KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yes

Old Post May 29th, 2022 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Guys, without spoilers - are the first episodes good?

Yes or no?

No.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I get that art is subjective, but if you're lapping this shit up then you're genuinely a ****ing idiot. This show is so embarrassing. It's feels like a straight up kids show, as if it's Power Rangers or something.

Last edited by ares834 on May 29th, 2022 at 12:19 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2022 12:10 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
I get that art is subjective, but if you're lapping this shit up then you're genuinely a ****ing idiot. This show is so embarrassing. It's feels like a straight up kids show, as if it's Power Rangers or something.
Star Wars was a straight up kids film.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's just Lucas revisionism. It was a family film; it's suitable for all ages.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 12:43 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's just Lucas revisionism. It was a family film; it's suitable for all ages.
I remember watching it aged 10 and it was primary school kids who drove the hype.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Perhaps. But it still doesn't change the fact that it appealed to all ages.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 03:01 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perhaps. But it still doesn't change the fact that it appealed to all ages.
but mainly kids.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 03:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Before talking about plot holes we should see how the series ends tbh. Btw, little trivia, in case you didn’t know, Jedi Master Minas Velti, the one we saw in the order 66 sequence, was played by Ming Na Wen’s stunt double and trainer

That's cool.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Guys, without spoilers - are the first episodes good?

Yes or no?

They're... eh? They're okay. But nothing we haven't seen before from Disney. You just get to see Obi-Wan with a new hat, so to speak.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2022 03:24 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
but mainly kids.

That's nice. But it still has nothing to do with my original point.
Though I do always find it funny how Disney Wars defenders try to deflect any criticism with attacks on the original films. It makes it clear that they were never fans in the first place.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 03:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's nice. But it still has nothing to do with my original point.
Though I do always find it funny how Disney Wars defenders try to deflect any criticism with attacks on the original films. It makes it clear that they were never fans in the first place.
Not attacking the original film, I loved it as a kid fer sure. Although by the time I was 16 and the Ewoks, it seemed more childish than ever.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on May 29th, 2022 at 03:35 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2022 03:33 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

And don't get me started on caravan of courage or the battle for endor etc.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:01 PM
ares834

No one pretends that trash is good. It was forgotten for a reason.

But yeah, Kenobi feel like it was written for a similar age range as that:

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoyed this first two eps. Not as good as The Mandalorian, but far better than Boba Fett.

The kid actor for Leia is annoying and the Black woman inquisitor is kinda annoying, but other than that, was a decent start.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

And don't get me started on caravan of courage or the battle for endor etc.

Hey now I like those, we’ll moreso Battle for Endor. Has that cheese factor going on. stick out tongue Guilty pleasure.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have no problem with anyone saying Star Wars is for kids. I mean, I would argue that it's more meant for all ages (it has something for everyone, I would argue). My only issue is if anyone used that as some kind of excuse for substandard work. Young people deserve quality media too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 29th, 2022 05:36 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one pretends that trash is good. It was forgotten for a reason.

But yeah, Kenobi feel like it was written for a similar age range as that:

You mean like the old extended Universe?
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hey now I like those, we’ll moreso Battle for Endor. Has that cheese factor going on. stick out tongue Guilty pleasure.
laughing out loud Me too
Originally posted by -Pr-
I have no problem with anyone saying Star Wars is for kids. I mean, I would argue that it's more meant for all ages (it has something for everyone, I would argue). My only issue is if anyone used that as some kind of excuse for substandard work. Young people deserve quality media too.
Lucy's himself said as far back as 77, he wanted it like the Saturday morning serials from before he was born, mainly for kids but something adults could watch too. It is a family film but the part of the family who nought the soft toys etc were the kids. It's mainly always been a kids serious and since return of the jedi, it's been a vehicle to sell toys to kids.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 07:26 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucy = Lucas

Old Post May 29th, 2022 07:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You mean like the old extended Universe? laughing out loud Me too Lucy's himself said as far back as 77, he wanted it like the Saturday morning serials from before he was born, mainly for kids but something adults could watch too. It is a family film but the part of the family who nought the soft toys etc were the kids. It's mainly always been a kids serious and since return of the jedi, it's been a vehicle to sell toys to kids.

"Something adults could watch too". Your words. And "kids" is a horrifically vague term. Hell, Lucas has flat out said that Star Wars was aimed initially at twelve-year old boys. That's not so true anymore, is it.

The toys thing is a different argument, and nowadays has shifted dramatically.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 29th, 2022 at 07:36 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2022 07:32 PM
ares834

You mean like the old extended Universe?

confused

Disney is still selling tons of stuff from the EU. Hell, currently the most anticipated SW video game is a remake from the EU. It's far from being forgotten.

As for Lucas's claim that the films are for kids, he's always been a a bit of a liar when it comes to his revisionism. Like his claim that Vader was always meant to be Anakin. Any film that is centered on political maneuvering and trade disputes is clearly not meant to be only for kids. Now whether it was good or not is a different matter entirely.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 07:43 PM