KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats: It's Time to Change Your Racist Policies

Democrats: It's Time to Change Your Racist Policies
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

DDM I remember there was also that discussion about Opiods

Around the time a couple of States had won settlements and judgements re: Legal Challenges. The state of some thing some thing versus Pharmaceutical Companies pushing Opiods.

Around the time I was looking into overprescription and The relationship between Drug Companies and Doctors and Research specifically funding for Research Projects.

The opiod crisis. The opiod scandal. The Insurance Companies The Doctors The Drug Companies.

Recently I was looking into US citizens struggling to buy Insulin.

For many people in the Northern States. The Canadian Pharmacies handily located a leg over the border trading insulin at less than the 10x 20x extortion price it's racketed at in the U.S. are a lifesaver.

UHC has to be rolled out alongside Regulating Drug Companies.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:57 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Re: Drug Problems are Medical Problems.

The Drug Companies which paid out Hundreds of Millions in settlements to The states which took them to court.

They made (and they continue to make) thousands / millions of people drug addicts.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:59 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

About the opiate crisis: has it disparately impacted people of color?

If so, that could point to a policy that was a bit more malicious than just making a simple buck or two. The US has a history of trying to indirectly kill people of color through policies. FDA is not the best of orgs.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 07:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Very good points, dadudemon!

If the Democrats were actually interested in CJS Reform, they would have ended the Drug War before they supported it and started it waaaay back in the day. And they would have ended the Drug War every single year after it took off.

But they didn't. They have voted for measures and provisions at local, state, and national levels, for years, to support the Drug War.

So when the Democrats put on their site:

"It is past time to end the failed "War on Drugs," which has imprisoned millions of Americans—disproportionately Black people and Latinos—and hasn't been effective in reducing drug use."

You know they are 100% full of shit.

Joe Biden does not support MJ legalization:

https://reason.com/2020/07/28/democ...anks-joe-biden/

Harsh CJS policies, actually supported and pushed by Joe Biden, are part of the reason we are in this CJS racism mess to begin with.

https://reason.com/2019/07/23/joe-b...d-by-joe-biden/

Joe Biden is most likely the next president. So Joe Biden is going to change bad policies implemented by...Joe Biden.

So will the Democrats, like Harris and Joe Biden, reverse previous racist positions they held and actually implement CJS Reform? Or will it be more of the same and this is all empty rhetoric?

And this is just the Drug War. What about the destruction of the Black Nuclear Family which is the single biggest sin of the Democratic Party since slavery?

You seem biased towards DDM?

Are you certain you're not a DDM sock, DDM?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 07:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
You seem biased towards DDM?

Are you certain you're not a DDM sock, DDM?

Mother f*cker....

I've been found out. Please don't tell the mods!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

if you've heard of the opiod crisis, you're probably heard of Madison County.

Since we're having this discussion now I though't now is as good a time as any to check in on how they're all doing.

Fyi I don't do g searches any more. I (mostly) do Quant.

https://wgel.com/news/2020/07/madis...c-compensation/

https://eu.citizen-times.com/story/...mic/4432775002/

https://www.science20.com/hank_camp...ommunity-250007
Newborn Mothers Get Too Many Opiods, Claim Osteopaths, Then They Circulate Them In Their Community
By Hank Campbell | August 14th 2020 10:10 AM

https://www.qwant.com/?q=madison%20...opiod&t=web

Politics Tie In:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madis...linois#Politics

Lower Quadrant of The Map At The Top Of The Page: Hover On The Red Box with a Bite Taken Out of it's left side. That Is Madison County. It's numbers are also in the full list of 102 counties lower down the page.
https://www.politico.com/2020-elect...sults/illinois/

Madison County and how they got screwed over is a case study of a lot of things.

Last edited by shiv on Nov 9th, 2020 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:20 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Very good points, dadudemon!

If the Democrats were actually interested in CJS Reform, they would have ended the Drug War before they supported it and started it waaaay back in the day. And they would have ended the Drug War every single year after it took off.

But they didn't. They have voted for measures and provisions at local, state, and national levels, for years, to support the Drug War.

So when the Democrats put on their site:

"It is past time to end the failed "War on Drugs," which has imprisoned millions of Americans—disproportionately Black people and Latinos—and hasn't been effective in reducing drug use."

You know they are 100% full of shit.

Joe Biden does not support MJ legalization:

https://reason.com/2020/07/28/democ...anks-joe-biden/

Harsh CJS policies, actually supported and pushed by Joe Biden, are part of the reason we are in this CJS racism mess to begin with.

https://reason.com/2019/07/23/joe-b...d-by-joe-biden/

Joe Biden is most likely the next president. So Joe Biden is going to change bad policies implemented by...Joe Biden.

So will the Democrats, like Harris and Joe Biden, reverse previous racist positions they held and actually implement CJS Reform? Or will it be more of the same and this is all empty rhetoric?

And this is just the Drug War. What about the destruction of the Black Nuclear Family which is the single biggest sin of the Democratic Party since slavery?
I can't tell if you're being purposely historically dishonest or just naive?

It's odd because you and I think have similar goals in Criminal Justice Reform but you're just so weird about the history of it.

Like I'm assuming you're referring mostly to Clinton's Criminal Bill but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time. Nixon and Reagan both participated in the War on Drugs as well and the punishment must be severe model was firmly situated the GOP conservative base of that time. A model that still extends to the modern day conservative GOP. The whole spare the rod spoil the child mentality.

So to say they are just Democratic policies isn't right. It's like saying slavery was just Republican. For a long time they were the policies of both parties. Also the Democrats modern platform consents of a lot of CJR I would like to see but it gets blocked by the GOP.

I mean it wasn't too long ago you were praising Oregon for it's decriminalization of drugs. Which let's be honest that was mainly carried through by the Progressive Democrats of that state. A number of democratic led efforts have led to more body cam requirements for officers.

The efforts in most states to legalize MJ has overwhelmingly come from Democrat pushed agendas.

The democratically controlled city I live in just recently passed a vote on creating an independent citizen review board for having a say in police misconduct. The party that opposed these measures...the GOP.

So I won't sit here and try to pretend the Democrats always had the right ideas on Criminal Justice but to act like they haven't changed, that was just their policies/not the GOP's as well, and that they haven't haven't been making it a part of their modern platform just blatantly ignores historical and modern events.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak

laughing out loud You are a much kinder person in your replies to DDM's gaslighting than I could ever be mate. thumb up Respect for that!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It's odd because you and I think have similar goals in Criminal Justice Reform but you're just so weird about the history of it.

Like I'm assuming you're referring mostly to Clinton's Criminal Bill but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time. Nixon and Reagan both participated in the War on Drugs as well and the punishment must be severe model was firmly situated the GOP conservative base of that time. A model that still extends to the modern day conservative GOP. The whole spare the rod spoil the child mentality.

So to say they are just Democratic policies isn't right. It's like saying slavery was just Republican. For a long time they were the policies of both parties. Also the Democrats modern platform consents of a lot of CJR I would like to see but it gets blocked by the GOP.

I mean it wasn't too long ago you were praising Oregon for it's decriminalization of drugs. Which let's be honest that was mainly carried through by the Progressive Democrats of that state. A number of democratic led efforts have led to more body cam requirements for officers.

The efforts in most states to legalize MJ has overwhelmingly come from Democrat pushed agendas.

The democratically controlled city I live in just recently passed a vote on creating an independent citizen review board for having a say in police misconduct. The party that opposed these measures...the GOP.

See what I mean? No honesty at all in your reply. Not even a little.

Give me a single example of something bad Democrats have done for Criminal Justice Reform since 1980. Give me a single example of a racist policy the Democrats have had since 1950.

Until you can actually stay on thread topic, you're just a troll who hates the idea that Democrats have been giant pieces of shit who have supported and instituted cascades of racist policies.

I mean, look at this copout:

"...but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time."

Uhuh. Is this is a thread about the Racist Republicans? No? Make it. Talk about racist policies from Republicans. It's not as thought there are 1,001 Whirly Troll threads that already do this in one form or another.

So I won't sit here and try to pretend the Democrats always had the right ideas on Criminal Justice but to act like they haven't changed, that was just their policies/not the GOP's as well, and that they haven't haven't been making it a part of their modern platform just blatantly ignores historical and modern events.

Where did I say they haven't changed? Where did I say that the GOP and the Democrats did not have the similar policies?

Can you make a single argument without using almost every single logical fallacy in the book? Is there even a single honest statement in your reply?

Again, try again. Come back to the thread when you're willing to be honest. Stop the finger pointing. Discuss only terrible policies from the Democrats and how you want them addressed. We have tons of anti-GOP threads, already.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would they change their racist policies? What true incentive would they have? Trump being gone isn't enough, they were racist before him they could just hide it better.

To be fair, California rejected the racist affirmative action. So progress? But they are gonna try to get it back again in 2022 so not a single lesson learned by these dipshits. They are lying and claiming they lost cuz of propaganda and lies. So the old brexit strategy, they blamed that outcome on the same thing.

If I was a California voter who rejected it I'd totally change my mind in 2022 after hearing snobby little shitheads condescend to me and say I only voted the way I did cuz I'm ignorant. Wouldn't that strategy work on you too?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

See what I mean? No honesty at all in your reply. Not even a little.

Give me a single example of something bad Democrats have done for Criminal Justice Reform since 1980. Give me a single example of a racist policy the Democrats have had since 1950.

Until you can actually stay on thread topic, you're just a troll who hates the idea that Democrats have been giant pieces of shit who have supported and instituted cascades of racist policies.

I mean, look at this copout:

"...but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time."

Uhuh. Is this is a thread about the Racist Republicans? No? Make it. Talk about racist policies from Republicans. It's not as thought there are 1,001 Whirly Troll threads that already do this in one form or another.

Where did I say they haven't changed? Where did I say that the GOP and the Democrats did not have the similar policies?

Can you make a single argument without using almost every single logical fallacy in the book? Is there even a single honest statement in your reply?

Again, try again. Come back to the thread when you're willing to be honest. Stop the finger pointing. Discuss only terrible policies from the Democrats and how you want them addressed. We have tons of anti-GOP threads, already.
Wow talk about going off the deep end. You can't accept the inherent bias you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:04 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Wow talk about going off the deep end. You can't accept the inherent bias you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

This isn't about conservatives are better or not racist or their policies help ppl it's literally about democrats.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:09 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Affirmative action is a racist policy. Democrats who advocate for it are racist.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

More racism from dems:

150 lower-income pregnant Black and Pacific Islander women in San Francisco to get $1,000 monthly

Some advice to leftists here: this is not a hill to die on. Do not go down defending this racist bullshit thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:18 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by snowdragon
This isn't about conservatives are better or not racist or their policies help ppl it's literally about democrats.
Yes but in order to talk about the policies being referred to here you have to look at the bigger context surrounding them.

It would be like me creating a topic framed how will Republicans live down their pro-slavery policies.

It ignores important context of the time about the various parties and policies of the times. As well as the modern context of their current views.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Noticing your shtick is "but the context" and then you ignore it. Like how repubs and dems used sexual preference in the same context but only one was okay.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:47 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Surtur
Noticing your shtick is "but the context" and then you ignore it. Like how repubs and dems used sexual preference in the same context but only one was okay.
I mean the context was very important to understand why LGBTQ people would be concerned with a religious conservative using the term sexual preference given how they've used that phrase in the past to undermine LGBTQ rights before :/

Honestly that should be the easiest example to grasp when context matters

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 11:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean the context was very important to understand why LGBTQ people would be concerned with a religious conservative using the term sexual preference given how they've used that phrase in the past to undermine LGBTQ rights before :/

Honestly that should be the easiest example to grasp when context matters

Your "context" wasn't even "they used it in different ways" it was "well some groups don't like it".

Which isn't valid.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 11:51 PM
Silent Master

This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 11:51 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Or, talk about whatever you want to, because people do that in every single thread.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 11:56 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote