KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Exar's and Ulic's Powerup

Exar's and Ulic's Powerup
Started by: Pyron_Knight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Exar's and Ulic's Powerup

“It matters not who I am. My power is all that concerns you.”
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/532407/Ragnos.jpg

“As Aleema regains conscious, she beholds an astonishing transformation in her lover Ulic... Ulic Qel-Droma and [Exar Kun] are rippling with dark-side energy...more power than all her Sith magic has given her.
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/532407/Ragnos2.jpg

I don’t believe it’s reaching t say what Ragnos did powered up Exar and Ulic beyond what they could originally do.

Why isn't this ever brought up? I'd think it relevant.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

That's pretty interesting, I also noticed it seemed like Marka Ragnos (not his spirit)might have traveled through time to be there. I always thought it was his spirit but he says "You of the future he me well" and "In my time,even as the galactic republic battles us to extinction we now secure the future, when the sith will take their revenge. " I think that is a pretty interesting choice of words to say if his spirit was still awake though he might be saying that because it was his first reawakening since his spirit appears before Naga and Ludo. Thanks for bringing this up, I certainly will look for more info on this.

EDIT:Pyron can you post a scan of the scene right before this?

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/532407/Ragnos3.jpg

There ya go.

Your time-travel idea does have some merit actually. We see Ragnos' face and it's not Force Spirit-y at all.

I like how he is just telling Ulic and Exar to stop like two little kid bitches. Then they spend the whole time gawking at him while he lays down the law.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 01:15 AM
Elite Hunter

It is also interesting because I reread parts of the DLOTS and the tomb that Kun/s most likely visits is Ragnos's. And on another note than we see what very well could be Ragnos's spirit talking to Nadd's spirit and telling Nadd that Kun is ready/worthy. So that is also interesting because Ragnos's spirit still can communicate without have to being revived/powered up (or called upon by the amulets) like he was in DLOTS and Jedi Academy game.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Maybe he's like an especially powerful spirit? I dunno.
What I find most interesting is the fact Ragnos is not Force Spirit-ish in there. It helps your time travel theory I think.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 07:32 PM
Elite Hunter

Woops, my bad he did receive force energy from the scepter in the jedi academy game.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 08:24 PM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Yeah. That game was Fail though. I wish it was retconned out of existence but apparently Jaden cameos or something in LOTF.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 08:34 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys, it's an amulet and like sith holocrons, it has properties such as foretelling future events. Naga Sadow's sith holocron stated that the dark lord eluded Teta's pursuit and escaped to Yavin IV. The problem is, the holocron was aboard one of the ships above koros major, so how did the holocron explain Sadow's escape? I'm guessing that powerful sith spirits such as Ragnos are tied to certain sith holocrons and amulets. The more likely scenario is that Ragnos had predicted events 1,000 years in the future as Kun and Ulic would recover the amulets, and had recorded for that benefit.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Well, my original point was that it appeared Ragnos still "powered up" Exar and Ulic.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 08:56 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Guys, it's an amulet and like sith holocrons, it has properties such as foretelling future events. Naga Sadow's sith holocron stated that the dark lord eluded Teta's pursuit and escaped to Yavin IV. The problem is, the holocron was aboard one of the ships above koros major, so how did the holocron explain Sadow's escape? I'm guessing that powerful sith spirits such as Ragnos are tied to certain sith holocrons and amulets. The more likely scenario is that Ragnos had predicted events 1,000 years in the future as Kun and Ulic would recover the amulets, and had recorded for that benefit.

I would agree, but what is still kind of strange is that Ragnos doesn't look like a spirit at all...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Yeah. That game was Fail though. I wish it was retconned out of existence but apparently Jaden cameos or something in LOTF.

I love that game. I like how Ragnos is all "Rahh! I'll destroy you puny jedi" then summarily gets his s*** kicked in by the player character (in this case Jaden Korr).

Yeah it was Tavion's body he was possessing but for me it was a sweet moment in the EU and raises some questions and probably brings some perspective into this overused power level nonsense.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Translation: it allows you to hate on the Ancient Sith as you did in the Ulic/Exile thread.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:15 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Translation: it allows you to hate on the Ancient Sith as you did in the Ulic/Exile thread.

I don't hate on the ancients; I think they're overrated by some people, but I certainly don't hate them. Ignoring all that I played JA the 1st time sometime in 2003 (beginning of 04 I'm not sure) - trust me - I had no opinion on the ancient Sith then, but it felt good beating up ancient Sith back into oblivion.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Allankles
I don't hate on the ancients; I think they're overrated by some people, but I certainly don't hate them. Ignoring all that I played JA the 1st time sometime in 2003 (beginning of 04 I'm not sure) - trust me - I had no opinion on the ancient Sith then, but it felt good beating up ancient Sith back into oblivion.

No no, you hate the ancient sith and you provide awful arguments against them.. And the JA argument is ridiculous considering Ragnos' power was limited by Tavion's body, so Jaden defeated Tavion with some assistance from Ragnos. We all saw what happens when Ragnos got mad. His spirit wtfpwned Tavion.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

We also have Luke stating that it would take the entire Jedi Order to stop Ragnos if he were to be resurrected...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
We also have Luke stating that it would take the entire Jedi Order to stop Ragnos if he were to be resurrected...

...Didn't he also say that he has no real idea of what Ragnos might be capable of? Or am I dreaming this up?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I don't think so - at least, not like that - but it's been a while.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
I don't think so - at least, not like that - but it's been a while.

I'm pretty damn sure that something to that effect was said, given I recall Lightsnake and Advent bringing it up. I must consult with the oracle!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

In other words, the game?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote