KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

AND, his gun wasnt drawn. he was watching the executions. he was defenseless.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
AND, his gun wasnt drawn. he was watching the executions. he was defenseless.

?? I could of sworn Jango was shooting at Mace as he came at him!? Or do you mean when he held it up to his neck.... "Partys over!"

"If The Jedi Find Out What We Are Planning To Build, We're Doomed."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 08:33 AM
Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, were talking about when mace first shows up. dooku, nute gunray an jango are on the balcony watching the executions. mace snuck up and held his saber at jangos throat. you are talking about when they are actually in the gladiator pit.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not murder if the person is going to try and kill you if you let him go- which is what Jango did. And like I say, Windu holding his sabre to Jango's throat at all was otherwise pointless.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is why I dont come here that much anymore Rogue. Slacker dosent have people who abuse their power on the boards by closing them for little reasons. wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 10:53 AM
Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

then subdue him. i know that for mace to subdue jango would have been near impossible, what with dooku right there, but i just dont agree that mace could have struck him down with a clear conscience.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 06:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

SimK68- please keep such comments out of the threads, that was not even vaguely on-topic. Nor is it an abuse of power for me to close a thread which had NO business being in this area- it is in fact my responsibility to do so.

If you have problems with the way things are run, keep them in private. But in the meanwhile we are very happy with the way we run things here.

I think striking Jango down was the onyl thing Mace could have reasonably done in that circumstance; I am sure he could just just disabled him if he wanted.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, i happen to think that just walking up and striking him down is rather extreme, "a jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, NEVER FOR ATTACK." remember that? ps- disregard my pm, ush. my computer is fine now. thanx for the response.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Seeing as Mace Windu brought his Jedi there on an offensive strike we can only assume that 'NEVER for attack' comment was not meant to be taken literally. As I say, Windu gave Fett clear warning, he didn't just kill him out of hand, he made a reasonable threat for any lawmaker to make, and it would have been consistent with his duty to carry that out if he believed his life or the lives of others was and were in danger, which was so.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, but to walk up, not say a word, ignite his saber and strike him down? THAT would have been of the dark side.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No no, strike him down after the bad guys tried something! That was the point, wasn't it? he held the sabre there as in "Try anything and he dies." And they tried something! And then Jango tried to kill him!

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:46 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres another question. when jango and mace were fighting in the execution pit and mace was bearing down on jango. its obvious his jetpack was damaged, so he couldnt escape via the air. but, as mace is blocking his blaster bolts, why didnt jango use his flamethrower again? it might have caused mace to back off or leap away, giving jango more room to work with.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think Jango's blaster was his favourite weapon and the one he thought he was most likely to do any good with.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:55 PM
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
SimK68- please keep such comments out of the threads, that was not even vaguely on-topic. Nor is it an abuse of power for me to close a thread which had NO business being in this area- it is in fact my responsibility to do so.

If you have problems with the way things are run, keep them in private. But in the meanwhile we are very happy with the way we run things here.

Well your making it a problem right now, so youre no better than me bringing out here in the open. You also could of simply 'PM-ed' me stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 08:54 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

still, ush. dont you think that in that situation the flamethrower would have been more effective?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:59 AM
CaptainTrips

Angry

Why didnt Janga's head fall out when Boba picked up his helmet??

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:20 AM
Click here to Send CaptainTrips a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainTrips Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe because the helmet was a perfect fit, like a football helmet.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:22 AM
CaptainTrips

OWW MY EARS!!! by the way rogue..do you happen to know who the cgi human was in sw??

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:26 AM
Click here to Send CaptainTrips a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainTrips Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

uh,no. which episode?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:29 AM
CaptainTrips

not sure rogue..i read that on a post in the hulk forums..they were complaining about hulk looking fake and someone defended cgi achievements by saying they had to be told a human in SW was cgi..no specification on which episode..im assuming II

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:37 AM