KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Play Station 3!!!

Play Station 3!!!
Started by: splintercell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Well, it looks like all you PS fanboys can shut up about the PS3 kicking 360's ass because it is so powerful:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
Once again, another prime example of Sony completly overexaggerating their product and underacheiving.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:19 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I could have said that.. but its honestly going to come down to who delivers good games.. I hope all the companies get on the ball.. this past generation (ps2/cube/box) just felt a little slow erm

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:42 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

Agreed

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:27 AM
Tthe Almighty is currently offline Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I could have said that.. but its honestly going to come down to who delivers good games.. I hope all the companies get on the ball.. this past generation (ps2/cube/box) just felt a little slow erm

True, each console launched with 1 good game:

Ps2: SSX
GC:Rogue Leader [Melee followed in December]
XBox:Halo

Then that was it until October 2001 when Ps2 put out GTA3, then GC & XBox were out in November. Then each year we were guaranteed a GTA for Ps2, except 2004 with the Double Pack. In 2001 the Jak & Daxter series bagan, & The Ratchet & Clank series, and Devil May Cry of course in October. In 2001 for GC was Eternal Darkness, and in 2002 we had the REmake, Resident Evil Zero, and Metroid Prime. 2003 was Wind Waker for GC, Manhunt for Ps2, etc. So yeah, it took time, they put alot of time inbetween their heavy hitters if you ask me. I obviously didn't go through the whole list, but you get an idea.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:24 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

Yeah I agree....power and graphics mean s--- if the games themselves are crap.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:00 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by cal31

....Once again, another prime example of Sony completly overexaggerating their product and underacheiving.

oh yeah!!! even more so now that NONE of them are out, and you can NOT COMPARE them yes

"When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games?by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services?will outperform the PlayStation 3."

so they are basically saying that 360 is better, then is provably better, but them saying saying they are the same "The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment." and them saying that power isn't everything, without software they're dead.... make up your own mind,will ya!!

this report is coming from Microsoft, of course they will say Xbox 1.5 is better, what makes me wanna laugh is that at the end they're not sure they will be better or not, they want power,and show you power, but did that power help them beat Sony in the last battle... no it didn't

what makes a console great is games, not power. while the only game that could help them launch 360 is halo 3. PS3 will have DMC 3, RE5, MGS4 and who knows what else

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:13 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

the 360 will not launch with Halo 3.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:19 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

If the PS3 indeed costs almost $600, it will be nearly twice the price of the 360 and Revolution when it comes out. That's bad for their market.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:27 PM
S_D_J
Bane

what I meant is that's the only big game nowadays that creates a big hype for 360

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:27 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by dark1365
If the PS3 indeed costs almost $600, it will be nearly twice the price of the 360 and Revolution when it comes out. That's bad for their market.

I agree on that, will be a big problem

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:29 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yeah, but current rumors says that the third Halo will release the exact date of launch of the PS3. Which is bad timing I reckon.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:29 PM
S_D_J
Bane

bad timing? you mean for Sony or Microsoft?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:35 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Hmm.....good question. Microsoft maybe.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:56 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Originally posted by sith_darth_jay

what makes a console great is games, not power. while the only game that could help them launch 360 is halo 3. PS3 will have DMC 3, RE5, MGS4 and who knows what else
I agree, but I just got tired of all the PS fanboys bragging about the PS3's power and saying it was going to be so much better just because of that, despite the fact they say the exact opposite about PS2 and Xbox since the Xbox is much more powerful.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:03 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I know. PS3 may necessarily be more powerful, but it's the actual games and accessories(online play and etc.) that determine its real quality.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:47 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yep, only time will tell. big grin

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on May 21st, 2005 at 07:23 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2005 07:20 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

i'm looking forward to the online performance! then i will base my answer onto which is better!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 08:03 PM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by cal31
I agree, but I just got tired of all the PS fanboys bragging about the PS3's power and saying it was going to be so much better just because of that, despite the fact they say the exact opposite about PS2 and Xbox since the Xbox is much more powerful.

that's true, but I think what's happening now it's that many Xbox fanboy bragged about Xbox being so powerful and how it's (was) better than PS2 just because of that, now PS fanboys are having (or taking) their revenge big grin.

but what really matters it's the gameplay, not graphics

on a side note, I don't give a damn about accessories, I think that's just dumb. they're good when they help you, but utterly ridiculous when they're needed for a game (when you can not play a game if you don't have that accessory). online on the other hand it's a different matter big grin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 08:04 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
that's true, but I think what's happening now it's that many Xbox fanboy bragged about Xbox being so powerful and how it's (was) better than PS2 just because of that, now PS fanboys are having (or taking) their revenge big grin.

That's exactly what I said, before I edited my above post. laughing out loud

I like George.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:25 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Originally posted by AdventChild
i'm looking forward to the online performance! then i will base my answer onto which is better!
Well, in that category the 360 will undoubtedly trump the PS3. I mean, Xbox already has around 2 million subscribers, and every single game is going to be made live aware, plus add to that a online marketplace. I mean, no matter what Sony does, Xbox is already so far ahead of everyone else for online gaming that it's going to be hard to beat them.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:08 AM