KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed [merged]

Assassin's Creed [merged]
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- Assassin's Creed -=-

(Due to server load search cancelled bla bla bla)

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

WOAH.

The Graphics, they gameplay, the Everything, VERY intressting,(Note: I had trouble watching the movies from the site itself, downlaod them to your computer)

It sounds like Ubi's Hitman Series, Just without any restrictions, MUCH more freedom and lot more content AI and such and such.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 05:01 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Kewl...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 05:05 AM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'd be interested if it was for something other than PS3 (only).

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 05:17 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

It's Ubisoft, it's in montreal, I KNOW them (Personally), its not only going to be for PS3, it will also be for PC like a month after the release.

They are saying PS3 because it will not be for PS2, also because its PS3, and are advertising FOR the PS3 saying that "This 'kick ass game' will be available for PS3"

Its different, hope you understand.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 06:19 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Oops, real offisicial Website and not a Mirrior

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 07:48 AM
MadMel
Heh

lol....i saw the vids for this..its asmazin..

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 11:02 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

assasins creed countdown/discussion thread

we'll use this thread to countdown the amazing arrival of this perfect game, what are your thoughts.

oh and when it does happen to come out we'll discuss here too. smokin' begin discussion

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:59 AM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Looks amazing. Too bad I will most likely never buy a PS3

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:24 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Perfect? Its not even out. erm

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:24 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Exactly.

Also, there's rumors abound about the exclusivity of this game.

Has anybody actually seen realtime game videos of this game or just trailers?

I just checked gamespot, and they dont have any actual gameplay footage of the game, so nonbody knows if it will be good or not.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 04:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

i've read a few articles on this game, seen some teaser posters and thats about it...

and its rumored to be coming out for 360 and Wii but i don't know how true that is

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 03:20 PM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm pretty sure it's going to come out on the 360 sooner or later.

With higher developing costs for videogames, most companies with original franchises will want to sell it on more than one console.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 04:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

theres already a thread for this game..

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 02:08 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Assasins Creed

This discussion was started in the Next Gen thread which seems kinda odd but I will continue it in its own thread where it belongs. I also did a search and came up with nothing.

So is anyone wanting this game, I know I am.

These are things to be in the final version:

Facts

- The main character's name is Altaïr, he uses a switchblade hidden in his hand.
Apparently this game follows his story as the most legendary assassin in 1191 AD, during the Third Crusade.

- This game is being developed by the same team that developed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

- Although it's by the same team, it has nothing to do with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It's a completely different game.

- This game has been in development since Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was finished. Which means it's been in development for 4 years now.

- This game was previously known as 'Project Assassins'

- This game has been confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PC. This means it will be available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. No word yet if there will be a Nintendo Wii version. Source: Official Ubisoft Press Release and IGN (PC article #1 and PC article #2).

- This is the first game in a franchise of similar games. Jade Raymond has stated that this game will be part of a trilogy and one of both of the next games will have a futuristic setting.

- The Release Date is unknown. At this stage, we only know that it will be released in the third or fourth Quarter of 2007.

- The developers seem to be going for a 'real world feel', with movement being the main focus (in a crowded city, your character can run bumping into people, automatically pushing people out of the way, stumbling when someone pushes back.) according to the first impressions from the presentation at GDC.

- At this stage, the game uses five buttons and the left control stick. Presuming for Xbox 360, the R trigger accelerates your movement, X is jump, Y is view mode, A is attack, and B is not known. On another console (presuming PS3), the triangle is used to control the head, the square controls the hands with a weapon, the circle controls the hand without a weapon, and the X is the control for the feet. R2 changes the intensity with which you do an action.

- Where the story is concerned, the game begins with the initiation. You're a novice. And as part of the initiation, your finger is cut off, to give you the switchblade.

- There is no online play. However, there is downloadable content.

- Not every mission ends in murder. You may be required to steal money and give it to the poor, the developers also wanted to go for a 'Robin Hood' feel to the game.

- You have to build a reputation with the crowd around you. Each person in the crowd that surrounds you has individual Artificial Intelligence, something not possible without the power of the PlayStation 3.

- Jumping is automatic. Real skill comes in manoeuvring Altair through streets and over rooftops without getting caught or knocked over.

- The Health System is realistic. There is no health bar. You can take more damage easier, so one fatal blow by the enemies sword is just that - fatal. Luckily, an intelligent blocking system helps you out here.

- There is a bit of a science fiction element to the game. According to a demo level played on the Xbox 360, when Altair is fatally hit, the screen goes blank, and the words ‘computer offline’ are seen on the screen.
Other things that can be seen in the screen are: ‘memories /01’, ‘hard drive’, ‘options’, ‘animus’ (Latin for soul/life/spirit), “access your genetic memory” and ‘shut down’.

- The idea of Assassin's Creed came about when the Prince of Persia Team was thinking about the Next Generation Prince of Persia. In the early phases the team decided that it would be better to it to become a separate game instead of making a next gen Prince of Persia game, thus the Assassin's franchise was born.

- The game is about the people that suffer during the war instead of religious factor as it is being set during the crusades.

- Altair is fairly known soldier, but not too well known as a celebrity would be and he is good, but not the best out there.

- The cities in Assassin's Creed are based on actual historical texts and drawings from the 3rd Crusade.

- Apparently, Altair has a wife.

- There are three cities to be played in: Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody knows the exact date of its release which I find very frustrating specially since its been in development for 4 years. Anywas what are your thoughts of this game.

NOTE: I spelled 'Assassins' wrong in the thread title

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 04:58 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

Re: Assasins Creed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LinixCobra

- You have to build a reputation with the crowd around you. Each person in the crowd that surrounds you has individual Artificial Intelligence, something not possible without the power of the PlayStation 3.

so what, that aspect of the game isnt going to be in the pc or xbox version?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 05:49 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

No cause x-box sucks. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 05:52 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Thats exactly what I thought of... they are basically saying the best version will be on PS3 because supposedly PS3 is capable of having better AI.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 05:53 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is nothing a console version can best in a PC version, the PC evolves faster than any other machine and is always changing...however i dont kno bout the Xbox sad

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:05 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. that whole "can only be experienced with the power of (random system name)" is such crap

programming is programming... you either can or cant do it

I am very much looking forward to this game though.. its quite unconventional

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

So this game would be the same on ps1 as on ps3? big grin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:12 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote