KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Play Station 3!!!

Play Station 3!!!
Started by: splintercell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I beg to differ.. soul calibur 2 has benefitted greatly from the button layout of the gamecube.. in fact.. my overall soul calibur 2 performance declines greatly when I am forced to switch to a ps2 controller

Why am I not surprised you mentioned Soul Calibur? The PS2 controller and X-box controller for that matter was far superior to the Gamecube controller in this game. This game in fact exemplifies why the GC is not suited for any fighting game except those made by Nintendo itself. The A button is huge. You gonna tap the A button more than the other buttons out of instinct. The X and Y buttons are far too close to each other. Unless you have petite fingers you're gonna accidently hit both of them or one of them and the A button at the same time. This all means that you make more horizontal slashes than verticals because the B button is too low and too small. This also means that you gonna do kick instead of throw at times. Also the Z button is awkward. This means blocking is rather a chore. The shoulder buttons are even more awkward than the Z button because you have to hold them down tight in order for it to work. Thus any strong attacks are hard to pop out. Combos? Good luck. I got combos off easily with the other controllers. Combos with the GC was irritating to pull of. I only bought the GC Soul Calibur for Link.

And you didn't mention any FPS did ya?

its hardly complete customization.. but if you'd like to think so.. I hardly believe that has anything to do with expensive touchpad technology

Complete customization? Damn near close. I'd like to think that the customization is a step towards revolution in the gaming industry.

The touchpad isn't relevant to the systems. It's relevant to your tastes as I have said. The touchpad you have praised for innovativeness and originality yet for customization your games and systems you believe to be a slight passe. erm

I was expecting them to act like adults n stop ass kissing eachother for the general public.. and cut straight to the chase of graphical demos.. also notice they didnt bother explaining why their controller looks like a dollar store plastic boomerang.. play soul calibur with that! rofl laughing out loud

You're critizing the systems because of the shrewdness of fellow businessmen. erm Ooooook. That's just a little weird. That's what business people do. They ass kiss. It's called business management. And yet this has NOTHING to with this topic. Obviously you picking gripes for nothing.

Actually the "boomerang" got good reviews by the people who played the demos. They liked the feel. It's a hell of lot better than a finger sliding touchpad. Play Soul Calibur with THAT. roll eyes (sarcastic)

a rich gaming experience involves alot of imagination and creative talent, to bring the user into said world and make it an immersive and enjoyable place to spend their time on a consistant basis.. if the game gets boring easily, or is not a believable atmosphere.. it has lost in its achievement

Nice definition. And your point is? Many games do the said above. Don't tell me your so naive to believe that a PREVIEW of a game was supposed to accomplish all of this. That's just absurd. We wait until the games come out. You my friend fell victim to your schema. You got fooled by the "diagrams" into believing that it is not worth your time because it doesn't provide a "rich gaming experience" right of the bat. You were expecting this in a trailer? What the f**k?

saying I like the touchpad idea hardly makes me biased.. and the only reason dreamcast died was because the CD's were easily pirated.. had nothing to do with it being a bad system, because Im sure one of you at least knows someone with a dreamcast and their 100+ library of burned game copies

The touchpad doesn't make you biased. Your posts do. You critize everything to do with Sony or Microsoft, decipitating it as a megolomanic corporation with no soul and no reverance for true gaming, and you praise Nintendo without end for its innovativeness and old-school style of game marketing. I'm not saying I'm not biased either. But I recognize it. You can't say the same.

The Dreamcast was not just a victim of pirating as you would believe but rather bad marketing, poor launch games, poor business decisions, poor connections with gaming companies, and simply poor timing since everyone was bought into the hype of the PS2. Not to mention their company was ALREADY one foot in the grave due to its previous console failures. Namely Saturn. I'm sure you already know this. Right?

Old Post May 19th, 2005 06:23 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

And you didn't mention any FPS did ya?

I dont own any FPS for cube.. cuz I got a PC... roll eyes (sarcastic) why would I bother?... and just cuz 'you' dislike GC controller for soul calibur doesnt make me wrong

And yet this has NOTHING to with this topic. Obviously you picking gripes for nothing.

you asked what I expected.. I gave you my answer.. so it was perfectly on topic.. as we were discussing the eternally long conference video.. plus I guarantee their boomerang is unsuitable for most game types (unless of course, the rear of the controller is more contoured than the front).. however.. the boomerang design is horribly unoriginal for Sony.. as PC controllers have an equilibrium based controller of similar design which was manufactured ages ago.. tsk tsk.. yes.. indeed.. play soul calibur with a touch pad? where do I sign up? eek!

Nice definition. And your point is?

um.. hello? anyone upstairs in there?.. you asked me what my definition was... and I gave it.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't tell me your so naive to believe that a PREVIEW of a game was supposed to accomplish all of this. That's just absurd.

I didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

The Dreamcast was not just a victim of pirating as you would believe

oh.. so I suppose they just made millions of dollars from the games they werent selling, because they were being pirated, right?... What the f**k?

You critize everything to do with Sony or Microsoft, decipitating it as a megolomanic corporation with no soul and no reverance for true gaming

please point out 'where' I said they have no reverence for gaming... I said I would go with whoever displayed those qualities, once all 3 are released (although there is a possibility I may get all 3.. who knows)

Not to mention their company was ALREADY one foot in the grave due to its previous console failures. Namely Saturn. I'm sure you already know this. Right?

.. if saturn put one foot in the grave for them.. I dont believe they could afford to engineer the dreamcast... again.. they lost ALOT of money on pirated software.. the poor timing I can probably agree with.. but everything else in that paragraph of tidbits is oozing with sony favoritism

why would I get all the systems if I *depict* them so badly.. Im just expecting multimillion dollar corporations to give a damn.. I hardly find that a absurd demand

basically... your entire post consists of personally attacking me, rather than discussing the issue at hand

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:22 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I dont own any FPS for cube.. cuz I got a PC... roll eyes (sarcastic) why would I bother?... and just cuz 'you' dislike GC controller for soul calibur doesnt make me wrong

I didn't say you were wrong. I just happened to prove that the GC controller is rather ineffective when it comes to any other game that doesn't have to do with Mario and Zelda. Nintendo has consistently ignored this aspect of their controllers since the N64. Hopefully they will learn that their controllers need to be far more compatible for other genres that deviate from their own.

you asked what I expected.. I gave you my answer.. so it was perfectly on topic.. as we were discussing the eternally long conference video.. plus I guarantee their boomerang is unsuitable for most game types (unless of course, the rear of the controller is more contoured than the front).. however.. the boomerang design is horribly unoriginal for Sony.. as PC controllers have an equilibrium based controller of similar design which was manufactured ages ago.. tsk tsk.. yes.. indeed.. play soul calibur with a touch pad? where do I sign up?

Your answer doesn't make sense. It equates to something a teenage girl with PMS would say. You didn't like the conference and the ass-kissing so the consoles are justified to unfound criticism due to the prior fact. That's not rational. I can understand if you critize the fact if you critize the consoles for their design (i.e. the controller which is a viable source for criticism) but not for the way the spokesman do business. I don't pay attention to the people who present. I pay attention to the games and consoles themselves. Something you haven't seem to have done.

I too am quite skeptical of the controller. But it's growing on me. It has a nice color. I would rather that they have stuck to the old design but I guess it was time for change. Although I would have chosen ANOTHER type of change. But from the reviews of people who actually tried the controller they liked it so we'll see. And the controller quite similar to the N64 controller....

You wanna play Soul Calibur with a touchpad?! Wow. You're very brave. Two years down the line tell me how you do with it. Probably takes months to get off a decent combo. I mean THINK about it. Touchpads don't work. They need BUTTONS. That you can press. Ever tried to type one of those laserlight keyboards? I have. They suck .

um.. hello? anyone upstairs in there?.. you asked me what my definition was... and I gave it..

Hello back. I asked for a definition and a reference to what it had to with the new generation of consoles. More specifically E3. You said that the new consoles didn't show "a rich gaming experience". I rationally asked how you could judge such a definition upon prototypes, previews and trailers. You didn't answer that. Maybe because it doesn't make sense to you either.

didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

Once again. Did you actually PLAY the finished products? No you watched trailer and a few paragraphs on the game. I heard it loud and clear my friend. It doesn't make sense attribute such a indepth definiton of "rich gaming experience" to games that you haven't played and just watch previews of. It doesn't make sense. Don't judge a book by its cover. Especially with such a deep belief on how games should be. You believe that games should immerse you into another world and introduce you to new gaming concepts. And yet in a hypocritical fashion you judge a games' validity with this notion upon a few brief trailers and screenshots. It's not valid.

oh.. so I suppose they just made millions of dollars from the games they werent selling, because they were being pirated, right?

As I said before, and you obviously didn't read it, it wasn't just pirating. It was bad marketing, business and simply bad timing. Not to mention they were nearly bankrupt to begin with. You didn't dig too much into the history did you? wink

please point out 'where' I said they have no reverence for gaming... I said I would go with whoever displayed those qualities, once all 3 are released (although there is a possibility I may get all 3.. who knows)

You didn't read it correctly. You believe that "certain companies" don't input as much creativity and innovativeness as others. Like Nintendo. That's what I meant.

Good luck. I read an article about an article in Japan that Sony said the PS3 would cost 50,000 yen. That's roughly $465 dollars. ONE blasted system would render me broke. sad

.. if saturn put one foot in the grave for them.. I dont believe they could afford to engineer the dreamcast... again.. they lost ALOT of money on pirated software.. the poor timing I can probably agree with.. but everything else in that paragraph of tidbits is oozing with sony favoritism

You don't know much about corporation business. I'll simplify it for you. Playstation 1 outsold them. Saturns did not sell. They were in debt. They took loans (why I don't know. Very unwise) to make the Dreamcast. They rush released it to make it before the PS2. Unfortunately this was their downfall because as you already mentioned the pirated games (they didn't both to protect the discs) and because Sony outmanuevered them in the gaming industry. The system did not sell as well as the projections were hoped for. Sega had no choice to remove themselves from the costly world of video gaming console marketing and stick with games. THAT was wise.

why would I get all the systems if I *depict* them so badly.. Im just expecting multimillion dollar corporations to give a damn.. I hardly find that a absurd demand

Why? I have no idea. You must be a completionist like me or something. You decipt certain companies in a bad light than others. That's a fact. Whether or not you have the systems doesn't aclude you from this disposition.

No corporation gives damn about the people. Fact of life. It's always about profit. So f*** the people who don't like it. Money is all that matters. It's true of nearly all corporations.

basically... your entire post consists of personally attacking me, rather than discussing the issue at hand

Personal attacks? Where? This is just a critique of your arguements and perceptions of the new consoles. This isn't a personal attack. It's just friendly criticism. Sorry if you don't see it that way. The issue at hand was the new consoles. You believed we were all duped by "pretty diagrams". I said that we were simply reviewing the previews and trailers.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:58 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just happened to prove that the GC controller is rather ineffective when it comes to any other game that doesn't have to do with Mario and Zelda

how did you supposedly prove something that can only be judged by personal opinion?.. that simply doesnt mix..

You said that the new consoles didn't show "a rich gaming experience"

and Im telling you 'again' for the 2nd time.. that I didnt.. Read please :

"I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience" <- a post 1 page back.. OMG!

didnt even say that.... clean some shit out of your ears (namely the stuff that you keep pretending came from me).. I was referring to the finished products (like a year from now you know?..) from a post I made a page or so back

Once again. Did you actually PLAY the finished products? No you watched trailer and a few paragraphs on the game. I heard it loud and clear my friend.

again.. I was making a reference toward the future, and not at the trailers themselves... I'm sure we as human beings have a decent amount of prediction, having played sooo many games from the past.. that we can possibly expect whats to come from the various software being released for each platform

You believed we were all duped by "pretty diagrams". I said that we were simply reviewing the previews and trailers.

and I was lying?.. I thought we at KMC never fall into hype (as most of the poor halo fans have been accused of and bashed for).. its nice to like a system and anticipate its arrival.. but some of the posts are just overtly dramatic.. some of them even have more than 3 exclamations and so forth (I'm just generalising the next gen threads.. not this in particular)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:10 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

how did you supposedly prove something that can only be judged by personal opinion?.. that simply doesnt mix..

I proved it through valid arguements based on personal opinion. Sure it mixes. Until you can counter it...

and Im telling you 'again' for the 2nd time.. that I didnt.. Read please

"I'm just waiting to see which company is gonna stop talking smack and actually deliver a rich gaming experience"

I believe you were referring to the new consoles. As I said we can't judge it solely on previews and trailers. Although after rereading it, we're basically saying the same thing. My bad.

again.. I was making a reference toward the future, and not at the trailers themselves... I'm sure we as human beings have a decent amount of prediction, having played sooo many games from the past.. that we can possibly expect whats to come from the various software being released for each platform

The problem is that your references are based on the trailers themselves. We can sometimes predict accurately however we are often wrong more often then not.

And with the growing technology of the games changing our predictions are apt to more inaccuracy. For example, everyone thought Grand Theft Auto would be a bomb. But we were proven wrong. We could be either wrong or right. I don't judge games on trailers or previews. I do however judge my interest in it. But certainly not its validity as game itself.

and I was lying?.. I thought we at KMC never fall into hype (as most of the poor halo fans have been accused of and bashed for).. its nice to like a system and anticipate its arrival.. but some of the posts are just overtly dramatic.. some of them even have more than 3 exclamations and so forth (I'm just generalising the next gen threads.. not this in particular)

Unfortunately you kinda wrong about the video game section. As I have seen in this forum it's basically adolescents who have limited experience and knowledge about the videogaming industry. They like pretty pictures and colors. What'd you expect. However I'm not buying into any hype. I'm certainly not gonna lay down $465 dollars for a system or anything for that matter without carefully considering it. I'm just excited with the prospect of new technology and advancement for the video-gaming industry as a whole.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:24 AM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Anyway can you please stop ranting on like old ladies.

The Killzone 2 preview is actually pre-rendered

The controller looks very strange and difficult to hold but I'll have to wait untill its actually in my hands.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:40 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

me too....I like the classic controll it works good ..why change up a good thing

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:42 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
me too....I like the classic controll it works good ..why change up a good thing

Didn't Sony have a quote that they used "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:47 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I do believe they have said that Zen2nd

Old Post May 19th, 2005 03:56 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sony always used that quote.

Draco, that cost will probably increase for ps3 considering every console Sony releases's cost more in America than Japan. So its probably going to be upwards of $500. Wow, thats alot of money. There goes one paycheck for me.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 05:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Oh god. I was right. I said it was gonna be at least $450 and I jinxed it.

Better start saving....

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So they announced that Sony's PS3 is going to be $450?
If this is the right price (I presume your correct) and the exchange rate stays about the same until next year, the PS3 for Canadians will cost 568.04.
568.04!!!! Are you ****ing kidding me?
To get the system and one game will cost me over $600.
If this price is correct, and if the Revoultion and XBOX 360 is less expansive, could this be a bad thing for Sony?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

dur it will be bad. plus they will most likely over or under produce the consoles by a huge number and lose money

btw draco, Soul Calibur on the GC isn't bad. the controls worked fine. btw when describing the buttons u were wrong with the layout..and u said u owned it too. the b button is block-not the z button. vertical is y. not b. jus lettin u know. don't get mad or something.

anywho yes i heard the PS3 will cost a pretty penny or two.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:18 AM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

I think this time Xbox 2 is gonna be better than ps3.. I may be wrong.. It's not like im saying that im sure or anything.. We'll have to wait and see..

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:51 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

There is no official price yet

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:24 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by DanZeke25
There is no official price yet

i heard a RUMOR that the ps3 would prolly be 500 U.S. dollars

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:58 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I know... so did I... not you, but some people are acting like its the official price... and its not.. and i dont think its gonna be... it better not

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:47 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

The PS3 is coming out sometime next year i thing that its going to be the best ever console and if anyone things other wise, go to hell you pathetic piece of crap.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:19 PM
Tthe Almighty is currently offline Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Tex
My opinions come from what I've seen. And what I've seen from PS3 is 100x more awesome than what I've seen from XBOX 1.5.

Agreed! thumb up

I like George.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:55 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
The Dreamcast was not just a victim of pirating

Actually, it was. I saw an article about this on an old GamePro magazine, and it said that yes, the games were easily pirated. I can't remember the means, but I do remember that it made Sega waste a lot of money.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
The problem is that your references are based on the trailers themselves. We can sometimes predict accurately however we are often wrong more often then not.

The trailers themselves took most of the plans that the actual companies worked on. Even though it is technically labelled a so-called 'prototype', I doubt that the overall product would change radically.

quote:
Originally posted by SaTSuJiN
(as most of the poor halo fans have been accused of and bashed for)..

I keep getting called a Halo fanboy 'cause of it.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:11 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote