KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly

Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
and... how is that not out of character? erm when has a jedi ever directly made a bold faced lie, for the sake of "suiting their purposes"? because hell if obi-wan really wanted to know where anakin went he could have just mind tricked her.

ermm........Darth Vader killed your father?

quote:

also, theres just as little evidence pointing to him lying as there is to anakin not killing younglings. youre making one hell of a double standard.

It was a hmmm... suppose... situation. Golly Gee Willickers. My knowledge of what Lucas intended is as crystal clear as yours, I can promise you that. And I am firmly aware that Lucas is indisputable canon. get your panties out of a bunch, and take a moment to consider what an interesting twist that would be.

I'm not assaulting canon, I find this thought interesting, and am trying to discuss it. Stop with the No U. Its actually kind of annoying. I'm not a moron when it comes to what was suggested in the movie.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:34 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

We're discussing, we're discussing... srsly...

I mean, by discus do u want us to just shut up and say you're right?

I admit tehre is plausiblty in teh premise.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:37 AM
Click here to Send MikeMikeTheMike a Private Message Find more posts by MikeMikeTheMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by truejedi
[B]ermm........Darth Vader killed your father?

haha, was waiting for you to bring that up.

he didnt lie there.

quote:
It was a hmmm... suppose... situation. Golly Gee Willickers. My knowledge of what Lucas intended is as crystal clear as yours, I can promise you that. And I am firmly aware that Lucas is indisputable canon. get your panties out of a bunch, and take a moment to consider what an interesting twist that would be.

I'm not assaulting canon, I find this thought interesting, and am trying to discuss it. Stop with the No U. Its actually kind of annoying. I'm not a moron when it comes to what was suggested in the movie.

i established a logn time ago that i dont give a shit about canon, so, i have no idea what youre talking about.

that aside, youre basically saying that yes you know that your theory isnt really a theory so much as just... making stuff up for fun, which is cool i do that sometimes. you'd probably enjoy posting in here, though. at least there no one will misunderstand your intentions.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:38 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by MikeMikeTheMike
We're discussing, we're discussing... srsly...

I mean, by discus do u want us to just shut up and say you're right?

I admit tehre is plausiblty in teh premise.

indeed. not really sure what to say in reply to what amounts to basically conjecture >_>

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:39 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the fact that Yoda and Obi-Wan lied to Luke in the OT; it was one of Lucas's unintentionally brilliant moments. For one, it removed the idea that the Jedi are completely and utterly morally infallible (they're not nor should they be) and second, it drove the point home that two of history's greatest Jedi Knights were willing to compromise their personal morals in order to get Luke to do what he needed to. It illustrates how desperate their situation was.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no one cares what you think!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:41 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's why im sure george didn't write them both. The originals is just made so well with so many different elements. while the prequils are soooooo farfetched and like a little kid wrote them.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Click here to Send MikeMikeTheMike a Private Message Find more posts by MikeMikeTheMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Darth Vader did not kill Anakin's father. That was a bold-faced lie.

I am just finishing In Shadows and Darkness and so I am right now interested in how fine a line the Jedi were walking in their treatment of Luke. I fell for Sidious's hundreds of pages of corruption of skywalker, even if they didn't. So the idea that Kenobi LIED to get what he wanted from Padme was really cool to me.

Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

okay tj.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:43 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

truejedi: Darth Vader did not kill Anakin's father. That was a bold-faced lie

lol obviously.... or wait, maybe he did, from the womb.

*twilight zone tehme*

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:44 AM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
Darth Vader did not kill Anakin's father. That was a bold-faced lie.

I am just finishing In Shadows and Darkness and so I am right now interested in how fine a line the Jedi were walking in their treatment of Luke. I fell for Sidious's hundreds of pages of corruption of skywalker, even if they didn't. So the idea that Kenobi LIED to get what he wanted from Padme was really cool to me.

They lied so they could turn Luke into a weapon to throw against Vader and Palpy. How very un-Jedi like! However, desperate times called for desperate measures. Who better to pit against a half-man-cyborg and his old hitler boss than the cyborg's own son?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:45 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ms.Marvel
no one cares what you think!

You cared enough to respond. no expression

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i beet u lyke alwayz

moar spoilerz

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: TJ, In Shadows and Darkness was awesome, wasn't it? Luke Skywalker at his most badass. big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

well he has a point though. If anakin is a huge threat to the galaxy by becoming the evil chosen 1 with all his midichlorins and stuff, there is no greater danger than this. Why not lie to find him? Its virtually the same.

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:48 AM
truejedi

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: indeed, wet dream expected for me tonightzzz! Then I awake sobbing that it isn't real! i loved the dialogue between sidious and Luke though. So much better than what was on the death star.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:50 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

TJ
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: indeed, wet dream expected for me tonightzzz! Then I awake sobbing that it isn't real! i loved the dialogue between sidious and Luke though. So much better than what was on the death star.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Interestingly enough, we see touches of blank's Luke Skywalker in Dark Empire, Inferno, and Invincible. Skywalker was remarkably well written in the trilogy, but Palpatine was in the MVP. Absolutely chilling.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:53 AM
truejedi

In the trilogy? I still have to read the third one. I don't even want you to tell me, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I assume Sids is dead for good?

ah screw it, tell me yes or no on that.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:58 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, he's dead [no clonez here]. But he continues to torment and manipulate Luke from beyond the grave through his legacy.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 07:00 AM
truejedi

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That's the ultimate success isn't it? And the Mara/Luke Romance: Just plain hot. I now want to dump every woman in my life and pursue a red head with green eyes. But how do I seriously look a woman in the eye and tell her I'm breaking up with her because she doesn't look enough like the Mara Jade I have in my head?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 07:02 AM
MikeMikeTheMike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol whos mara jade?

I'm a tomboy, so what?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 07:04 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

TJ
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That's the ultimate success isn't it? And the Mara/Luke Romance: Just plain hot. I now want to dump every woman in my life and pursue a red head with green eyes. But how do I seriously look a woman in the eye and tell her I'm breaking up with her because she doesn't look enough like the Mara Jade I have in my head?

Oh man,

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: What did you think of that scene in In Shadows and Darkness where it looks like Mara Jade was finally about to shift her loyalty to Luke and lie to the Emperor only for Palpatine to sneak the truth out of her? That broke my heart.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 07:06 AM