KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?
Started by: Thumbilina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

jungle fever...catch it!

laughing

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:16 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Um... I hope I saw the same movie as you guys. Didn't Anakin say to Padme before choking her-- "LIAR! You were with him!".. Or something to that effect? This is OBVIOUSLY Anakin thinking that Padme has been with Obi-Wan (in a certain way).

Perhaps he even thought that Padme was carrying the offspring of Obi-Wan? -- Now that wasn't implied, but it is an interesting thought.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:47 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Padme-"Your going down a path I cant follow"

Anakin-"Because of Obi-Wan"(who he is staring at)

Later

Anakin-"Liar! ..........Your with him, you brought him here to kill me!"

Later

Anakin-"You will not taker her from me!"

It does look like he may think that, though we know it isnt true.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:51 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by astrofan428
Padme-"Your going down a path I cant follow"

Anakin-"Because of Obi-Wan"(who he is staring at)

Later

Anakin-"Liar! ..........Your with him, you brought him here to kill me!"

Later

Anakin-"You will not taker her from me!"

It does look like he may think that, though we know it isnt true.

thank you astrofan.

(Like your new sig)

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:06 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
thank you astrofan.

(Like your new sig)

Thankyou took no work at all, simply typed on some text and did the little art thing.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:08 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thumbilina

Whew! Thank goodness, I thought I was going crazy there for a minute! I'm glad that there are others out there who caught on to the implication as I saw it. (Whether real or not) eek! big grin

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Thumbilina a Private Message Find more posts by Thumbilina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Did anyone else notice Anakin smile when Padme said Obi-Wan wanted to help him?

What was that about?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:39 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:47 AM
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xeous
Anakin yet again had misplaced hate.

He hated Obi because he thought Padme was pregnant with his children.

They're really Mace's kidz! BOOYAH!
No they're yoda's kids
dumb ass!

JK

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:54 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme?

Originally posted by Thumbilina
Hiya!! I just wanted to ask if anyone else thought that there was an implied affair between Obi Wan and Padme? When Padme's ship lands and Anakin sees Obi Wan on the deck his comments made me think that this was the real reason he was so angry with both Padme and Obi. Also, earlier in the movie when Ani asks Padme if Obi had been there with a snarl on his face. Anyone else pick up on this?? Thanks!

I got that same impresion during that scene. I think Lucas wanted to portrayed the jealous side of Anakin. But I don't think it was the real reason why Anakin turn to the dark side. I cannot help thinking that during the writting of the film at some point Lucas thought of a love triangle with Anakin, Obi, and Padme. Star Wars Soap Opera???...hmm...wink

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:42 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I think Anakin, in his twisted mind, may have thought that Padme had left him for Obi-Wan or something. Remember how he says, "What have you and she been up to?"

He also appeared to think that since they were "together" Obi-Wan had come to murder him at Padme's request. Remember he was really unreasonable and confused at this point.

Last edited by notDeadYet! on May 23rd, 2005 at 02:51 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:48 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Anakin was mad because he was right and Obi-Wan and Padme were wrong, and they wouldn't listen to him, or agree to align themselves with him.

As Obi-Wan said "Only the Sith deal with absolutes". Anakin was so caught up with his own selfish desires he didn't care what anyone else wanted, not even Padme. I thought it was brilliant, to be honest.

Obi-Wan and Padme were against Anakin. Anakin was "right", so they were "wrong", and they became his enemy. Simple as that.

Had a little to do with jealousy I'm sure. Anakin simply saw them both as enemies. He dealt with such black and white authority. There is no grey area, no reasoning, just order and chaos. Because Obi-Wan and Padme hated the idea of The Empires "order", to Anakin, they became supporters of chaos, something which he had grown to hate.

Anakin may have had searring jealousy because Obi-Wan and Padme were united against him, and that is all he saw. He saw defiance in both of them. How could she side with Obi-Wan more than him? He was blind to any sort of opinion or rationality. He was frustarted that he went to all of this bother and nobody appreciated any of it and his friends were united against him. That's what sent him over the edge.

Last edited by Red Superfly on May 23rd, 2005 at 02:55 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

exactly. "with" him doesn't mean in the bedroom children. "with" can simply mean joining anothers view and being on their side. maybe we should have added "you're with him" to the dirty star wars line thread with such logic... laughing

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:35 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

This isn't the first jealousy romantic triangle thing in SW of course...
As we remember with Han/Luke and Leia...

But this was better done with the abscence of a incestuous subtext..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thumbilina

Ahhhhhh Sadako...I'd forgotten about that one...<slaps forehead> You see peoples...Georgie had it in him all along! LOL love yes

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Thumbilina a Private Message Find more posts by Thumbilina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

yes, but none of them where Married wink

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:30 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

ahem: I repeat...

Anakin: (To Obi-Wan while force choking his wife) "What have you and she been up to!!?!"

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:06 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

but.................

Padme: Anakin, all I want is your love.

(a couple of lines later)

Padme: I don't know you anymore. Anakin. you're breaking my heart.
I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow.

(a couple of lines later)

Padme: Because of what you've done. . . what you plan to do.
Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you.

so if she said that she loved him three times, (right then) than I don't think there would be any thing going on with her and Obi because of how much she loved him.

*Then*

Anakin: (seeing Obi-Wan) Liar!

Padme turns around and sees Obi-Wan standing in the doorway of the Naboo Cruiser.

Padme: No!

Anakin: Your with him. (saying that Obi is on the same side as Padme)
You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:29 PM
thejeditraitor
An Original

MOST CONFUSED PEOPLE EVER!

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

so do you think there was something going on??^^^

(Myself says NO)

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:34 PM