KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The head DID fall out, watch for the shadow.

And Sim, that was making you an example to others so it does not happen again, see?

Both Obi-Wan and Count Dooku have cgi moments in AOTC which are VERY well blended in- to the point where, indeed, people have not noticed it has been done!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, with all the technology they have now, its a wonder they use live actors at all anymore.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandalorain-fan

hey all , i saw this thread and im a big Mandalorain fan ( lol ) and Boba and Jango are Mandalorains so I tihnk if Jangos jetpack was still working and he had 2 blasters he could of won , and altohught jedi arent suppose to kill out of cold blood if he didnt kill Jango the Jedi might of lost several other deaths

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Mandalorain-fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mandalorain-fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

what diesn't make anysense jango has already taken down a jedi a phychotic jedi at that who i have suspects was on the darkside but i coudl be wrong but stil that isn't the poitn i think jango shoudl have won oh and mandalorian fan youre wrong jango and bobba are not mandalorians jango was taken in by mandalorian warriors he wasn't a mandalorian and boba was jango's clone jango is human or humanoid i cant be saure if he is pure earhtlign because well it is difficult to tell

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 10:49 AM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien They in a middle of a battle he deflected the laser bolts and neatly cut his head off, that wasn't cold blood no way, sure he felt bad about it but its a duel any they totally under rated Mace anyway in clone wars cartoon he takes down an army of battle droids on his own without his lightsabre for the most part.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 01:58 PM
Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

true !

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 03:49 PM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandalorain-fan

yea ur right Gray Fox , about Jango and Boba . srry confused

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Mandalorain-fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mandalorain-fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
what diesn't make anysense jango has already taken down a jedi a phychotic jedi at that who i have suspects was on the darkside but i coudl be wrong but stil that isn't the poitn i think jango shoudl have won oh and mandalorian fan youre wrong jango and bobba are not mandalorians jango was taken in by mandalorian warriors he wasn't a mandalorian and boba was jango's clone jango is human or humanoid i cant be saure if he is pure earhtlign because well it is difficult to tell

Well yes, Jango did do this (Komari Vosa is the dark jedi he took down), but he did that with all of his equipment still intact. Against Mace, he'd lost his jetpack and I assume also his flamethrower, since they drew from the same fuel source. AND he was down to ONE pistol as his only remaining weapon.

That's why I get so irritated when jedi fans make a big deal about this fight like it proved anything about jedi vs. top-end bounty hunters. Fact is, Mace DIDN'T beat Jango Fett -- the reek did. Or to put it another way, Lucas and the plot did. Mace was just an opportunist (granted, I probably would have been as well in the same situation) who jumped on a golden opportunity to take an easy win against a largely disabled opponent.

A similar fight (in terms of fairness to the characters) would have been Jango with all of his gear intact versus Mace with his lightsaber shorted out. In which case, of course, Jango would have killed Mace in less time than it takes to say, "The Force is NOT with you."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

There was a duel?
All I remember is "zap, swoosh, thunk".

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by Red Superfly
There was a duel?
All I remember is "zap, swoosh, thunk".

No, there wasn't a duel, in fact. Like I said, Mace never really FOUGHT Jango. Not really. No more than Jango capping Mace without his lightsaber at hand would have been a real fight either.

The "duel" was just PIS so Lucas could do away with Jango without having to deal with the fact that he could easily have put up a real fight. Kind of a missed opportunity, too, since it also left a question in the minds of those who were really paying attention: could Mace have actually beaten a full-strength Jango?

Maybe he could have, but he remains forever unproven in that area. Sorry, Mace fans. wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Mace is a jedi in his prime... jango is a mercenary... even with all his training... he's no force user...

Mace would wipe the floor with him...

PIS was jango killing that other jedi... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by pr1983
Mace is a jedi in his prime... jango is a mercenary... even with all his training... he's no force user...

Mace would wipe the floor with him...

PIS was jango killing that other jedi... stick out tongue

PIS is jedi existing at all. PIS is the Force. PIS is ... get the picture?

It's establised cannon that Jango killed Komari Vosa ... as well as at least one jedi before he faced Mace, too. You don't have to like it, but it's cannon anyway and is just as valid as any Force or lightsaber feat.

It's also a simple fact that he was down to one pistol with no other functioning equipment when he faced Mace, who in turn was at full strength with a fully functioning lightsaber.

Therefore, it's a simple fact that Mace is unproven versus a full-strength Jango ... and forever will be.

Like it. Or. Not.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes... because beating palpatine is below beating jango... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Orestes
Well yes, Jango did do this (Komari Vosa is the dark jedi he took down), but he did that with all of his equipment still intact. Against Mace, he'd lost his jetpack and I assume also his flamethrower, since they drew from the same fuel source. AND he was down to ONE pistol as his only remaining weapon.

That's why I get so irritated when jedi fans make a big deal about this fight like it proved anything about jedi vs. top-end bounty hunters. Fact is, Mace DIDN'T beat Jango Fett -- the reek did. Or to put it another way, Lucas and the plot did. Mace was just an opportunist (granted, I probably would have been as well in the same situation) who jumped on a golden opportunity to take an easy win against a largely disabled opponent.

A similar fight (in terms of fairness to the characters) would have been Jango with all of his gear intact versus Mace with his lightsaber shorted out. In which case, of course, Jango would have killed Mace in less time than it takes to say, "The Force is NOT with you."

Dude.. did you even WATCH AOTC or just read the junior novelization? no expression There is no bigger Jango/Boba fan on th eplanet than I am but fact is.. Jango had his ass handed to him.. so he lost his precious jet pack.. roll eyes (sarcastic) Helluva warrior that cant even keep his weapons & gear working properly huh?
Jango is a bounty hunter, supposedly a professional.. he's an amateur with an ego problem at best against mace.
Mace is not an opportunist . he's a strategist .. but WTF does it really matter? In a fight last man standing wins no matter what cliche fanboys attach to your motives.. If Jango was 'disabled' then thats his own fault for not being a better fighter.. he's a bounty hunter, an assasin.. he is used to teh element oif surprise as his ally.. in a one on one fight he has no real experience interms of fighting someone as strong in the jedi arts as MAce.. he's just outskilled so he lost his head.. and yes he really did.. yoiu can see th ehead gfall out of teh helmut in that scene..
Jango WITH all his gear would still not have betean a weaponless Mace.. there is more to being a jedi & force user than sabers babe

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by bilb
Dude.. did you even WATCH AOTC or just read the junior novelization? no expression There is no bigger Jango/Boba fan on th eplanet than I am but fact is.. Jango had his ass handed to him.. so he lost his precious jet pack.. roll eyes (sarcastic) Helluva warrior that cant even keep his weapons & gear working properly huh?
Jango is a bounty hunter, supposedly a professional.. he's an amateur with an ego problem at best against mace.
Mace is not an opportunist . he's a strategist .. but WTF does it really matter? In a fight last man standing wins no matter what cliche fanboys attach to your motives.. If Jango was 'disabled' then thats his own fault for not being a better fighter.. he's a bounty hunter, an assasin.. he is used to teh element oif surprise as his ally.. in a one on one fight he has no real experience interms of fighting someone as strong in the jedi arts as MAce.. he's just outskilled so he lost his head.. and yes he really did.. yoiu can see th ehead gfall out of teh helmut in that scene..
Jango WITH all his gear would still not have betean a weaponless Mace.. there is more to being a jedi & force user than sabers babe

Tsk, tsk.

I didn't say there was anything inherently wrong with Mace taking advantage of the situation. All I said is that Jango was far from at full strength ... and that is a fact.

Yes, I saw the movie. I also thumbed through the novelization by R.A. Salvatore, which interestingly enough provided a much better fight scene (I would have given credit to Mace had the fight transpired on-screen the way it did in the book -- which I think was based on the original script) wherein Mace still won ... but with considerable difficulty.

Now. Fact is, Jango got trampled by a rather. Large. Beast. It was (arguably) his skill that kept him from being killed right then and there, and it was (definitely) his skill that enabled him to then kill the creature with a single blaster shot. Fact is, had Mace's lightsaber been put through the same abuse that Jango's jetpack was, he would have faced a similiar problem, so nitpicking at Jango like that was somehow his fault is silly and unfair. It's just one of those "chaos of battle" things that went very much against him.

And NO, there is NO way in hell that Mace would have survived without his lightsaber. It's a cannon fact that Jango killed Komari Vosa straight up. Killing an unarmed Mace with a blaster at that range would have been child's play for him. To say otherwise is simply ludicrous.

Basically, each fighter needed a certain tool to survive the fight: for Mace, it was his lightsaber, and for Jango, it was his jetpack. Third-party interference removed the jetpack from the equation. Lucky break for Mace, sure ... but no actual proof of his ability to win a straight fight.

It actually reminds me of one of the many Drizzt/Entrari duels (from R.A. Salvatore's "dark elf" books). They're fighting on totally even terms, and then Drizzt's forehead happens by accident to strike Entrari in a way that gives him an advantage. Even after he wins the duel, Drizzt himself points out that it proved nothing -- that just because his forehead struck his opponent's "in an advantageous way," it didn't automatically make him the better fighter.

In much the same way, Mace was not proven the better fighter. He might have been. But thanks to the jetpack fiasco, we can only speculate. wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm honestly going to ask this once...

going by canon... what makes you honestly believe he could beat mace in a fair fight?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:27 PM
kimmeh
vixen

Tsk, tsk.

I didn't say there was anything inherently wrong with Mace taking advantage of the situation. All I said is that Jango was far from at full strength ... and that is a fact.

Yes, I saw the movie. I also thumbed through the novelization by R.A. Salvatore, which interestingly enough provided a much better fight scene (I would have given credit to Mace had the fight transpired on-screen the way it did in the book -- which I think was based on the original script) wherein Mace still won ... but with considerable difficulty.

Now. Fact is, Jango got trampled by a rather. Large. Beast. It was (arguably) his skill that kept him from being killed right then and there, and it was (definitely) his skill that enabled him to then kill the creature with a single blaster shot. Fact is, had Mace's lightsaber been put through the same abuse that Jango's jetpack was, he would have faced a similiar problem, so nitpicking at Jango like that was somehow his fault is silly and unfair. It's just one of those "chaos of battle" things that went very much against him.

And NO, there is NO way in hell that Mace would have survived without his lightsaber. It's a cannon fact that Jango killed Komari Vosa straight up. Killing an unarmed Mace with a blaster at that range would have been child's play for him. To say otherwise is simply ludicrous.

Basically, each fighter needed a certain tool to survive the fight: for Mace, it was his lightsaber, and for Jango, it was his jetpack. Third-party interference removed the jetpack from the equation. Lucky break for Mace, sure ... but no actual proof of his ability to win a straight fight.

It actually reminds me of one of the many Drizzt/Entrari duels (from R.A. Salvatore's "dark elf" books). They're fighting on totally even terms, and then Drizzt's forehead happens by accident to strike Entrari in a way that gives him an advantage. Even after he wins the duel, Drizzt himself points out that it proved nothing -- that just because his forehead struck his opponent's "in an advantageous way," it didn't automatically make him the better fighter.

In much the same way, Mace was not proven the better fighter. He might have been. But thanks to the jetpack fiasco, we can only speculate. wink

A - the novelizations suck stick out tongue Whenever someone quotes them as a reason in a debate .. well its just a big red "I AM A FANBOY' sign so wear it if you want but its just plain silly

B- It wsnt Jangos SKILL that killed th eReek.. thats a polthole by Lucas.. taht animal can do ALL THAT damage & yet is taken out by a measly 'phew' from Jango's weak ass blaster? roll eyes (sarcastic) please.. that was no skill.. it was a script malfunction

C- Jangos' jetpack is NOT his primary weapon.. its an upgrade akin to maual vs. power locks on a new car.. its a luxury not a necessity

D - Killing an unarmed Jedi WOULD be difficult - see theres thins thing called the force, it surrounds us, it binds the universe together.. you shoul dcheck into .. its pretty cool once you master it wink

E - what does a dwarf elf book have to do with SW? messed

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by pr1983
I'm honestly going to ask this once...

going by canon... what makes you honestly believe he could beat mace in a fair fight?

I didn't say he could. But since it's cannon that he killed Komari Vosa in a fair fight, it's worth calling into question. Since there never WAS a fair fight between him and Mace, we can only speculate.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't say he could. But since it's cannon that he killed Komari Vosa in a fair fight, it's worth calling into question. Since there never WAS a fair fight between him and Mace, we can only speculate.

and i speculate a jedi master in his prime, who is arguably second only to yoda, is going to kick jango's ass...

there was plenty of jedi cannon fodder in geonosis, i'd count Komari Vosa as one of em...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 10:59 PM
Orestes

quote:
A - the novelizations suck stick out tongue Whenever someone quotes them as a reason in a debate .. well its just a big red "I AM A FANBOY' sign so wear it if you want but its just plain silly

If you'll please re-read what I wrote, you'll notice that I didn't actually use the novelization as a supporting point. Instead, I alluded to it as an aside in order to give some indication of what I'm aware of, then went on to argue the situation from the point of view of the movie rather than the book.

That said, I think the position you're taking regarding the movie versus the novelization is really unreasonable ... but even if it weren't, it's irrelevant to my argument because I'm not arguing the book anyway.

Please, let's not sink to insults. Okay?

quote:
B- It wsnt Jangos SKILL that killed th eReek.. thats a polthole by Lucas.. taht animal can do ALL THAT damage & yet is taken out by a measly 'phew' from Jango's weak ass blaster? roll eyes (sarcastic) please.. that was no skill.. it was a script malfunction

I'm not sure how to react to this. The main thrust of your argument seems to be "the script is right when I want it to be and wrong when it doesn't suit me." I can certainly say that you'd be surprised how easily a large beast can be taken out with a precisely aimed shot to the braincase. But instead, I'd be inclined to ask why the script as it was wasn't good enough for you.

Does that mean I can call Jango's death a script malfunction? How about his jetpack's failure?

Maybe we should stick to the script.

quote:
C- Jangos' jetpack is NOT his primary weapon.. its an upgrade akin to maual vs. power locks on a new car.. its a luxury not a necessity

No. Against an opponent like a skilled jedi, it is a neccesity, akin to a chassis and seat to hold you in place while the car moves. Jango could not have defeated Komari Vosa -- as, again, HE DID -- without his jetpack.

quote:
D - Killing an unarmed Jedi WOULD be difficult - see theres thins thing called the force, it surrounds us, it binds the universe together.. you shoul dcheck into .. its pretty cool once you master it wink

It didn't save Komari Vosa, and she had BOTH of her lightsabers as well as plenty of the Force when this thing called a BLASTER BOLT killed her.

That same thing -- called a blaster bolt -- would kill an unarmed Mace far faster, since he would have no way to deflect it. That's why jedi carry lightsabers rather than standing there unarmed and trusting in the Force to stop blaster fire for them.

You should check into how jedi use lightsabers to defend against blaster fire. It's pretty cool how lightsabers make the difference (usually) when they're being shot at.

quote:
E - what does a dwarf elf book have to do with SW? messed

Analogy. Illustration of a point. If the point I was making eludes you, nevermind. It's not critical. wink

Last edited by Orestes on Sep 15th, 2005 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 11:05 PM