KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry and Count Nefaria

Superman vs. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry and Count Nefaria
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

So you want to say that Gladiator lost his fight against these opponents because he threw the fight and let them KO him?

How about this, Tyrant wouldn’t have two pieced Superman. I’m basing this upon the actual damage that he has withstood from similar forces. They both have low showings I get that, but in Gladiator’s case, his losses outshine his wins. When placed up against similar opponents that Superman regularly faces, his track record mirrors how well he’d do if he were to replace Superman in fights.

Gladiator was the one that was injured and on the run from Supreme, not the other way around, while Superman has smoked Darkseid avatars, defeated Rogol Zaar, who would tear Gladiator up as badly as Anni-Hulk did. These are those times that we can’t unsee, or claim that Gladiator jobbed. Any one member of the Phoenix Five would wreck Gladiator. A Star Brand wielded would choke the life out of him as well. Superman has defeated guys on those levels.

This isn’t even close. If they ever met, Gladiator would become Superman’s side kick.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 09:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Here we go again. I don't care who was ALLOWED to win in a PREDETERMINED comic book fight. If we go that route, then there is no need for any battle board to exist. On a battle board there is no predetermined outcome. You have to go by these things that are documented.
1. Strength.
2. Speed.
3. Fighting ability
4. Combat speed.
5. Blitz speed.
Gladiator when all of those things are put into play outclass Superman. Feel free to Challenge me in any or all those categories.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 09:26 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A not-depowered Superman is better than Gladiator in pretty much every department... except maybe cool mohawks. That's one Gladiator has definitely.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 25th, 2022 09:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
Here we go again. I don't care who was ALLOWED to win in a PREDETERMINED comic book fight. If we go that route, then there is no need for any battle board to exist. On a battle board there is no predetermined outcome. You have to go by these things that are documented.
1. Strength.
2. Speed.
3. Fighting ability
4. Combat speed.
5. Blitz speed.
Gladiator when all of those things are put into play outclass Superman. Feel free to Challenge me in any or all those categories.

Not based on his track record. It’s okay to be wrong. Gladiator would defeat Black Dwarf, but he’d have a tough time doing so. He Superman lite.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 09:49 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by -Pr-
A not-depowered Superman is better than Gladiator in pretty much every department... except maybe cool mohawks. That's one Gladiator has definitely.
Then Accept my Challenge and we shall see. I'll start off easy. Gladiator biltzed something at near light speed from a standstill. When has Superman ever did this from a standstill? I'll wait.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:30 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Lol. Superman is not stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. That's a FACT.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
Then Accept my Challenge and we shall see. I'll start off easy. Gladiator biltzed something at near light speed from a standstill. When has Superman ever did this from a standstill? I'll wait.

This thread isn't Superman v Gladiator. If you want to post in one of those, we can.

Also, really bad form not posting the actual feat you're talking about. How am I supposed to measure a feat against it when you're being so vague?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by JBL
[B]Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands

Considering that

A. This was only a claim made by his son and we never saw it on-panel

B. Such a thing is physically impossible and would require some kind of reality warping

I am inclined to think that this is hyperbole/not a valid feat (at least not without more evidence).

quote:
Superman when it comes to black holes could not even contain a MINI black hole and need help.

If you're referring to the incident I think you are, then that was a long, long time ago, and he has gotten much stronger since then.

quote:
again superman could not contain that weak mini black hole.

Again, I wouldn't call it 'weak', considering that a singularity with the mass of the Earth would be less than 1 cm in diameter.

quote:
Speed?? What's supermans fastest recorded speed? How about light needing hours to catch up with him? Well Gladiator covered LIGHTYEARS in minutes.

I actually calced one of Gladiator's feats at much faster than that, trillions of times lightspeed, although I'm sure Superman probably has something comparable in current continuity.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 25th, 2022 11:48 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Imagine Gladiator fighting Magog, or any number of Superman rogues. There are those that he’d defeat, while others that would pull his arms off.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 01:00 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It doesn't help that DC in the last few years has largely abandoned any pretense of Superman being the herald with some high feats he used to be. They nerf him a bit when they need it, but his feats have pulled him to the point of ridiculousness by this point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 26th, 2022 01:58 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JBL

That's from a non canon comic lol. But sure, Superman blitzed Diana and took her to the sun in less than two minute. That's around 4 times FTL.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 03:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
That's from a non canon comic lol. But sure, Superman blitzed Diana and took her to the sun in less than two minute. That's around 4 times FTL.

Actually it was to the sun and back, so more like 8 times.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:40 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Didn't Superman also blitz an extra saturated lightspeed ship,dismantling every engine on that ship in JLA?

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:44 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes

Old Post May 26th, 2022 08:00 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

No

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 26th, 2022 12:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes evil face

Old Post May 26th, 2022 12:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

If it takes 0.5 seconds to throw a punch (it takes less time than this) then a nanosecond to Gladiator is like 2 seconds.

Now
A femptosecond to a nanosecond (teams best reaction and perception times) is like a second compared to 11.57 days.
If Superman operates at that level then he would metroman the team from the beginning.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on May 26th, 2022 at 03:06 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2022 02:56 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote:
Sentry is the only threat here, and Bob may use this fight as a means to get out of dodge based upon his character. Robert Reynolds has run away every time situations escalate beyond his mental tolerance levels. This will be proven the very next time you see the character.

Its the writers easy out to allow the story to continue otherwise the Sentry would just end the threats in a matter of a few panels. Its lazy but what else can they do?

By Stoic

Old Post May 26th, 2022 03:04 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by tkitna
Its the writers easy out to allow the story to continue otherwise the Sentry would just end the threats in a matter of a few panels. Its lazy but what else can they do?

They can’t do anything more than write Bob’s character exactly in the same way that a person with his power, and psychological disposition should we written. We actually do have proof that he would likely flee from a confrontation with a universally essential character like Superman. It wouldn’t be entirely due to fear, but a series of chemical imbalances coursing through his brain, such as the fight or flight response. His fears would be centered around the reality of possibly undoing the fabric of reality, not to mention what happened during his battle with the Hulk. The very same thing would likely result in a battle against Superman.

The rest of these guys are really too slow to actually fight evenly against Superman depending upon where the fight actually takes place.

Hyperion within an atmosphere is limited to moving slightly above the speed of sound.

Count Nefaria is also locked in at the speed of sound within an atmosphere.

Gladiator is the only one out of the bargain basement clones that is capable of matching Superman’s speed, but he lacks the power, strength, and durability to be more that two pieced by Superman, based upon his performance against Anni-Hulk, and Tyrant.

The current Hyperion and Count Nefaria are likely more powerful than Gladiator as well, but are slower within an atmosphere.

Hyperion would only be able to keep up with Superman in space.

Count Nefaria may or may not even be able to survive in space, due to his volatile ionic powers. Whatever, it still does not change the fact that he’s the slowest.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 06:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^

quote:
The current Hyperion

Which one?

Hickperion, Mephiperion or Heroes Reborn?

stick out tongue

Old Post May 26th, 2022 07:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote