KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » No. All cultures are not equal.

No. All cultures are not equal.
Started by: Neon1234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Who the **** called themselves tolerant?
Leftists try to.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:41 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by NemeBro
If it's really Eon I could bully them into another mental breakdown and possibly get them to kill themselves, so I see no reason not to engage with them. thumb up
Neon is not Eon (I don't understand why Whirly seems to think this). Neon is Canadian iirc, for a start. Eon disappeared entirely it seems, other than tweeting about supporting Joe Biden now for some reason??

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 03:43 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Neon is not Eon (I don't understand why Whirly seems to think this). Neon is Canadian iirc, for a start. Eon disappeared entirely it seems, other than tweeting about supporting Joe Biden now for some reason??
uh huh.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
uh huh.
You realise that Eon hates my guts, right? Like, really hates my guts, lol.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:05 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

"all cultures are not equal," I agree. Should they be treated with respect? I believe so.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:11 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
"all cultures are not equal," I agree. Should they be treated with respect? I believe so.
thumb up Bingo!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 04:17 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, all cultures do not deserve respect.

A culture that supports religious persecution is a good example.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:02 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Neon1234

thumb up

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:13 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it's no surprise Leftists are okay with that.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:36 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
The concept of cross dressing and homosexuality has been a thing since the beginning of mankind really.

I personally discourage it extremely, and any society that supports it is disturbingly corrupted.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:39 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Agreed, same with cultures that persecute people based on ethnicity, sexuality, sex & gender, etc.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:40 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
DDM's shock troops shooting themselves in the feet.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:45 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Re: No. All cultures are not equal.

In my Communications class, our teacher told us that ethnocentrism is bad because no ones' culture is superior to another.

Of course I was taken aback by such a statement.

There are things that cultures do that we would find immoral, slavery, persecution of homosexuals, etc.

All things equal, a culture that practices and/or supports things like those, is not equal to one that doesn't.

We are better than them.
Well I mean I think it depends on how you are trying to rate and define culture.

Are you trying to take a person and define them by their culture to make yourself seem superior while ignoring the context of your personal character? If so I agree with your teacher.

Are you trying to come up with pros and cons of different national cultures to compare and contrast those unique characteristics and determine objective quality? Then that's probably an interesting thought experiment to do.

Often times though when I hear conservative groups use that word it's in the case of the former instead of the later.

Heck most of the conservatives I hear talking about this ignore that their conservative culture would often be more in line with the other cultures they would deem bad.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Well I mean I think it depends on how you are trying to rate and define culture.

Are you trying to take a person and define them by their culture to make yourself seem superior while ignoring the context of your personal character? If so I agree with your teacher.

Are you trying to come up with pros and cons of different national cultures to compare and contrast those unique characteristics and determine objective quality? Then that's probably an interesting thought experiment to do.

Often times though when I hear conservative groups use that word it's in the case of the former instead of the later.

Heck most of the conservatives I hear talking about this ignore that their conservative culture would often be more in line with the other cultures they would deem bad.
thumb up Excellent post, saying what I and others said earlier, better tbh! Concise, quality!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:48 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Excellent post, saying what I and others said earlier, better tbh! Concise, quality!
Thank you Whirly.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 05:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Newjak

This is pretty true, yeah. It's what I find baffling about most genuine white nationalists — they use their racial identity as something to be proud of, when they're almost always a person with no other redeeming characteristics. It's pretty funny.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:01 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Agreed 100% Scribble.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:08 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think dadurrman's thunderbirds are not understanding what respect means.

It's synonymous with "take into consideration" ie understanding them, before deciding if they're good or bad.

Ignoramuses.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:10 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Newjak, your sig is awesome.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:10 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Newjak, your sig is awesome.
Thanks

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:22 PM