dimension like it’s the sphere of god and forgot 4th dimension is the monitor realm.

The 4th dimension was the only thing that caught my attention too, because he forgot what he had written and thought that it was the spiritual realm. When he had written it to be time in Justice League #19.

He fumbles to explain the spatial dimensions confusing zero dimensional space (a dot) and one dimensional space (a line) for one dimensional space (a line) and two dimensional space (a plane), there's also the problem with describing three-dimensional space (volume) as "material stuff" but it's a bit more forgiving, and the fourth dimension is as per the metric tensor time.

Perpetua has feats you just don’t pay attention to them

The 52 universes has long been debunked. Perpetua created a infinite multiverse with higher dimension when she first started. That was the pre-crisis multiverse in her hand

That doesn't look particularly infinite to me. Even then it's not clarified that it is the Pre-Crisis Multiverse.

even current cosmology is inifinite timelines, and that’s ignore the higher realms

I'm not going to take vague references over the 52 numbered universes in the multiverse unless there's a specific explanation that ties it together. The main reason for this is because the 52 universes are variations of each other.

In the Orrey of Worlds you have the 52 universes, numbered 0 to 51 and beyond that you have the spheres of the gods, the Speedforce, limbo, and eventually the Source Wall. That's the official explanation we've been given. It's not 100% coherent, but that's comics in general. However, we're still left with Morrison's map that specifically outlines 52 universes.

The Dark Multiverse is tied to the 52 universes. But since it's based off choice and happenstance (not to mention that they're unstable and collapse as frequently as they form) it's also finite.

With the Empty Hand arc we were introduced to different multiverses, but these supposedly existed beyond the Source Wall, i.e. beyond the DC multiverse, and while this may actually be infinite Perpetua didn't create that.

And she was said to be the most feared in the entire omniverse out of all her brothers and sisters.

As far as we know this isn't of any significance. It doesn't say anything specific about her or her abilities.

I’m on the camp that thinks dc cosmology is infinitely bigger than marvel, check out my threads and look, evidences are all there
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...iverse-2016641/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...mology-1903336/

The issue with these explanations is that they rely on Hyper-time (i.e. everything is canon is some way or form) and particular interpretations of vague statements to construct a cosmology that's very different from the one explored in the comics.

And if you follow these models the comics will make even less sense.

Not to mention sphere of gods is nowhere near the top dimension in dc

Where perpetua resided was the 6th dimension, a dimension where infinite multiverses born and die.

The fact that she tore a piece from overvoid monitor mind and shape it into her sons, is insane by itself. Overvoid represents the blank canvas comic books write on
https://imgur.com/a/zpTeQEV

Again, there's very little substance here.

Yes, it takes an infinite number of two dimensional planes (x, y, dz) to construct a three dimensional volume (x, y, z). That's what an integral is: an infinite sum of infinitesimal elements.

But even then you end up with a sixth dimensional Perpetua, and an infinite dimensional Beyonder.

I'm not putting too much emphasis on the dimensionality of these characters. I'd still argue that World's Funnest Mr. Mxyzptlk would beat the Pre-retcon Beyonder based on their actual feats despite the fact that he's a five-dimensional imp.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 19th, 2020 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:06 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

No you

Beyonder and Molecule man were rectoned.

Why don’t they?

PR or Post RECTON are the same now, it doesn’t matter what version you want to pick

Also I am prettier sure Galan has said that since the actual RECTON has taken place you can’t inflate their power based prior to RECTON.

Is there some sort of joke I'm missing or is he just spelling it wrong everytime unironically? That being said, hopefully all of Snyder's work goes the way of Post Rectum Beyonder where it belongs. I wonder what Johns felt when Snyder tried using Manhattan as a Dragon Ball device in his story? The work he spent years delaying.

As Moore rolled in his Vampire like grave.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Is there some sort of joke I'm missing or is he just spelling it wrong everytime unironically?
it reminds me of when he posted pics of himself in those skin tight purple pants, and you could see his "erecton".

the filthy bugger.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 05:47 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbf, Perpetua 'only' created the superstructure/framework of the multiverse. World Forger is who actually filled it with a [trans]infinitude of universes/timelines.

Though the fact that Perpetua can casually whip up a being capable of doing something like that is also telling of her own power, imo.

But even then you end up with a sixth dimensional Perpetua, and an infinite dimensional Beyonder.

I'm not putting too much emphasis on the dimensionality of these characters. I'd still argue that World's Funnest Mr. Mxyzptlk would beat the Pre-retcon Beyonder based on their actual feats despite the fact that he's a five-dimensional imp.
Yeah, dimensional scaling in Marvel and DC is completely different, so comparing the characters based on that alone doesn't really work.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 06:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Team 2

Team 1 need something a bit more than statements

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 06:19 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote