KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Abortion

Do you beleve in abortion?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 249 48.16%
No 221 42.75%
? 47 9.09%
Total: 517 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Abortion
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (787): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Not all children are born out of love. Should they all have been killed then?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:36 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No they should not, that was exactly the point of my second to last paragraph.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:37 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Still, if their mothers had not wanted them, should they have been killed?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:39 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

adoption perhaps????

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:42 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I already said no, why repeat the same question in a different way? It doesn't change the answer.

You are totally missing my point. I'm not making a judgement on whether the child that is produced of rape whould be abort. I am not qualified to amek that decision in any way, shape or form.

What I am saying is that if my partner was in that position then I would support her, no matter what she decided to do.

However that stance is specific to the rape situation only.

In general I am against abortion unless there are overiding medical reasons for aborting the pregnancy, as I discussed earlier.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:46 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, your wife/girlfriend could have another opinion and ofcourse you have to respect that! And it's only logical to be suportive!!

How would you know if you are wanted? I mean,... ... if your parents tell you suddenly: you know... we never wanted you, we just had you because our parents obligated us...
what would your reaction be?
That reaction you will have will be your real opinion...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 10:55 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
finti, eye for an eye... and you aren't religious?

by Yers.

Do you belive this was a religious invention, it has been the way of the world since the dawn of man, it is just in human nature to seek revenge.
It also was the Viking way if one of your kin was killed you were allowed to seek revenge through killing the "killer" and noone would judge you for it. No one beside the kinman of the "killer" who now were allowed to hunt you until the the warlord or the king said enough is enough. If they did so no vendeatta or bloodrevenge were allowed.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 07:58 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
That reaction you will have will be your real opinion...
But then much of that reaction would depend on the relationship you haad with your parents prior to that revelation.

Not all parent/child relatioships are perfect.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 09:12 AM
queeq
Chaos

Actually, the "we don't want you" thing is the clincher. As I said before, haviong such a child and raising it with love can at least have possibilities of it being turned to something good. Whatever happens, the child itself is NEVER to blame - not for it getting killed in the womb, not for being rejected in life. It's not kid's fault, never!

But I agree with RC that this kind of thing is very rare. VERY rare. I find it strange that debates on death penalty, abortion, euthenasia etc. are usually taken to extremes to justify it. "What if you were in a very very bad situation like...." That's no real way to seriously debate it, because extreme and rare circumstances become the justification for many more and very less extreme situations. I think that's odd. Here we go justifying abortion by using the example of a rape victim getting pregnant. But that's not daily practise. The real reasons for abortion are usually that someone gets pregnant in a one night stand, because they weren't careful enough, because it doesn't fit in a career plan, because women don't want to be a mother etc. etc. A news programme here in Holland tested an abortion clinic if they could get an abortion just because the women said she was going on a holiday. There was no problem in getting one!!
So yes, I agree with Ush: don't risk the change of killing a human life. And look at the reasons: they are usually very selfish. You want the sex but not the natural result, which is a pregnancy. I say: you do that, but if you do get pregnant, face the consequences.
I think one of the problems around sex in relationships and with stuff like abortion is that sex is seen apart from procreation, as if these have nothing to do with each other. But maybe I'm just old fashioned...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 09:44 AM
finti

some people are not fit to be parents, what do you suggest? sterilisation

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 09:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Fit? Hmmmm.... there is no training or education for that you know. I think it's more a matter of not WANTING to be fit for it. So in that case, yes, why not. If you want to be childless, why not sterilise, it will prevent a lot of moral dillemmas.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 12:01 PM
finti

so heavy drug addicts should get pregnant and that would be ok.
in my mind they are not fit at all.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 12:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, that's another dilemma? That's defining if we as a society should or must judge whether someone is fit to be a parent..

The case I was talking about is that people who say they don't want kids or find themselves unfit parents should perhaps let themselves be sterilised, at least that'd be fair. Otherwise if one DO get pregnant, others will have to solve the problem, we as a society must solve the mother's problem by agreeing as a democracy that you can have your foetus removed. That sounds like the pleasure for not-to-be-mommy and the burden is for society.

In the case of drug addicts that's a bit more tricky and dangerous. Because, where do you draw the line. You may start at drug addicts, but what is it that you delcare them unfit parents for. For the use of drugs itself? Why not then people who smoke or drink alcohol?
For being unaccountable most of the time? And then how do you define unaccountable? Tricky area, but I get your point. Quite a dilemma.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 01:21 PM
yerssot

well, the mainproblem there is when they are high or they don't have enough money

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 04:06 PM
finti

No Yers the main problem is the drugs they take affects the unborn as well.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2001 07:34 AM
yerssot

sorry, forgot that...

indeed that's true, what I said was for after the birth...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2001 10:59 AM
queeq
Chaos

Both are problem areas.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 08:33 AM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

abortion

Are you for or agianst it. i am agianst it. how about you?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 11:19 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sorry, i dont see how this has anything to do with Philosophy confused so moving to GDF.

Anyway, yes, im for abortion. Woman has the right to choose if she wishes to keep the baby or not.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 11:20 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

For abortion. For more reasons than stated by Lil Bitchiness, but that is one of them.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 11:23 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote